• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/4/2024 at 9:51 PM, Mikeeboy25 said:

AP Royal Oak for me , rolex is too overhyped nowadays, they think its the best watch in the world lol :D

It is.  My Rolex precision has been with me for decades.  Never broke.  In high school i even played basketball while wearing it.  It was a graduation gift from my sister from the US.

On 11/24/2006 at 6:43 AM, koopahl said:

i wear a seiko but i don't feel am being look down upon by other people when they see my cheap watch...being dignified is a product of one's personality and the manner by which he carries that personality no matter what he wears or what accessories he has on...

i know bill gates wears a timex ironman (might even be pinoy-made) and lucio tan sports a seiko and these are very, very rich and influential people who need not flaunt nor herald their positions in life...

on the contrary, i know of a person of high postion who sports a rolex that is looked down upon more because of the way he seems to flaunt his esteemed status and the way he shows his derision over ordinary people...but the fact is he is looked down upon because he just happens to be a person in government who sports expensive jewelry and rides in expensive cars and yet receives a pittance in salary...so how come?

i don't have any beef on rolexes...they are good, dependable and enduring watches with superb swiss movements...they stand the test of time...and they're precious assets that can pass from generation to generation...you have one you take care of it just as any other watch that you consider as precious...

Lucio Tan wears an old beat up Tag.  I will never wear an expensive watch with him around.  Once he asked the pilot if he was wearing a rolex?  Then asked for the time.  He looked at his Tag and remarked, “Pareho Lang pala ang oras.”  Eto kwento Lang naman pero I believed the story because it was so much like him.  Minsan daw for reasons only he knew, he was seated in economy.  The FA asked him why not transfer to business?  He asked ano ang ETA natin?  After getting the answer, mas maaga ba ako dadating if I transfer to business? That’s his humor.  But I’ve seen him wear gold rolexes also on several occasions.

Edited by DorkVader