• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

just be patient and vigilant Jettyro. pre-owned shops buy from individuals also. babaratin nila esp if not in perfect condition, then buff, repair, and polish. substantial mark-up because theirs is a business, at least 20%. Authentication is the key on your part. for security that its original and/or not a stolen watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

do you guys find rolexes worth its high price tag?

Rolex is your gateway to the world of Hi-end watches. Definitely worth the price for your starter watch.

here are the pro's of owning a rolex

1. The rotor is very smooth, you can not feel it move. (wear an Oris or a Panerai and you will know what I mean)

2. The accuracy is very good. With my experience with my Rolex Daytona , I only have to adjust my watch every 6 months , the time is delayed around 5-6 minutes. rolex are certified to have an error rate of only +-4 seconds a day. My other watches, most specialy the complicated watches get delayed around 3 minutes a month.

3. Easy service, there is no need to send your watch to hongkong/Singapore. Switzerland for service, Rolex center Beside AIM can service your watch with a downtime of around 2-3 weeks.

Cons

1. Too many Rolex around, it is no longer special

2. If you will buy pre owned , make sure the exchange would happen in the service center, there are many rolex owners who are not particular with repairs when their watches get broken. They will make an independent repair it and even agree to a complete Calibre Change just to make the watch work.

once you buy your rolex, you must aim higher for your next watch. Rolex is just a gateway watch.

• Like (+1) 1

i thought that rolexes ran faster. thats what i heard. but what i know is that its not that accurate in terms of the time it shows

As sir Retz has said cosc certification allows a small margin of error . some would move a bit faster, some moves slower. Depende din sa level of activity ng gumagamit, gravitation forces etc.

Ah ok. I'm a vintage 1969(!) Oyster perpetual date just user (pamana in daddy). I only use it for special ocassions since I noticed it runs faster than my other watches. Good to know!

if the delay/advance is just 2-3 minutes a month no need to worry. more than that you have to have it serviced. change ng lubricant, change ng sealant etc.

Where does one go to have it checked and lubed? I hear you shouldn't go to Rolex service centers.

whoa, like do not have your car serviced sa casa? hahaha go to rolex center. there is one besides AIM in Makati. tapat ng greenbelt one.

since rolex is common, there are some independents who can repair it, there are replacement parts too(seals etc) but If you are as fuzzy as me, I want everything to be original