Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

i thought that rolexes ran faster. thats what i heard. but what i know is that its not that accurate in terms of the time it shows

As sir Retz has said cosc certification allows a small margin of error . some would move a bit faster, some moves slower. Depende din sa level of activity ng gumagamit, gravitation forces etc.

Ah ok. I'm a vintage 1969(!) Oyster perpetual date just user (pamana in daddy). I only use it for special ocassions since I noticed it runs faster than my other watches. Good to know!

if the delay/advance is just 2-3 minutes a month no need to worry. more than that you have to have it serviced. change ng lubricant, change ng sealant etc.

Where does one go to have it checked and lubed? I hear you shouldn't go to Rolex service centers.

whoa, like do not have your car serviced sa casa? hahaha go to rolex center. there is one besides AIM in Makati. tapat ng greenbelt one.

since rolex is common, there are some independents who can repair it, there are replacement parts too(seals etc) but If you are as fuzzy as me, I want everything to be original

• 1 month later...

I have a two-tone Yachtmaster II. Pamana lang hehe. I want a GMT Batman or Pepsi Edition. Hirap lang humanap and take note sa GH ang dami ng fake. :(

My stash consists of DJ 2tone, a Sub ND and a coke GMT, my first got it 2nd hand for 50k like 18 years ago .

Sir ang swerte mo naman 18years ago hehe 50k lang kuha mo.
  • 4 weeks later...

Whether Rolex is expensive or not, is a very relative question. So, there is no clear cut rule on this across all demographics.

This brand will easily start your addiction in the world of horology as in my own case. From here, I went to other brands, such as, but not limited to, IWC, Omega and PAM. However, at the end of the road, I saw myself going back to this brand.

Be that as it may, and at the end of the day, it really boils down to personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...

the watch that introduced me to the Bezel world. I got this watch in 1999 as a christmas gift from my dad. the last time I wore it is in 2004. I picked it up today , walked a few meters and viola. it started up right away. after more than 10 years of being in a state of hibernation.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/doslirio/datejust_zpscxoqdbni.jpg

My latest rolex watch . My father in law gave this watch to me last saturday. even though it is pre owned, I am very happy since it is a gift. Daytona white gold.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/doslirio/daytona%20white%20gold_zpsqofqeyoz.jpg

even though I am not much of a rolex fan, I ended up having several of it for the past two months

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/doslirio/watch%20collection_zps8ligymod.jpg

friends in need of money sold it to me for a good price. I am not reselling it because my goal is to collect 100 watches. it made me realize that among all watches. Rolex is the easiest one to sell. I've had numerous meeting with watch friends who are willing to shell out money right away for a Rolex watch but are not willing to buy a Panerai or a Breitling.

in my opinion, for the price. Rolex is hard to beat

Edited by r35gtr
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 6 months later...

the good thing abt rolex: no matter how old, scratched or worn down your watch is, just bring it to the rolex center and it'll come out sparkling like brand new. as an investment, like jewelry - its a zero operating/maintenance cost hedge against inflation.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...