Pba Mvp Dapat

adriane888

but i think that was the season na kailngan me tumabla sa 4 na MVP ni fernandez who joined the MBA as commissioner...

Dapat kay Fernandez un, kaya lang namili ng boto si Nap G (press votes)! Players votes were for Fernandez! It was a close vote.

Para di OT -

Arwind Santos

Nelson Asaytono (kahit hindi nagchampion sila nung time na yun, bitbit nya buong team up to the end).

Jerry Codinera, Nelson Asaytono - both na politika ng PBA. special mention Mon Fernandez (kahit na 4 time MVP) na politika nuong 1979 against Atoy Co, again 1989 vs Benjie Paras, Grand Slam ang San Miguel pero MVP galing sa Shell.... dapat 6th time MVP si Ramon "the franchise"Fernadez...

Jerry Codinera, Nelson Asaytono - both na politika ng PBA. special mention Mon Fernandez (kahit na 4 time MVP) na politika nuong 1979 against Atoy Co, again 1989 vs Benjie Paras, Grand Slam ang San Miguel pero MVP galing sa Shell.... dapat 6th time MVP si Ramon "the franchise"Fernadez...

Agree! DonRamon!!!

Edited by cxxxavier

Im not sure kung na politika cla Jerry and Nelson, Im pretty sure Alvin deserved his MVP nung tinalo nya c Jerry, and Nelson im sure nde nya deserve maging Mvp kasi wala syang finals na inabutan, just like Mark Caguiao last season.. walng finals appearance pero MVP...

Im not sure kung na politika cla Jerry and Nelson, Im pretty sure Alvin deserved his MVP nung tinalo nya c Jerry, and Nelson im sure nde nya deserve maging Mvp kasi wala syang finals na inabutan, just like Mark Caguiao last season.. walng finals appearance pero MVP...

sir jasonkidd, in case ni jerry codinera in 1993, both jerry and alvin patrimonio they are both 1 and 2 in statistical points, remember that stats di ganun kalaki ang percentage againts sa players/media vote, purefoods choose to vote alvin na number 2 sa stat points, plus nap gutierez move heaven and earth to have the media vote for alvin. a landslide vote for alvin kaya cya ang MVP... (sir i am a purefoods fan nothing against alvin p. just giving my opinion). kaya tingnan mo 1st conference ng 94 the PBA invented the palyer of the conference pampalubag loob kay jerry. (yes jerry codinera was the first palyer awardee of the BPC)...

Same with Nelson Asaytono, 1st si nelson sa stat points 2 si ato agustin nanalo si agustin dahil sa media vote... kaya against ako sa votes eh nagiging popularity ang MVP againts actual stat ng player.

Same with Mon fernandez in 1979 1st cya sa stat vs atoy co na 2nd tinalo sa vote ng media. same in 1989.

sir ito yung 3 conference champions nung 1992: Nag Champion both team nila nelson at ato, but the fact was lamang si nelson sa stat points that year... sa vote ng media nanalo si ato agustin (which in my opinion di dapat mas mataas ang percentage ng vote againts sa stat ng player di naman popularity contest yan eh.)

Conferences

First Conference champions - Shell Rimula-X

All-Filipino Cup champions - San Miguel Beermen

Third Conference champions - Swift Mighty Meaty Hotdogs

(wikipedia ang source sir)

sir jasonkidd, in case ni jerry codinera in 1993, both jerry and alvin patrimonio they are both 1 and 2 in statistical points, remember that stats di ganun kalaki ang percentage againts sa players/media vote, purefoods choose to vote alvin na number 2 sa stat points, plus nap gutierez move heaven and earth to have the media vote for alvin. a landslide vote for alvin kaya cya ang MVP... (sir i am a purefoods fan nothing against alvin p. just giving my opinion). kaya tingnan mo 1st conference ng 94 the PBA invented the palyer of the conference pampalubag loob kay jerry. (yes jerry codinera was the first palyer awardee of the BPC)...

Same with Nelson Asaytono, 1st si nelson sa stat points 2 si ato agustin nanalo si agustin dahil sa media vote... kaya against ako sa votes eh nagiging popularity ang MVP againts actual stat ng player.

Same with Mon fernandez in 1979 1st cya sa stat vs atoy co na 2nd tinalo sa vote ng media. same in 1989.

sir ito yung 3 conference champions nung 1992: Nag Champion both team nila nelson at ato, but the fact was lamang si nelson sa stat points that year... sa vote ng media nanalo si ato agustin (which in my opinion di dapat mas mataas ang percentage ng vote againts sa stat ng player di naman popularity contest yan eh.)

Conferences

First Conference champions - Shell Rimula-X

All-Filipino Cup champions - San Miguel Beermen

Third Conference champions - Swift Mighty Meaty Hotdogs

(wikipedia ang source sir)

I see. you are referring to the year Ato and Nelson was MVP candidate.. kala ko kasi ung year na nasa SMB na c da bull e.. i think the media defended their votes, they said an MVP should be an example to all the players, the youth. kaya natalo c da bull nun, maangas masyado. kahit ako nde ko gusto na manalo c ato nun, feel ko swerte lang sya nung season na un at nde tlga sya deserving to be the MVP nun.. well i was rooting for Cap nun e hehe.. Cap won becoz kahit sino would think Jerry upped his stats becoz of Alvin, walang Alvin halos nde makikilala c Jerry.. unlike Alvin e tlgang masipag and he always has the heart of a winner..

"Cap won becoz kahit sino would think Jerry upped his stats becoz of Alvin, walang Alvin halos nde makikilala c Jerry.. unlike Alvin e tlgang masipag and he always has the heart of a winner.."

1st i am a purefoods fan... but i beg to disagree sa statement mo na "walang alvin hindi halos makikilala si Jerry.

1. Jerry won a UAAP Title in 1985 for UE (Last Championship ng UE) so may pangalan na cya before purefoods.

2. Starting Center sya ng Magnolia team sa PABL na Champion team din sa amature.

3. Jerry Codinera was a former member of NCC team formed by Legendary Coach Ron Jacobs, Jerry C played with the likes of Samboy Lim, Allan Caidic, Jeff Moore, Dennis Steel etc. (Alvin was never been a member of this elite group of players. This RP team was the last RP Team that Beat China Team A in Asian Championship before it was called FIBA today)

I have nothing against Alvin P, magaling cyang scorer, complete player malakas katawan, magaling sa ilalim may tira sa labas. but Jerry Codinera was the anchor of the Purefoods DEFENSE. cyempre mas sikat ang scorer sa mga fans, pero ask any modern coach, they will tell you DEFENSE wins Championship.

Di mag champion ang purefoods without Alvin P offense and Without Jerry C defense. kaya nga for me THEY are the Heart and Soul of purefoods then.

ang sinasabi ko naman eh 1993 Jerry Codinera have a better year than Alvin P. (all around game yun) sa scoring di tatalunin ni Jerry si alvin aminado ako duon.

(back read ka bro tingnan mo di lang naman ako nag sasabi na 1993 Jerry C have a better year than Alvin P.)

nde pwede maging MVP c da bull.. wala sya naipanalong championship that year e

Puwede, example below....

"Cap won becoz kahit sino would think Jerry upped his stats becoz of Alvin, walang Alvin halos nde makikilala c Jerry.. unlike Alvin e tlgang masipag and he always has the heart of a winner.."

1st i am a purefoods fan... but i beg to disagree sa statement mo na "walang alvin hindi halos makikilala si Jerry.

1. Jerry won a UAAP Title in 1985 for UE (Last Championship ng UE) so may pangalan na cya before purefoods.

2. Starting Center sya ng Magnolia team sa PABL na Champion team din sa amature.

3. Jerry Codinera was a former member of NCC team formed by Legendary Coach Ron Jacobs, Jerry C played with the likes of Samboy Lim, Allan Caidic, Jeff Moore, Dennis Steel etc. (Alvin was never been a member of this elite group of players. This RP team was the last RP Team that Beat China Team A in Asian Championship before it was called FIBA today)

I have nothing against Alvin P, magaling cyang scorer, complete player malakas katawan, magaling sa ilalim may tira sa labas. but Jerry Codinera was the anchor of the Purefoods DEFENSE. cyempre mas sikat ang scorer sa mga fans, pero ask any modern coach, they will tell you DEFENSE wins Championship.

Di mag champion ang purefoods without Alvin P offense and Without Jerry C defense. kaya nga for me THEY are the Heart and Soul of purefoods then.

ang sinasabi ko naman eh 1993 Jerry Codinera have a better year than Alvin P. (all around game yun) sa scoring di tatalunin ni Jerry si alvin aminado ako duon.

(back read ka bro tingnan mo di lang naman ako nag sasabi na 1993 Jerry C have a better year than Alvin P.)

to support my claim na di nag laro sa ncc si alvin p ito history ng ncc

In 1980, businessman and Ambassador Eduardo "Danding" Cojuangco, founder and owner of Northern Cement Corporation, was appointed by the Philippine government, under President Ferdinand E. Marcos, to become the project director for basketball in the country. Cojuangco (despite not being an officer or member of the national basketball governing body at that time, the Basketball Association of the Philippines) was tasked to set up, finance, and develop national basketball team to represent the country internationally. During that time, the best players in the country were playing in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA), the first professional basketball league in the Philippines, and in Asia. With the Fédération Internationale de Basketball Amateur ruling that only amateur basketball players would be allowed to participate in national basketball team tournaments, Cojuangco sought a way to keep the Philippine basketball competitive on the international stage, without the country's best players.

Coaches Ron Jacobs and Ben Lindsey of the National Collegiate Athletic Association in the United States were brought in to handle the team, and it was eventually Jacobs who became head coach.

Seeking to fast-track the success of the program, the first team formed in 1981 was mainly made up of 8 American players who became naturalized Filipinos (a practice also common to European national teams at that time) which included Dennis Still and Jeff Moore. Two Filipino-Americans, Willie Pearson, and National Basketball Association Filipino-American draftee Ricardo Brown were included, along with two local players in JB Yango and Frankie Lim, both from San Beda College. This was done with the intention of passing on new basketball technology to the Filipino cagers. The team easily won the 4th William Jones Cup in 1981, but failed to gain support among some Filipino fans, as they viewed the program as merely having foreigners represent the country. The first team was eventually scrapped, and Jacobs was then asked to develop local talents instead.

In 1981, at the Southeast Asian Games held in Manila, Jacobs was tasked to retain the country's gold medal in Men's Basketball. Noting the lack of competition, Jacobs decided to appoint De La Salle University head coach Pilo Pumaren as coach for the Philippine team, made up of players from the still amateur Manila Industrial and Commercial Athletic Association. The team successfully retained the gold medal.

In 1982, Jacobs mentored the Philippines' national under-19 basketball team, to the Asian Basketball Confederation Juniors Championship in his first official tournament as head coach for the Philippines' teams. The team included players such as Leo Austria, Jong Uichico, Hector Calma, Louie Brill and Samboy Lim. The team beat China in the final at the Araneta Coliseum in Manila. However, even as Jacobs went about developing local talents, the players were still deemed "raw".

In 1983, owing to the lack of tall players on the new team, Jacobs brought back Jeff Moore and Dennis Still from the original team, and included a new player in Arthur "Chip" Engelland. The new national pool was composed of the three naturalized players and amateur Filipino stalwarts. This program, along with the creation of the Philippine Amateur Basketball League (PABL), sought to keep the amateur stars from joining the professional Philippine Basketball Association and keep the Philippines competitive in FIBA basketball tournaments. The players on the team were eventually allowed to turn pro when they had finished their stint with the team.

In 1984, Eduardo Cojuangco had become the chairman of San Miguel Corporation, and continued to support the new program. During this time, Jacobs selected players from the pool to compete in the Philippine Basketball Association. Jacobs retained Jeff Moore and Dennis Still from the first NCC team, and Hector Calma, Louie Brill and Samboy Lim from the Philippine under-19 team. The team now included American shooting maestro Arthur Engelland and Filipino hotshot Allan Caidic, who joined the team in 1983.

The team, known as the all-amateur Northern Consolidated Cement (NCC) guest team, competed in the 1984 and 1985 PBA seasons and eventually won the 1985 PBA Reinforced Conference championship. As the champion of the pro league, the team went on to represent the Philippines and captured the 1984 ABC Club Championship, as well as the 1985 William Jones Cup championship, under the name "San Miguel Beer". Because of their win at the Asian Club Championship, the team represented the Asian region at the 1985 World Cup for Champion Clubs at Girona, Spain as "Northern Consolidated Cement".[1]

In 1985, the members of the Northern Consolidated Cement team played for the country's national basketball team. The NCC-powered national team won the 1985 Southeast Asian Games basketball tournament and the Asian Basketball Confederation Championship on January 5, 1986 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, tournament which the country had not won since 1973. In winning the ABC Championship, the team qualified for the 1986 World Basketball Championship in Madrid, Spain and the 1986 Goodwill Games

List of players

Peter Aguilar

Teddy Alfarero

Alfie Almario

Michael Antoine

Louie Brill

Ricardo Brown

Allan Caidic

Hector Calma

Jerry Codiñera

Rey Cuenco

Eddie Joe Chavez

Yves Dignadice

Arthur "Chip" Engelland

Benjie Gutierrez

Frankie Lim

Avelino "Samboy" Lim

Steve Lingerfelter

Alfredo "Pido" Jarencio

Jeffrey "Jeff" Moore

Willie Pearson

Willie Polk

Franz Pumaren

Bong Ramos

Elmer Reyes

Steve Schall

Alfonso "Al" Solis

Dennis Still

Leoncio "Jun" Tan, Jr.

Jong Uichico

Ludovico "Naning" Valenciano

Bruce Webster

Jayvee Yango

Antonio "Tonichi" Yturri

source wikipidia

hmm maybe.. pero nde ko din sure.. pero basta ako alam ko deserve ni alvin ung MVP nya haha.. Jerry relies more on his outside shooting.. i dont na mean na nde sisikat c JERRY, what i mean he gets his points not on one on one moves compared to cap, Cap scored because of mostly of his skills, Jerry is always at the right time at the right place. laging may double c alvin. kaya madalas open sya, thats how he scores. he is well known for his DEFENSE.. tlagang depensa ang benta nya..

uhm.... what the???

jerry doesn't score one on one??? you sure??? jerry outside shooting lang??? you sure???

always at the right place and at the right time??? doesn't this mean basketball iq and not just luck???

jerry is not as prolific a scorer as alvin, but what clicked was their compatibility...

same way as you say paras and magsanoc... mutt and jeff combination yung dalwa..

alvin and jerry naman ay ang twin (bulky) towers

hmm maybe.. pero nde ko din sure.. pero basta ako alam ko deserve ni alvin ung MVP nya haha.. Jerry relies more on his outside shooting.. i dont na mean na nde sisikat c JERRY, what i mean he gets his points not on one on one moves compared to cap, Cap scored because of mostly of his skills, Jerry is always at the right time at the right place. laging may double c alvin. kaya madalas open sya, thats how he scores. he is well known for his DEFENSE.. tlagang depensa ang benta nya..

bro medyo malayo na usapan eh, ang tanong MVP dapat, ang sagot ko in 1993 JERRY CODINERA have a better year than alvin p. my opinion si Jerry dapat MVP kung sya ang binoto ng purefoods.Alvin deserved his MVP except 1993...

baket right time at a right place lagi si Jerry for the kick out pag na double team si alvin sa post, bro by design yun, set plays, sinadya ng coach yun. bro inside and outside player din si Jerry, kaya lang talagang si alvin and first option ng purefoods. baket first option si alvin kc scorer talaga si alvin compared kay jerry...

bro medyo malayo na usapan eh, ang tanong MVP dapat, ang sagot ko in 1993 JERRY CODINERA have a better year than alvin p. my opinion si Jerry dapat MVP kung sya ang binoto ng purefoods.Alvin deserved his MVP except 1993...

baket right time at a right place lagi si Jerry for the kick out pag na double team si alvin sa post, bro by design yun, set plays, sinadya ng coach yun. bro inside and outside player din si Jerry, kaya lang talagang si alvin and first option ng purefoods. baket first option si alvin kc scorer talaga si alvin compared kay jerry...

Yes Jerry should been mvp in 1993, that was the best on his career... only that year... good defense and his reliable top of the key jumper... he was rob with that trophy... well politics or fan based or marketing... mahirap mawala yun

• 2 weeks later...

did abe king won an mvp?

Parang hindi ata.

Personal information

Listed height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

Career information

College

San Beda College

Selected by the Toyota Super Corollas

Pro career 1977–1994

Career history - Toyota, Gold Eagle, Great Taste, Purefoods

Career highlights and awards - 1982 PBA Mythical First Team, 1985 PBA Mythical Second Team

• 2 weeks later...