• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Running

daDJ

Anong schedule mo po miss @blue violet ?

kaya naman namin mag adjust ni papi @ppdd hehe

Anyway,

Jogged around MOA two saturdays ago (march 26)... There was an event there (Doggie run) and saw a running buddy of mine... I ended up running with my buddy and dog for 5k. haha.

pafs hilig mo talaga sa doggie.. lolz

anyway, tigil muna ako sa jog/run.. as advised by my rehab doc.. balik rehab starting tomorrow

started going to the gym last sunday and monday.. need daw to strengthen my legs and lose weight.. hayyy

in other running news, did you see this? she broke 4 world records in 1 race! deym!

"Joyciline ran splits of 5K in 14:53, 10K in 30:04 (previous record 30:21), 15K in 45:37 (46:14) and 20K in 1:01:25 (1:01:40) and completing the half marathon course in 1:04:52 – breaking the 10km, 15k, 20km and half marathon world records!"

Source: http://www.justrunlah.com/2017/04/03/joy-for-joyciline-jepkosgei-kenyan-smashes-4-world-records-in-1-race/

• Like (+1) 1

newbies doing 21k runs. naman oh.

haven't tried pa talaga. was trying to join a group kaya lang their schedule won't work with mine. kainis. work and life schedule. :/

You can start by walking short distances muna, then gradually build up. That's how most of us started out. A walk to the nearby sari-sari store soon became a walk around the block. After a while, we find ourselves moving faster, from a walking pace to jogging, then running. Then the distance gradually increases. Just like what Forest Gump did. :-)

@blue violet

Saang area ka po ba maam tsaka anong prefer mong schedule? Marami akong friends from the running community na nakatira sa iba't ibang lugar kaya puede kita ipa-guide sa mga running clinics nila.

late afternoon sana or early morning. but I know, work schedule conflict if weekdays. so weekends?

You can start by walking short distances muna, then gradually build up. That's how most of us started out. A walk to the nearby sari-sari store soon became a walk around the block. After a while, we find ourselves moving faster, from a walking pace to jogging, then running. Then the distance gradually increases. Just like what Forest Gump did. :-)

did this actually. I never thought it was possible. jogging/running can be addictive ;) and a lifesaver.

I usually go around the village din.

pero ano kaya to. it feels a bit tight these days. parang cramps na ewan. can't finish my regular route..

Are you doing it daily? The body needs to rest and recover also. usually, a day of rest between runs should be enough for the muscles to recover, specially when you're just getting into running.

awwwww.. this is sad news.. nde talaga biro ang 42k. you need to condition your body and mind for the event

RIP dun sa runner :(

May namatay daw sa nat geo 42k event kahapon. Wag muna sasabak sa marathon kung walang proper training. RIP sa kanya.

Weather was not friendly last nat geo run. Isang factor yun n maaaring reason ng nangyati sa kanya. They also mentioned na he's almost at the finish line.

Kaya yung skyway lang ang tatakbuhan ko na marathon. Kahit summer season basta 12am ang start, di masyado mainit yun. Syempre as ppdd says condition your mind and body.