• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Running

daDJ

i really need to run again! i have gained a lot of weight this Christmas season....masarap kasi kumain.....i need a group so i can run regularly,....mahirap mag-isa...nakakabagot! anyway my goal for january is 5K....then mga march or april 10K, then june or july 21 K and hopefully by the end of the year full marathon.....by the way i am almost a senior citizen 58 y/o

romyg, on 03 Jan 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

i really need to run again! i have gained a lot of weight this Christmas season....masarap kasi kumain.....i need a group so i can run regularly,....mahirap mag-isa...nakakabagot! anyway my goal for january is 5K....then mga march or april 10K, then june or july 21 K and hopefully by the end of the year full marathon.....by the way i am almost a senior citizen 58 y/o

Where are you based? Maraming tumatakbo sa UP, BGC area, Ayala Triangle, MOA, Filinvest Alabang areas. They welcome new runners.

Four weeks to Condura! Last two weekend chances for long runs before tapering down.

A few comments:

Finally a running club thread! I used to do all the road races around 10 years ago, my favorites were the Executive 10K at UP where they have age groupings so its quite possible to medal in this race, the Yakult 10-miler which had a lot of participants, the Coke-Arrow 10K, and the Milo Half Marathon. After a while sponsorship of road races started to wane and even PAL stopped sponsoring the very popular PAL Marathon. Its great to find out that there are still road races sponsored by the biggies. Kudos to daDJ for posting the info on the upcoming events.

Maybe we should organize this as an MTC running club like what a previous poster suggested. My idea is to register as a club if the event permits this and we could have MTC singlets made if people here are so inclined. I would think that this may be better than going to some of the MTC EBs I've been invited to but never attended.

Thank you again daDJ for the info.

Nice idea.. I hope this will materialize

Balik kondisyon program na guys... also gained a lot this holidays. haha

upcoming events na kasali ako:

Jan 18 -- takbo.ph 20 miler -- 32km

Feb1 -- Condura skyway Marathon -- 42KM

new playground, Mandaluyong. hehe

mukhang nde na ako makakasali sa iba pang runs.. focus na muna sa CSM

kitakits on Feb1

Resolution Run 32K at NUVALI

Very difficult route! The first 10km was on the hilly roads of NUVALI. The next 10km was up the ridge going to Tagaytay through Bgy Casile in Cabuyao, then the next 12km was the run down the slope all the way to the finish line. Sakit sa tuhod! But the view going up and down the mountain was fantastic! Nakakatanggal pagod.

Hydration stations were every two kilometers and had ample supply of water. Too bad they only had a few stations with Gatorade and only one station with bananas for the 32k runners, but the banana supply was quickly wiped out.

It was a good 32k run in preparation for Condura on Feb1 and for TBR Dream Marathon on Feb22.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone know where one can purchase Bag Balm (Bag Balm is a salve developed in 1899 to soothe irritation on cows' udders after milking). After some research on the net, this seems highly recommended for inner thigh chafing (which I begin to get after runs longer than 15k).

Will be trying Transpore Clear 1st Aid tape for nip chafe (read that too on the net) as I get bloody nips at times too. Got the tape at Mercury Drug.

Good luck everyone for the takbo.ph 20-Miler!

Edited by rocco69