Running

daDJ

Newbie runner here. May maisusuggest ba kayong routine for gradual weight loss? Ang hirap kasing bumawas eh.

To add to what floppy just said.

Stop drinking coke and fruit juices. Kahit na yung mga diet diet juices kuna. panay asukal lang yan! Isama mo na rin iwasan ung mga 3 in 1 coffee. Mag brewed ka na lang. Stop eating junk foods and minimize take out i.e. mcdo, jollibee, yellowcab, raks, etc.. Lower your sugar intake.. Snack on fruits like apples and oranges at nilagang mani. Huwag panay karne ang ulam. Dapat pag may karne may gulay din.

That sensible diet, coupled by regular exercise allows me to rice all you can 3 meals a day. (about 3 4 cups each meal).

Open pa ba registration ng nat geo? And do they have an online registration kaya?

Good morning!

Hi Wyette!

Meron online registration, pero puno na slots through online reg. Not sure if they still have slots at the onsite registration area.

http://natgeorun.com/online/2014/registration/

Try contacting the secretariat if they will open up more online slots.

Hope this helps.

Sa SM Aura level 1 meron on site registration ng Natgeo. Not sure if nay slot pa for 21 and 42km.

Do you get incentives to be part of a running group. for example, yung mga members ba nang pinoyfitness ay may discount sa mga runs na organized nang pepsquad? Or me priority ba sila sa registration sa event?

any upcoming runs to watch for?

it has been weeks since i last ran.. namimiss ko na tumakbo

I'm looking forward to the Brooks Run Happy. First time ko mag join nang trail run. I'll start training for this by the first week of April. Me once a week trail run naman ako so I'll see if I can run the full 24k. Ang mahal lang kasi nang registration.

Newbie runner here. May maisusuggest ba kayong routine for gradual weight loss? Ang hirap kasing bumawas eh.

Kumain ka mga 30 minuto bago mag exercise, wag pagkatapos. May tendency na maparami kain mo pagkatapos mag-exercise.

Nakabawas ako ng mga 15kg sa loob ng isang buwan gamit ang routine na to.

good luck sa mga runners this sunday!!! ^_^

dont forget to share your experience sa runs nyo hehe

finished my sub1 10k event. Nag improve time ko by around 1 minute, as opposed to my runrio 10k time. But 49.59/10k still eludes me. As expected laglagan nang itlog for the whole race. Hehehe mas mahirap pala umiwas sa mga kumpol kumpol na tumatakbo nang 6 minutes per kilometer. Hindi na ako aangal sa mga walkers from now on.

The flyover was not that bad. Hindi naman masyadong matirik. and the BCG route was relatively flat with very minimal inclines. Ang problema ko lang ung mga red lights. Dalawang beses akong napahinto dahil sa red light. Tapos me tumaob ba na Tucson sa Kalayaan flyover (other lane).

My next race will be the brooks run happy. Sulit naman pala ung race kit kasi authentic neon green brooks dry fit ang shirt, plus me fitletic gel plus bib holer. Tapos ung race visor nang runrio gagmitin ko.

I'm looking at the pics at parang wala ata akong picture. Nagpagupit at nag gel pa naman ako! Kasi for the past 2 races sabog buhok ko.

Edited by Confusedcius

finished my sub1 10k event. Nag improve time ko by around 1 minute, as opposed to my runrio 10k time. But 49.59/10k still eludes me. As expected laglagan nang itlog for the whole race. Hehehe mas mahirap pala umiwas sa mga kumpol kumpol na tumatakbo nang 6 minutes per kilometer. Hindi na ako aangal sa mga walkers from now on.

The flyover was not that bad. Hindi naman masyadong matirik. and the BCG route was relatively flat with very minimal inclines. Ang problema ko lang ung mga red lights. Dalawang beses akong napahinto dahil sa red light. Tapos me tumaob ba na Tucson sa Kalayaan flyover (other lane).

My next race will be the brooks run happy. Sulit naman pala ung race kit kasi authentic neon green brooks dry fit ang shirt, plus me fitletic gel plus bib holer. Tapos ung race visor nang runrio gagmitin ko.

I'm looking at the pics at parang wala ata akong picture. Nagpagupit at nag gel pa naman ako! Kasi for the past 2 races sabog buhok ko.

Congrats on your run! Sarap naman!

Congrats on your run! Sarap naman!

Yup, Ang masakit lang eh, in that company 50 to 55 minutes is average. So it pushes me to train harder.

Ang gusto ko pa sa event eh me mga organizers/runners who served as pacers. Meron silang flag that indicates their pace. 6min/km and 5 min/km. So ung mga walang gps watch have a better grasp of the time and speed they should run. Ako naman hindi na ako lumilingon sa HRM ko, basta pinipilit ko na lang na nakikita ko pa rin ung 5min/k pacer, kahit sa malayo.

Finally saw my pic. Lintek ampangit ko talaga pag tumatakbo.

Yup, Ang masakit lang eh, in that company 50 to 55 minutes is average. So it pushes me to train harder.

Ang gusto ko pa sa event eh me mga organizers/runners who served as pacers. Meron silang flag that indicates their pace. 6min/km and 5 min/km. So ung mga walang gps watch have a better grasp of the time and speed they should run. Ako naman hindi na ako lumilingon sa HRM ko, basta pinipilit ko na lang na nakikita ko pa rin ung 5min/k pacer, kahit sa malayo.

Finally saw my pic. Lintek ampangit ko talaga pag tumatakbo.

Results are out! With your time, you're most likely in the top 100 out of 555! Congrats!

Edited by floppydrive

Results are out! With your time, you're most likely in the top 100 out of 555! Congrats!

Thanks po. In my wave, yes. Pero pag isama mo results nung tatlong wave sigurado hindi aabot. ambilis nga nang results at pictures eh. Malaking tulong talaga yung core exercises at yung youtube vidoe nang RIF REV.

Stop muna ako sa speed training. I am already happy with that speed. Endurance, trail at heat training. for the Brooks Run happy naman.

Tapos by July baka first full marathon ko naman. That is assuming maka sub 3 30k ako by June.

Oh, and i still need to practice smiling for photo's.

I know medyo mataas ang goals ko pero That's my motivation to train harder.

Edited by Confusedcius

congrats bro :)

Question po:

I'll be vacationing for nearly 2 months near a beach side resort. Hehehe I've racked up a lot of leave benefits and some vacation points from the boss,

I plan on taking full advantage of that to do some beach training (running and swimming). I've read up on the pros and cons and running techniques. and to watch out for the uneven terrain on my left and right leg. My question is, should I exclusively run on the beach, say 2 to 3 times a week then rest my feet for the remaining days, or should I also add some road training?

Sadly walang running friendly trails near the place. In my mind, minsan lang ako mapadpad sa beach so never mind the road work for now.

Question po:

I'll be vacationing for nearly 2 months near a beach side resort. Hehehe I've racked up a lot of leave benefits and some vacation points from the boss,

I plan on taking full advantage of that to do some beach training (running and swimming). I've read up on the pros and cons and running techniques. and to watch out for the uneven terrain on my left and right leg. My question is, should I exclusively run on the beach, say 2 to 3 times a week then rest my feet for the remaining days, or should I also add some road training?

Sadly walang running friendly trails near the place. In my mind, minsan lang ako mapadpad sa beach so never mind the road work for now.

Sarap naman!

What you'll do will really depend on what your goals are. If you are training for a specific event, say a full marathon, then you'll have to do sprints, tempos and LSDs. If it's just to maintain physical fitness, running 2-3x a week will be ok.

Running on sand barefoot is nice, specially if you want to correct heel strike. Ramdam kasi kung anong bahagi ng talampakan ang unang tumatama sa lupa. No problem to run long distances on sand. Pakiramdaman mo lang kung sumasakit sides ng knees (ITBS) dahil inclined to one side and beach.

Hope this helps!

Edited by floppydrive

Sarap naman!

Running on sand barefoot is nice, specially if you want to correct heel strike.

got to the resort of my friend very early this morning. I slept all the way on the bus and slept another 2 hours in my room. Sakto, pinilit ko mag early morning beach jog, just in time for the low tide. I took my friends advice and used his spare vibram 5 fingers. Mahirap nang matinik or makaapak nang sharp shell or bubog. Barely used naman and same size kami.

I was told to alternate between wet packed sand near the shore, caked but still packed sand due to low tide, and dry sand.

On the road I can already run 25 kilometers LSD, straight at an easy speed of 6:30 per kilometer. But 8 kilometers into my beach run, every bit of my lower leg was hurting. my knees were okay. my lower leg was working hard. But it was my feet that were killing me. My achilles tendon were stiffening. My midfoot was sore. Muscles in between my toes were hurting. My big toe which I used to stabilize myself on loose sand was very sore. Yung buhangin ginagasgas na ung paa ko.

By kilometer 8 wiped out na ako at nanganganib na magka cramps sa joint nang lower leg and my foot. so tigil na for 5 minutes. t** babalik pa ako! So another 8 kilometers pa bubunuin ko. hindi na ako nagswimming pabalik kasi I was pretty wiped out, baka magka-cramps pa ako. Mamaya na lang hapon yun. Sakto sasama ako mangingisda daw kami gamit lambat para me pang lunch.

tottoo nga sabi nila, running in the sand is much harder. I was running at least 1 minute slower per kilometer. Although i really enjoyed running on wet loose sand that buckles under my weight. And sarap at damang ama mo ung full stride nang paa mo. My knees are okay, so far. Based on the pain i feel, this 2 months should add some more bounce on my feet when I strike the ground and push up.

Good day po

First post on this forum

Newbie po

Di pa po ako naka join sa mga registered runs but I do run

sa manila po ako regular sa may ccp star city

From roxas blvd to the rotunda near Sofitel

Regular po is 3-4 rounds max is 5 rounds

Estimated ko po is 1.6 per round base sa speedometer

ng service na gamit namin(FX and vios) same po .8km

From roxas to rotunda that will be 1.6 km one round

5 rounds will be 8km my time is 12.30mins per round

1h 2mins 30sec sa 8km

Anlayo ko po compare sa inyo

And I love reading this forum

Gusto ko po talaga mag join sa mga runs

Maybe this May

Would I go for 3k or 5k?

Thanks

Ngaun po I did run sa beach 4 days na po

Here in boracay we stayed at farther than station 3

I jog from here to farther station 1 malapit sa boracay

Tereces balikan my time is 43mins (I jog barefoot)

sa manila after 3km masakit na knees ko nag pacing

lang ako para matapos ko yung 4-5 round sometimes

lakad nlang, dito run talaga

mas mabilis ba sa beach kesa sa road? Sabi 5km ang

whole white beach although I'm not running the whole

beach compared sa manila run ko mabilis ata ako dito?

I'm staying at casa Camilla and jog till Fridays