New York Knickerbockers

Woodson has definitely preaching defense, unlike "Mr. Seven Seconds or less" Mike D'Antoni.

a-HA ! but d'antoni disciples point out that the suns ( when he was coach ) actually played defense well enough to rank in the middle of the pack among all nba teams. and that the suns led the league in point differential ( pts scored by the suns vs. pts against).

following the argument .. the suns were more that adequate in the regular season winning more then 50 + games. it was during the playoffs ( when teams notched up their defenses and ran more set plays and slowed the place of the game to generate more meaningful possessions) that the suns faltered.

as for the knicks ... their new found focus on defense ( i'll take your word for it ) would certainly do them well.i'd like to dig deeper though. havent seen much knick play on the tube so we'll look at the good old stats care of uncle espy ... :rolleyes:

sir, hindi yan insulto. sariling pananaw ko lang yan. kakatapos lang ng unos na sumalanta sa new york. iniexpect nga ng heat team na ipostpone yung laro.

nagdonate pa nga si wade ng isang game na sweldo nya.

The 1st game was postponed because of a request from the mayor himself, do you know that? there was no such request again submitted, so nba continued with it's schedule, correction: only wade expected a postponement not the entire heat organization, I know wade donated, even our country donated for the relief efforts, like I said if you have nothing good to say keep it to your self

So who's the better team in New York, JJ? laugh.gif So far, it seems that the Manhattan Knicks are the better team.

On a serious note, there is still a long way to go but the Knicks have started the season like a Frankenstorm. The oldest team is, putatively, the best team in the league with a 5-0 record as we speak.

impressive start. so are they better off without amare?...or do you see NY getting stronger with his return?

They look good without Amare but my take is, if Amare is sold on Woodson's system, the Knicks could be a top 3 seed, at least, in the East and could be one of the teams unseating the Heat as Eastern conference champs.

the trio of amare, melo & chandler should be an imposing frontline...add to that, kidd and terry manning the backcourt, you have a solid first 5. novak, smith et al will lead the bench players, then NY should be at the upper half of the standings.

Edited by junix
  • 3 weeks later...