The VANS Appreciation Thread

taking a break from my beloved swoosh collection, can i ask if anyone here are into vans as well?

im a big fan of the era and the slip on. i personally own over 30 pairs of vans. sk8 his. chukkas. eras. authentics and slip-ons. my crown jewels would be my rare vans sk8 hi "hosoi", my vans haglan and my recently purchased vans westin. smile.gif

w/c hosoi? 1 2 or 3? got the 1 n 3, also got mj vans prison issues n mj vans slip ons with alien heads blue/purple n d green colorway, taka hayashi chukkas, fringe sk8 his (which i resold for twice the value), wtaps eras, supreme half cabs

and oh yeah theres already a Vans appreciation thread .... http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=27053

Edited by denimhead

w/c hosoi? 1 2 or 3? got the 1 n 3, also got mj vans prison issues n mj vans slip ons with alien heads blue/purple n d green colorway, taka hayashi chukkas, fringe sk8 his (which i resold for twice the value), wtaps eras, supreme half cabs

and oh yeah theres already a Vans appreciation thread .... http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=27053

sorry am not really familiar with vans, but i have the rising suns. haha. have you seen the wingtip era? goddamn that pair is straight fire! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love Vans, always have since the mid 90s. But I'm annoyed that a lot of people are wearing them slip- ons now. It used to be that only scene kids would wear them, now everyone wears them -- and I ask myself, do they even know the history of what they're wearing?

Anyways, still have a lot of Vans stuff even though I've been getting more and more stuff from other skate brands as well (eS, Lakai, Emerica, ZY, etc). Owned a lot more over the years, but here's what I have at the moment:

Half Cab

Full Cab (20th Anniversary Edition)

Rowley XLT

Rowley XLIII

No Skool (Dustin Dollin Edition)

Old Skool

Authentics

2x Slip- on

Love Vans, always have since the mid 90s. But I'm annoyed that a lot of people are wearing them slip- ons now. It used to be that only scene kids would wear them, now everyone wears them -- and I ask myself, do they even know the history of what they're wearing?

True that! A lot of people at work rocks slip-ons. Sad that most people would blindly wear gear and not know the history. For example they would wear certain brands and not know the lifestyle behind the brand. There was a time when the only people that would cop and rock these shoes were skateboarders, dudes who play in bands and the people who follows both scenes and they were dissed by wearing the kicks by the very same people who wears them nowadays(based sa experience ko lang 'to kasi yung mga tropa ko dati pinagtatawanan nila ako dahil sa checkered slip-on ko, pero ngyon dami nilang slip-ons, yung mga makulay na designs pa).

Anyways, I still love Vans pati nasa nagdadala na yan, mahahalata mo naman e.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...