• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Whether you're into Film or Digital, it boils down to both preference and convenience. The principles of photography nevertheless remains the same. If you do not understand what you're doing even if you're using a DSLR, you won't get great pictures. Ang hirap kasi sa atin, maraming epal na "feeling photographer" coz they have DSLRs strapped around their necks. Ayun it just became another status symbol since these things are rather expensive. Its pathetic really.

This is sad, but true...

I saw a lot of them noong umuwi ako ng Pilipinas.

Kahit din naman dito sa SG marami nyan, including myself to them.

Owning a DSLR is one thing, being a photograper is another.

Kaya nga ang tanong ko sa sarili ko bago ko pindutin ung shutter button,

will I be able to convey the proper message with my pictures?

But this doesn't stop me instead it burns within me as a passion.

So learn from every picture that you shoot.

Learn from the people and things around you.

Cheers.

Mga sirs, ano po ba ang magandang prime lens na marerecommend nyo for a Canon mount? San po makakabili at how much kaya to? What do you prefer Canon, Sigma or Tamron say if you are on a budget?

I'm using Canon 50D.

Thanks in advance.

The best ang Sigma lense.

Mahal nga lang sa Pinas...

• 2 weeks later...

snapback.pngglock19, on 16 February 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

Recently got into photography as a hobby. First time dslr user. Got a 7d and the 17-55 lens. It is awesome. Makes me look like a better photographer than I really am :lol:

Exactly my thoughts, nasa lens ang magandang quality ng pictures...

I can be wrong...

Maganda din naman sir un 17-55 dba.. may 2.8 n opening...

The best ang Sigma lense.

Mahal nga lang sa Pinas...

Sigma overall has a terrible reliability record. And their out of box quality is inconsistent. I looked at a Sigma SD1, thinking th Foveon sensor would be really good. Never got to look at the image quality. When I opened the factory-sealed box, it was full of dust, even on the mirror. Gave it bck to the sales clerk and went on to look at other brands. Ended up buying a Pentax.

Sigma is not the most expensive lens around - in fact, it's rather cheap compared to other brands.

Imho mas maraming issues ang 17-55 f/2.8 ... errr sigma lens is slow on focusing... even 24-70 70-200 di sharp....

Sigma is the cheapest lens around that's true.. pero kung wide lang im going for tamron 11-22 f/2.8 Bakal pa

@glock19 - what made you buy 17-55 F/2.8? (just want to know your thoughts)

@agxo3 - pentax owner what model? Question lang.. what made you buy pentax?

Imho mas maraming issues ang 17-55 f/2.8 ... errr sigma lens is slow on focusing... even 24-70 70-200 di sharp....

Sigma is the cheapest lens around that's true.. pero kung wide lang im going for tamron 11-22 f/2.8 Bakal pa

@glock19 - what made you buy 17-55 F/2.8? (just want to know your thoughts)

@agxo3 - pentax owner what model? Question lang.. what made you buy pentax?

I have a Pentax DS1. Old model digital, have had it for over 5 years now. Still a great camera for how I use it. Mostly manual focus, mostly manual exposure setting. Picked it because I like the way Pentax lenses render images. Great tonality, nicely sharp, nice patina to the B/W images in B/W. I've always liked Pentax for their glass, even though I have way too many cameras.

2 Leicas (M3 and M6 - and Leica lenses are legendary for sharpness and tonality as well, but different from the Pentax lenses), a Hasselblad 500CM (extremely sharp lenses - maybe TOO sharp? - and very high contrast), 2 4x5 cameras (with 4 lenses to go with them, a 90mm, 120mm, 180mm, 300mm), an old Yashica 635 (120 roll film camera with a 35mm adapter. Lens not too sharp but good balance of contrast and tonality), a Nikon FM2n (the 55mm micro-focusing lens is great. Now all I need is the 85mm for a good mid-length prime). And more - 27 all told, at last count, although many of them are collectors items, not for regular use.

But, my daily user right now is a Panasonic G2 that I use my Leica M lenses on. All my film cameras are manual focus, and I rarely use outoffocus (no, that's not a typo!) even on my digitals.

Edited by agxo3

oh i see leica very expensive lenses even the camera also ^_^

Not so expensive if you buy them used as I did. They're built like tanks and as long as you care for them, they will outlast you. The newest of my lenses was built in 1972, and it still outperforms most new lenses I've tried recently.