• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Guest iyukitakahishi

i mean can we perhaps start locally on this forum? :) more of sharing each own perspective on how to take the shot. :)

Try digital photography school. - Lots of tips and articles.

Guest iyukitakahishi

hello! can anyone recommend a good subject to start in photography? I just want to test the water first before i go on a full dive. I have a spare time for this year to try and do some relaxation stuff.

You could start with food photography......

Moron's Guide to Food Photography Rule#1 - Place your food near a place where you can get a good amount of soft natural light.

11034355_10202647107378614_3114287616120

241042_10201994003131416_802991122377298

11026181_10202642023451519_1753236447676

1402296_10201998550525098_64953834901694

Guest iyukitakahishi

You'll notice that some of the photos look sharper than the others.

Some of them were tweaked (edited) but most of them aren't - they'll look better once i edit them.

but you are encouraged to criticize them freely...........i'm still in the process of learning.

Hopefully this year, I will have the minimum hardware (at least) to start getting shooting gigs. But before that, I want to still attend a photography class in PCCI. Been learning and practicing photography for 2 years and hoping this could open up opportunities for me to explore my creativity. So far, it's been gratifying and my family is happy that there is a photographer in the family who always captures our bonding moments.

Guest iyukitakahishi

Yup they were. took these shots with my canon 70D with EFS 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, but for the tacos i used my 50mm f/1.8.

Didnt use tripod because there werent enough space for it and i used a sheet of aluminum foil to reflect light towards certain areas of the food to minimize shadows so that it would look more vibrant and appetizing.

Its an honor Wingedchair and thank you. :)

I can also provide you with the details on how i took these shots (ISO, SHUTTER SPEED, APETURE) if youre interested.

Edited by iyukitakahishi
Guest iyukitakahishi

Sir you may wanna check these sites: 500px and Flikr. They got tons of professional looking photos that you might want to take a look at.

If you think my photos are good...wait till you see theirs.

Sir you may wanna check these sites: 500px and Flikr. They got tons of professional looking photos that you might want to take a look at.

If you think my photos are good...wait till you see theirs.

Yup they were. took these shots with my canon 70D with EFS 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, but for the tacos i used my 50mm f/1.8.

Didnt use tripod because there werent enough space for it and i used a sheet of aluminum foil to reflect light towards certain areas of the food to minimize shadows so that it would look more vibrant and appetizing.

Its an honor Wingedchair and thank you. :)

I can also provide you with the details on how i took these shots (ISO, SHUTTER SPEED, APETURE) if youre interested.

Wow thank yes please do share your EXIF. :) I would like to know how was the light during the shoot? was it too bright and harsh or soft cloudy? :)

Thank you for sharing the sites indeed i am blown away by their works!

When it comes to photography kanya kanyang style lang naman talaga yan. Dami ko kakilala who would tell me the exact same thing: that a photo should tell a story. Tapos ang galing pa mandikta ng approach pero sila mismo pag tiningnan mo mga tira nila halatang hindi man lang marunong gumamit ng focal points or even fails to utilize the basic fundamentals of the craft. Nakaka-irita pero sad to say andaming nagkalat na feeling photog, karamihan ng nakilala ko kung hindi nanggagaya nakikiuso lang talaga.

Eto naman suggestion ko, before putting your works online kahit pa sa FB lang yan or sa mga photo sites, always make it a point to put your watermark on it. Uso nakawan ng kuha at concept.

Edited by glut_func

Sigma 50~150 f2.8 vs Sigma 70~200mm F2.8

ano po ang pros and cons?

Ito po ang informations kung saan ko gagamitin

1. Portrait photography, beach photo (pang facebook profile photo ; yes i know na hindi ideal dalhin sa vacation ang mahabang lens, may 35mm naman ako na gamit)

2. Zoom lens for "ang anak ko ay nasa stage" moment

3. Company events photography and wedding (different lights, cannot get close to subject, easy to handle so magaan)

4. Matibay at hindi bine-"Baby"

wala akong budget pang Nikon lens.