• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Gusto ko lang po sana I ask ang opinion ng mga experienced the DLSR users

I have the rebel xti with Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and speedlite 430 and gusto ko mag upgrade since almost 6 yrs old na yung camera ko. What would be a better upgrade path? 7D ( so i can use my Tamron) or 5D?

I only use it for my vacations, camping, etc (konting landscape) and gathering w/ friends/family, usually at nightime and sa loob ng house kaya nagdecide ako bumuli ng flash. I saved enough para sa 5D pero

ang worry ko is baka pagbili ko ng 5D mark II after a month lumabas na ang 5D mark III.

TY in advance sa opinions

Edited by Jacknife

i have a d3000 its a dx cam...nikons entry level dslr, i wnat a fast lens coz im having trouble taking photos in not well lit locations like church, im not a pro photographer i didnt study photography either. i shoot and learn via youtube and kenrockwell and other websites. tnx for the advise and tips.

sir, if you don't mind,

baka speedlght or tripod talaga ang kailangan mo

i have a d3000 its a dx cam...nikons entry level dslr, i wnat a fast lens coz im having trouble taking photos in not well lit locations like church, im not a pro photographer i didnt study photography either. i shoot and learn via youtube and kenrockwell and other websites. tnx for the advise and tips.

Faster in a sense of focusing speed? Or maybe what you're referring to is the blur while shooting in a not well lit place. If that's the case, what you need to have is prime lens. A 50mm F1.8 would be a good investment on a learning photography hobbyist like me and you. I for myself have a 50mm F1.8 and I must say that it works well on low light situations.

If you're using the standard kit lens w/c aperture's smallest is 3.5mm, then you would definitely need a speedlight to compensate the scarcity of ambient light and also to lessen the blur that you'll be having.

Well, those are my thoughts with regards to your problem. I'm not a pro in this field and I still have lots to learn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the 5d mark ii is a bit old now and i really wouldn't consider it an upgrade.

you should probably spend your hard earned cash on a better lens, a lens that you can keep for a few years regardless of whether you have a crop or full frame.

like a fast 50mm f/1.4 :)

Sir is this advice still applicable if my unit is a D90? I mean its better to buy a good lens than a new body? If so, what lens would your recommend. I only have the kit lens 18 - 105mm.

• 1 month later...
1320464576[/url]' post='8033348']

The fastest lenses available for you are the prime lenses at 1.8 aperture. Merong 50mm and 35mm. Your onky problem for these is the lack of zoom. You have to move un closer or farther. If you hVe the budget, try the zoom 2.8's. (17-55 2.8 for dx format)

1325822841[/url]' post='8082837']

Sir is this advice still applicable if my unit is a D90? I mean its better to buy a good lens than a new body? If so, what lens would your recommend. I only have the kit lens 18 - 105mm.

I'll only be using the camera as a hobby, stick with the dx formats. It'll be a waste upgrading to the full frame cameras if it will be used for personal use only. Stick with a dx camera and buy better lenses which can serve as a good investment.

yes. the d90 has a built in focus motor which is really handy as you can use the screw drive type lenses.

the newer d5100 for example does not, which means the older "D" lenses cannot autofocus.

i'm still quite new to photography and i quickly realized that the latest and greatest camera body does not make me a better photographer.

depending on the majority of shots you do, you can decide from there which lenses will suit you the most.

most importantly, what is your budget? if it's quite limited, then i'd look for the second hand lenses that are in good condition and save yourself a few bucks.

tamron and sigma have released some rare gems that are a fraction of the price of the Nikkor.

for example, I couldn't afford a Nikon 17-35mm so I use the Tamron 17-35mm which is brilliant and more than enough for my needs. the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II is around $2500, instead I use the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS HSM which I bought for less than half the price of the Nikon counterpart. The Nikon 24-70mm is over $1500, the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 which I have is about a third of the price. I also have the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D & 85mm f/1.8D - for macro, i have the Tamron 60mm f/2.

hope that helps.

:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes. the d90 has a built in focus motor which is really handy as you can use the screw drive type lenses.

the newer d5100 for example does not, which means the older "D" lenses cannot autofocus.

i'm still quite new to photography and i quickly realized that the latest and greatest camera body does not make me a better photographer.

depending on the majority of shots you do, you can decide from there which lenses will suit you the most.

most importantly, what is your budget? if it's quite limited, then i'd look for the second hand lenses that are in good condition and save yourself a few bucks.

tamron and sigma have released some rare gems that are a fraction of the price of the Nikkor.

for example, I couldn't afford a Nikon 17-35mm so I use the Tamron 17-35mm which is brilliant and more than enough for my needs. the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II is around $2500, instead I use the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS HSM which I bought for less than half the price of the Nikon counterpart. The Nikon 24-70mm is over $1500, the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 which I have is about a third of the price. I also have the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D & 85mm f/1.8D - for macro, i have the Tamron 60mm f/2.

hope that helps.

:)

Sabi nga nila.. Its not the pana its the indian..

Me I'm using d5000 gamit ko Tammy 28-75 2.8 with BIM..

Edited by yar