Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

It's always good to start with the basics. Any help/info/tips would be greatly appreciated. EXIF data of your shots would do wonders for a noob like me. :) Thanks in advance.

I only started shooting landscapes this year when I travelled to New Zealand, before that I shot mainly portraits.

I read online articles, watched youtube videos and subscribed to a couple of magazines but there's nothing that compares to out in the field experience.

I shoot with a Nikon D700, a Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4 and Cokin P Filter system.

So here are the basics that I quickly learned from trial and error :)

1. Shoot in aperture priority.

2. Shoot f/11 - f/11 to get the maximum depth of field.

3. Try to learn what Hyperfocal Distance is.

4. Shoot in RAW.

5. Use a sturdy tripod

6. Composition

7. Use ND & ND Grad filters to add drama to your shots.

8. Find the widest lens that your budget can afford and find the sweet spot within its focal range.

9. Use a shutter release cable

10.Practice (most obvious one of all)

I guess those are my top ten tips to get someone started in landscape photography, there are a few more important tips that I may have missed but I'm sure others can add to this list.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shoot at random things in your lounge room while watching tv. :lol:

you don't have to go outside to use your dslr.

I shoot whatever is on my coffee table, usually under low light.

This is correct, a good practice for still life photography.

O kaya watch these from youtube: Digitalrev TV's series on professional photography and cheap camera.

Puede ding lumabas ka sa kalye ninyo tapos kunan mo yung mga dumadaan - street photography.

Edited by EFF-EXS
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... is there another shoot being scheduled like this one?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/pinoydaysleeper/MadGlass/1.jpg

To all photography enthusiasts, either a newbie testing your hands on Model photography or an amateur wanting to beef up that resume, join us and get a chance to win a DATE with the VIXEN

Mad Glass Studios

presents

Vixens in Lingerie

two set-ups: bedroom(lingerie) & poolside(bikini)

When: June 30, 2012; 12pm- 5pm

Where: Gilmore Heights Condominium Clubhouse, Gilmore Ave, Brgy Valencia, New Manila, Quezon City

Registration Fee: 2,000

Deposit reservation fee of 300 to our BDO savings account and pay the remaining 1,700 on the event. Please bring deposit slip as proof of payment.

We will run a contest for the participants and winners will get a DINNER DATE with the VIXEN or a Fancier Camera/Laptop bag; spa certificates and Starbucks GCs; Food will be provided by Zuuzrap.

Salute to our sponsors Zuuzrap, BuenFilms, Cocomo, Brazilian Wax & Spa and Salsa Verde

*for inquiries: 09175270076, 09157741872

• 1 month later...

Guys, ask ko lang..saan ba nakakabili ng professional portfolio book/album? Yung mga bitbit ng mga models at fotogs whenever pupunta sila sa mga casting calls ng mga modeling agency? Eto yung leather yung deont and back cover, and can accomodate up to 11 x 14 size pics and tear sheets? Hirap maghanap, pagod nako.. Maybe you guys can give me a store and its address, saka quoted price na rin (alam ko mahal ito, mga 3k plus ata?).. T.y.

no offense to photographers here . pero ang dami talaga mga manyak photographer sa mga carshow .nakaka inis pa yun iba dun nagmamagaling pa. nakaka awa lang sila.. mga lonely fat losers :rolleyes:

what about the guys with their mobile phone cameras? are they less of a "fat losers" because they don't tag themselves as a photographer?

perhaps think of it as - it's not because they fancy themselves as photographers, it is simply because they are MALE. that's it really. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

what about the guys with their mobile phone cameras? are they less of a "fat losers" because they don't tag themselves as a photographer?

perhaps think of it as - it's not because they fancy themselves as photographers, it is simply because they are MALE. that's it really. :lol:

exactly :)

mga sir, i own a nikon d3100 presently with just the 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens, which comes with the camera. gusto ko sana bumili ng lens na pwede all-in-one zoom for travel and landscape. yung mura lang sana. hope you guys can help. tia

Magkano budget mo? kung bago ka pa lang mas maganda mag experiment ka muna sa kit lens kasi ok naman sya for landscape.

kung gusto mo mas wide and telephoto ng konti

Nikon Lens AF-S DX 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR. brand new na grey siguro mga 24k

kung gusto mo ng walk around zoom lens

Nikon Lens AF-S DX 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II. mga 26k siguro yung grey nyan

try reading reviews kasi may mga compromise yan sa image quality.

try mo maghanap sa net ng second hand kung medyo bitin sa budget. ingat lang sa scam.

• Like (+1) 1