Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Hello Guys,

Pauwi ako ng pinas ngayong oktubre, gusto ko sanang magtingin kung saan ok bumili jan ng camera equipment/accessories. Sabi ng sis ko marami daw mabibilhan ng 2nd hand stuff na mura, pero di ko natanong kung saan. Baka alam nyo, paturo naman.

Tenks! :thumbsupsmiley:

try hidalgo st. in quiapo ...madami dun new and second hand stuff...everything youll need in photography

I'm planning of buying a D60 this month for a start. Do you guys think that a 10MP is enough? Have no plans of making this a hobby. I just want to take pictures of my kids and weekend activities with them at the same time have decent pics to treasure. I read somewhere that a D60 has 3 frames/sec. And I thought that I won't be needing higher models than D60 for now (considering my budget too). How much is a 200m telephoto lens costs these days? Can someone post links or pics taken with a D60?

Thanks in advance.

Bro, try to check "shutterbugs" group thread under hobbies, have some photo post there with my Nikon D60..... :rolleyes:

I've bought with dual lens kit 18-55 and 55-200..... :rolleyes:

Bro, try to check "shutterbugs" group thread under hobbies, have some photo post there with my Nikon D60..... :rolleyes:

I've bought with dual lens kit 18-55 and 55-200..... :rolleyes:

Thanks so much! i've been surfing the net for a dual lens kit within my budget and im planning of getting a 55-200 too since its alot cheaper than 18-200. i just wonder whats the big difference between 18-200 and 55-200? alot of readers say that they prefer a d40 than a d60? why is it so, i hardly find any difference between the two except for the built in dust cleaner. I'm down to choosing my system and that's between a d40 and d60. I hope to get some insights from our fellow readers.

Thanks so much! i've been surfing the net for a dual lens kit within my budget and im planning of getting a 55-200 too since its alot cheaper than 18-200. i just wonder whats the big difference between 18-200 and 55-200? alot of readers say that they prefer a d40 than a d60? why is it so, i hardly find any difference between the two except for the built in dust cleaner. I'm down to choosing my system and that's between a d40 and d60. I hope to get some insights from our fellow readers.

Bro yun lang yata dust cleaner ang difference nila between D40X and D60, yun D40 mababa yata ang pixel nya vs D60..... :rolleyes:

You can check nikon.sg site para ma check mo ang price difference para meron ka nag reference in terms sa price...... :rolleyes:

Bro yun lang yata dust cleaner ang difference nila between D40X and D60, yun D40 mababa yata ang pixel nya vs D60..... :rolleyes:

You can check nikon.sg site para ma check mo ang price difference para meron ka nag reference in terms sa price...... :rolleyes:

I checked kenrockwell's site today and he was able to convince me to go for the D40 over a D60. According to him, D40 will make a good print of 20x30". It's more than sufficient for me since I'm just planning to use it with my family and I have a tight budget. My sole purpose for now in buy a DSLR is to capture the growing moments of my "twin". :heart:

But, thanks to all the inputs and answers to my inquiries. It really helped me alot in deciding which model to choose.

E-poc

I checked kenrockwell's site today and he was able to convince me to go for the D40 over a D60. According to him, D40 will make a good print of 20x30". It's more than sufficient for me since I'm just planning to use it with my family and I have a tight budget. My sole purpose for now in buy a DSLR is to capture the growing moments of my "twin". :heart:

But, thanks to all the inputs and answers to my inquiries. It really helped me alot in deciding which model to choose.

E-poc

current D60 have 18-55 zoom lens kit that is already VR (vibration reduction) & the price range is about P25-26t in hidalgo

the only edge of D60 over D40X is EXPEED image processing & dust reduction

D40 is 6MP, smaller to 10MP of D60 & D40X

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/DSC_0675.jpg

paradise

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/DSC_0680.jpg

my dirty little foot

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/DSC_0674.jpg

bamboo gate

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/DSC_0848.jpg

lesbos by the beach

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/DSC_1182-1.jpg

bayaneeehan

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/DSC_1168.jpg

here, fishee fishee! (experimenting with my 50mm)

all shot using my Nikon D40

current D60 have 18-55 zoom lens kit that is already VR (vibration reduction) & the price range is about P25-26t in hidalgo

the only edge of D60 over D40X is EXPEED image processing & dust reduction

D40 is 6MP, smaller to 10MP of D60 & D40X

bro... im also using my d60 as a back up cam to my d300... i cant say anything negative against the d60 bec it has served me well before i upgraded... 10mp is far than enough... u can even have a tarpoline printed w/ the use of ur d60 pix and it will stlll deliver you great results

im planning to do a nude photoshoot w/ my photographer friends, do you know any female model that is willing to do a nude modelling for us... un mejo cheap lang... the last time ive asked is 10k daw... do u know who could give us a much cheaper deal.... un maayos ha... makinis and maganda ang complexion.... sa studio sa bicutan lang naman ang shoot e....dont worry.. we are purely professional....pls PM me for details.. thanks

bro... im also using my d60 as a back up cam to my d300... i cant say anything negative against the d60 bec it has served me well before i upgraded... 10mp is far than enough... u can even have a tarpoline printed w/ the use of ur d60 pix and it will stlll deliver you great results

thats TRUE but the person want to get a camera to take pictures of his twins so D40 will do

hence the comparison

whew..fixing a deal with a seller... planning to get his d80 body, 10k actuations, just including the body,battery and charger..no manuals or boxes for 22k...hmm i hope im having a good deal here...hope the master could enlighten me a bit if this will be a good buy..ill be testing the cam tom requesting the seller to bring a glass since i just have the body pa lng...anything i have to check specifically sirs? tia! :)

Photojournalists and Photo Enthusiasts invited to join Photo Contest on Climate Change

The Delegation of the European Commission to the Philippines, together with the Philippine Center for Photojournalism, Inc, enjoins all photojournalists and photo enthusiasts to submit entries for a photo contest on the theme of "Climate Change".

Ambassador Alistair MacDonald, Head of Delegation of the European Commission to the Philippines said that the photo contest is being launched in line with the European Union's commitment to address the global challenge of climate change.

The European Union has long been in the lead in international efforts to cope with climate change and global warming. Ambassador MacDonald said that this photo contest aims to help draw public attention to the challenge of climate change, and to the need for global and local action to address this issue, and to protect the futures of generations to come.

Mr. Jimmy Domingo, Project Manager, The Philippine Center for Photojournalism, Inc. said that the Center is pleased to collaborate with the Delegation of the European Commission to the Philippines as the contest is a good opportunity to harness the talents and skills of photojournalists and enthusiasts, to professionalise the industry and, at the same time, to encourage photojournalists and enthusiasts to use the power of the images to combat climate change.

An exhibition of the winning and outstanding photographs is foreseen to be held in universities and malls such as The Podium and The Block. The contest is being supported by JT Photoworld and Kodak/Tech Trends Corporation.

An online version of the exhibition will also be uploaded to the websites of the sponsoring organizations.

The competition is open to all Filipino (a citizenship verification system should be made or should be in the entry form) photojournalists and photography enthusiasts except for staff of the Delegation of the European Commission to the Philippines.

Photographs, published or unpublished, taken in the Philippines from June 2007 to November 2008 covering the theme "Climate Change in the Philippines" (causes, consequences and responses to Climate Change) are eligible as entries.

A maximum of ten (10) standalone single photos may be submitted by a participant. In addition, participants may submit up a maximum of five (5) photo stories comprising 5-12 images per photo story. All images in the photo stories will also be considered as standalone photo entries. Entries should be taken with any camera using at least 135 mm film and/or digital camera with at least four (4) megapixel in size and set at the largest image capture mode.

Entries taken with a film camera must be digitized and all entries must be saved in a compact disk recordable (CDR) for submission.

The Board of Judges will be composed of respected photojournalists/artists as well as officials from the Delegation of the European Commission to the Philippines, Philippine Center for Photojournalism, Inc. and partners.

General criteria for judging the single photos will be: Relevance to the topic and theme – 50%; Technical excellence – 25%; and, Visual perception and creativity – 25%. The photo stories will be evaluated on their strength in terms of the flow and cohesiveness of the included single images arranged as a visual narrative.

All entries must be submitted on or before 12 noon on 6 November, or postmarked not later than 3 November 2008, to either of the following:

EC-PCP Climate Change Photojournalism Contest 2008

The Delegation of the European Commission to the Philippines

30/F Tower II, RCBC Plaza

6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City

Phone: 8595100

EC-PCP Climate Change Photojournalism Contest 2008

The Philippine Center for Photojournalism

c/o European Press Photo Agency

Unit 2-D, Michel Apartment

Mabini Street, Malate 2030 Manila.

Awarding of prizes will coincide with the opening of the exhibit of winning and outstanding entries in the early part of November 2008, at a date and place to be announced.

All winners will each receive a trophy plus in-kind prizes as follows:

First Prize (Singles); € 1,000

Second Prize (Singles): € 800

Third Prize (Singles): € 600

10 Honorable Mentions: Certificates

Special Prize (Photo Story): € 800

Five Honorable Mentions (Photo Story) Certificates

Special Prize for a Photo on EC response to Climate Change: € 800

Further info: http://www.delphl.ec.europa.eu or http://philippinecenter4photojournalism.org/

Voightlander Bessa R4m rangefinder with 25 mm, f2.8 Color Skopar

Leica M6 rangefinder with 21mm f2.8 Summicron

Fujicolor Pro 400H Color negative film

Kodak BW 400CN chromogenic film

Scanned on Nikon Coolscan 5000

No auto focus, no tripod, no auto exposure, no image stabilization, no liveview, no flash, no zoom lens, no trial and error, absolutely no Photoshop retouch aside from image resize and save as jpeg. (no contrast correction, no levels correction, no brigthness correction)

post-188-1226034245.jpgpost-188-1226034255.jpgpost-188-1226034270.jpgpost-188-1226034284.jpgpost-188-1226034304.jpgpost-188-1226034323.jpg

Edited by boomouse
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Bugs... if anybody's interested... I'm selling my Tokina 12-24mm f4 (Nikon Mount) for only 20K

Item is in pristine condition.

No focusing problems and fungi free.

No Warranty.

I still have the box if you want it.

I replaced the rear cap with a Nikon rear cap.

Price is negotiable.

PM na lang if interested

post-83788-1226934951.jpg

post-83788-1226934939.jpg

For the lens review you may visit:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/digital-wi.../comparison.htm

Voightlander Bessa R4m rangefinder with 25 mm, f2.8 Color Skopar

Leica M6 rangefinder with 21mm f2.8 Summicron

Fujicolor Pro 400H Color negative film

Kodak BW 400CN chromogenic film

Scanned on Nikon Coolscan 5000

No auto focus, no tripod, no auto exposure, no image stabilization, no liveview, no flash, no zoom lens, no trial and error, absolutely no Photoshop retouch aside from image resize and save as jpeg. (no contrast correction, no levels correction, no brigthness correction)

attachment=268497:color_sk.

._25mm_f4.jpg]

If that would be the case..

this is great!