i don't know if i'm computing it right but

BDO Money Market Fund interest rate is steadily decreasing since Feb 12, 2007

Its 3.1498% today and 3.238% last February 12.

I been monitoring it and an ave of .01% decrease daily

You mean you compute the ROI daily based on the NAVPU and annualize it? That's the closest I can think of based on your figures. A fixed income fund should be doing about 4 to 5% p.a. by now. In any case, that period only covers nine banking days, not really a cause for panic.

You mean you compute the ROI daily based on the NAVPU and annualize it? That's the closest I can think of based on your figures. A fixed income fund should be doing about 4 to 5% p.a. by now. In any case, that period only covers nine banking days, not really a cause for panic.

Navpus have been trending down for both peso & dollar uitfs. Try switching to equity based uitfs!

Navpus have been trending down for both peso & dollar uitfs. Try switching to equity based uitfs!

equity and balanced funds are continuing to rise as the stock market remains bullish.

Is it a good idea to switch as the stock market might remain bullish till the election?

yes sir :)

Shanghai recovered already. Guess I will just ride it out since naka lock in pa ako. Besides no alternative investment vehicles since all are returning low rates! Hope we recover pretty soon! But as the analysts say where would you put your money if not back in the market since interest rates are too low!

Shanghai recovered already. Guess I will just ride it out since naka lock in pa ako. Besides no alternative investment vehicles since all are returning low rates! Hope we recover pretty soon! But as the analysts say where would you put your money if not back in the market since interest rates are too low!

Stick to the blue chips.

I think we have to be smart about this. That Shanghai drop is just because of individual PLAYERS who got scared about a bit of news and did not consider fundamentals. I think the US markets overreacted.

If I had money, I'd actually buy in tomorrow or Friday.

It's ok to stay in equity and balanced funds right now since the managers are keeping stuff in blue chips (or at least I hope they are).

The Shanghai fiasco is affecting everything, equity, balanced, fixed income and even dollar UITFs. We will see maybe at the most a correction but for fixed income funds, it will recover fairly soon and as for local equities, company fundamentals and the economy is still good so my view is to just stay in. If you have the stomach for it, buy more equities when they dip down. Keep it till the end of the year.

UITF equities are starting to recover. tama ba? ang bilis naman makabawi. :-) BPI's equity fund jumped 3 pesos, i think, from yesterday. not bad. hope this would continue.

I was hoping it would correct and consolidate for a few days, it would have been a good opportunity to jump in while prices were low.

The Shanghai fiasco is affecting everything, equity, balanced, fixed income and even dollar UITFs. We will see maybe at the most a correction but for fixed income funds, it will recover fairly soon and as for local equities, company fundamentals and the economy is still good so my view is to just stay in. If you have the stomach for it, buy more equities when they dip down. Keep it till the end of the year.

It even affected the peso exchange!!! Nice advice Dr. Pepper! Fundamentals are still good!! Don't know why the Shanghai fiasco happened though except maybe they over reacted to the governments threat of clamping down on speculation!! But we can't stop China from continuing to grow specially with the olympics in beijing next year! The PSEI recovered but dipped down again today. Oh well, since everything is down anyway, I'll just keep it in. No alternative choice as of now!