• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Na apply ko na Doc yung decals sa model and thanks sa idea sa unused decals ^_^

Kung nakadikit na sa model yung decal, best way to preserve it is to put a coat of future floor polish or clear coat paint. Wipe and Shine is a local alternative to future floor polish, yung clear wipe and shine, ha hindi yung pula. hehehe

Edited by floppydrive
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I second emotion!

For canopies, windshields and other clear parts, it's either this or Elmer's Glue.

For sealing cracks and large part seam gaps, I sue super glue.

i agree on elmers glue, had a hobby master harrier where a small part chipped off the first time i put the model out of the box six months ago. i had no available plastic cement then so i used it & to my surprise it did just fine as an adhesive :)

chanced upon the latest russian 5th gen jet fighter at JMN, will try to give it a justifiable paint job with just a brush

Edited by dos8dos
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was thinking of going back to this hobby... can anyone suggest where to buy ? dati kase sa goldcrest sa makati ako bumibili

There's a scale modeling shop at the ground floor of the carpark near where Goldcrest was. Mukhang sila yung dating nasa Goldcrest. They have a decent selection. They even had a MiG-31 kit when I was there. Another place is Lil's at basement level, Bldg. A of Megamall.

• 3 weeks later...

i was thinking of going back to this hobby... can anyone suggest where to buy ? dati kase sa goldcrest sa makati ako bumibili

The store in GoldCrest in the 1980's was Nova Fontana.

Several stores for scale modelers are:

JMN at the 2nd floor of Harrison Plaza

Toys and Hobbies at Makati Cinema Square

Another Toys & Hobbies branch (partnered with JMN) at the 4th floor of Market Market

Lil's at Park Square 1

Lil's at the basement of Megamall

Special Toys at Sta Cruz (Main branch), Ali Mall, Festival Mall, V-Mall (not sure if I've mentioned all their branches. Kindly visit their site http://www.specialtoycenter.com/ )

If you're into scifi kits, you can also find great kits at Great Toys - check their website for branches: http://www.greattoysonline.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Edited by floppydrive