Manual Or Automatic?

With all these said; I drive manuals, automatics, and now a CVT, and they all feel like "things" to me that should be replaced given 3 years, min, and/or 5 years max---- what does that make of me then? :lol:

There are quite a number of possibilities of what that makes you :-); however, it is my opinion that a car enthusiast would enjoy the sensation of driving, more amplified in the case of a road with enjoyable scenery, and with a manual. If a car is a thing that should be replaced every three years or so for you, it might mean that you have a surplus of cash most people do not have, you might enjoy the "new car" feel, or it might simply mean that you dislike the maintenance that is required in an older car, if what you replace them with are always new cars.

I know a lot of people who buys incremental upgrades; E.G. in year 2010, he will buy a year 2000 honda civic, in year 2013, a 2005 Toyota Altis, and so on. I also know people who, despite what most people would call "undeniably rich", would only drive a Mitsubishi Lancer. a personal friend of mine never sells the cars they had owned, despite having a garage full of them (20+ cars, most of which are exotic). That said, I am confident to say that we are all entitled to our opinion; I may disagree with you, but I know and acknowledge people who differs with my opinion. A person having an opinion different from what I believe does not make that person less of a person.

For me, a car enthusiast is a person who enjoys driving, in its purest essence. Old car, new car, sports car, van, truck, manual, automatic, FWD, RWD, AWD, 4WD, etc., it doesn't matter. As long as a person enjoys driving, he is an enthusiast in my opinion. I have my own preferences, and one of those is a manual transmission, since it amplifies my perception. Your preference, I assume, is a new car, regardless of transmission (or depending on what you are using it for), then so be it. In the end, the happiness, memories, sentimental value that makes an automobile feel more than a simple "thing", a car is, in the most final an ultimate conclusion, still a thing.

Summarizing the above, I like manuals, you like new cars. I like driving good roads, you might be the same. If my assumption is correct, then we both are car enthusiast in my book. Nitty-gritty details are inconsequential.

• Like (+1) 1

With all these said; I drive manuals, automatics, and now a CVT, and they all feel like "things" to me that should be replaced given 3 years, min, and/or 5 years max---- what does that make of me then? :lol:

Practical? Lol!

Grabe guys, ang dami nyo pang sinasabi eh. Yun isa naman smiley lang pinost. Haha!

• 2 weeks later...