• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Nissan Owners Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Relatively new to nissan. I bought a teama back in 2012 . Angst ang interiormamd

Cabin niya compared sa camry and Accord. Iba ang quality ng leather. Then i used to drive

My carrera 4s which i bought way back 2009

. Then one summer say ng 2013 , inupakan ako ng gtr. Sold my carrera 4s and bought a gtr. Very happy with it although the car lacks refinement

• 3 weeks later...

It turned out that the fuel pump of the ga13ds is malfunctioning. The mechanic said that the "diaphragm" is leaking fuel, causing the fuel to mix with the engine oil. This "thins" the oil causing the valve train noise. The mechanic said I should order a geniune or oem fuel pump (mechanical type). Any ideas where I could get one?

• 2 months later...

I love our old nissan sentra B13 1993 JX super sulit we had it for 19 years nabili namin second hand. But the car really serves it purpose well. Di siya sakit ng ulo. I miss our first family car. Broke my heart when my mom sold it. Nag aaral pa brother ko mag drive noon. Ng may pumunta sa house namin to test drive the car. Matapos ma test drive binili na at inuwi the same day...

The Nissan Tsuru is quite possibly the most important car you’ve never heard of. It began life as the 1991 B13 Nissan Sentra, but would become a major player in many parts of the world, as well as the flagship for a whole era of the automotive industry in Latin America. It’s also one of those odd cases of a car which competed with itself, with Tsuru-badged B13 cars being sold right alongside Sentra-badged B14 (and beyond) cars in the same dealerships for years in Mexico.

The Nissan Sentra is in actuality the Nissan Sunny. The name Sentra is used in the US as well as Brazil, Chile and a number of other countries in the Americas. In Mexico it was known as the Tsuru, the Japanese word for crane, for the first three generations. But when Nissan de Mexico wanted to keep selling the B13 car as it was when it was first introduced in 1991, newer Sunny models adopted the name Sentra, while the old platform kept the Tsuru name. Mexico is actually ranked number eight by volume for car-producing countries, making it an essential market for automakers like Nissan.

But unlike Brazil, the other big name in Latin American automotive production (and number seven worldwide), Mexico gets very few cars made specifically for its market. So when it was decided to continue the B13 Tsuru, but with some Mexico-specific tweaks, the car started seriously picking up in popularity. The Tsuru would become the most popular car in Mexico starting in 1997 and this would continue all the way up until 2011, when it was dethroned by the Volkswagen Jetta. The popularity of the car is easy to understand; it’s cheap because it’s basic, and not because corners were cut.

http://db.carbuzz.com/images2/240000/9000/200/249276.jpg

Nissan PH marks its second anniversary with 50 percent growth in sales

LED BY its president and managing director Antonio Zara, Nissan Philippines Inc. (NPI) marked its second anniversary recently with a raft of significant milestones, including a 50 percent growth in sales in the first eight months of 2015 compared to the same period last year.

What’s more, NPI unveiled during its anniversary celebration the 2016 Juke, the much-anticipated funky subcompact SUV that will add youthful pizzazz to the NPI lineup starting next January.

In his welcome remarks, Zara said NPI is celebrating its second anniversary of delivering on the Nissan brand’s promise of “Innovation that excites” by offering a wide variety of vehicles and innovative services that will make every day driving experiences more rewarding for everyone.

Auto industry observers may recall that NPI took over the marketing and sales operations of the Nissan brand in December 2013 from Nissan Motor Philippines Inc. and Universal Motors Corp., both of which became its partners in the assembly of Nissan vehicles for the Philippine market.

Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (NML) of Japan now owns 51 percent of NPI, the consolidated national sales company.

“In its first two years of operations, NPI has brought back the excitement in driving through a series of new product launches, which brings the refreshed versions of almost each vehicle to the local market,” Zara said at the anniversary celebration.

At present, the NPI lineup consists of the Sylphy (replacing the Sentra), the Altima, the Almera, the X-Trail, NP300 Navara, NV350 Urvan, and the Patrol Royale (now priced at P3.99 million), with the Juke waiting in the wings.

The Altima is made in the United States, the Sylphy and Navara come from Thailand, while the Juke, X-Trail, NV350 Urvan and Patrol Royale are manufactured in Japan. The Almera and Patrol Super Safari are assembled in the Philippines.

Another innovation that NPI will offer to its customers starting Nov. 3, 2015, is the Nissan Parts online store portal, the first in the local auto industry.

Nissan customers nationwide can purchase parts, accessories and merchandise at affordable prices from the comfort of their own homes by accessing www.nissanparts.ph, and then enjoy the convenience of free shipping. In Metro Manila, NPI guarantees delivery within 24 hours.

Also this year, NPI gave young gamers the chance to realize their dream of becoming a race car driver by launching the Nissan PlayStation GT Academy, the first international driver discovery and training program to be brought to the Philippines.

Thousands of young gamers nationwide were challenged to prove their racing prowess both online and on the race track.

The six fastest and most qualified were sent to the famous Silverstone race camp in England last August to compete with contenders from India, Japan, Malaysia and Indonesia for the first Nissan GT Academy Asia championship, which the Philippines’ Joward Policarpio won.

Flair and passion

“The Nissan GT Academy heralded the democratization of motor sport in the country,” Zara said, adding that the program is another Nissan innovation.

“From its very beginnings, Nissan has displayed a flair for innovation and a willingness to strike out into territories unknown. This passion is what led the company to become a major player on the world automotive stage.”

Zara wants Nissan’s passion for innovation to be felt by NPI customers. “We want them to rediscover that excitement they once felt when they heard the word ‘Nissan.’ Through all our efforts, we hope that we can encourage the Philippine market to rediscover Nissan.”

He acknowledged that NPI still has a long way to go to bring back Nissan’s glory days of the 1980s and 1990s when the brand became a household name in the local automotive scene, ingraining itself in the Filipino psyche through iconic vehicles like the Sentra, California, Frontier and Terrano.

With the goal of revitalizing the Nissan brand, NPI launched at its second anniversary celebration the “Rediscover Excitement, Rediscover Nissan” campaign.

“It isn’t just a milestone,” Zara said. “It is Nissan’s way of showcasing to the public that it is truly back, and is here to stay.”