What Is The Best Filipino Dish For You?

first off the question which dishes are purely filipino should be answered. a lot of the food ive seen mentioned here are not exactly filipino dishes. they are usually chinese or spanish inspired and sometimes fusion.

i'm not sure either what are pure filipino foods anymore but these are some of my fave

bagoong with green mango

dried fish

grilled tuna panga

boneless bangus

tinolang lapu-lapu

and oh not to forget

BBQ

Edited by jlx
too many, can't limit to one:

1. humba

2. adobo (ni lola)

3. paksiw na pata

4. chicken pork asado

5. ibaan longganisa

6. bbq (cherry's)

7. lydia's lechon

8. kaldereta

just like i mentioned. dish like humba and lechon are not really filipino dishes. they are chinese. and kaldereta is spanish just like paella and other such dishes.

anyone out there have a list of the purely filipino dishes? it would be nice if we have a list.

i dunno with u but ive noticed that most of the things filipinos call their own are not exactly theirs but is actually a part of some other culture that filipinos adapted as theirs. in a way that is good because it shows resilience and adaptability. still it would be nice to preserve something uniquely ours.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that even kare-kare came from kaikaari of the sepoys. But we made it our own by changing the sauce to peanut base and adding bagoong as garnish. So anything that we adopt and change to our taste makes it our own Filipino dish. Ever tasted sweet spaghetti on other countries? Atin lang 'yan. A kid would enjoy our sweet spicy spaghetti than the ones prepared Italian style.

But speaking of authentic Fil. dish, a freshly made, farm pinapaitan would be a KILLER. Pun intended.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...