Fishing Anyone?

tocilog

Gusto ko sana ma-experience ang fishing for tuna sa gensan pero do not know where to star and who to talk to. Medyo takot din ako sa area dahil sa bad reputation ng lugar. Hindi ko alam sino paniniwalaan sa mga kwento-kwento.....

Sabi nila tuna capital daw yung location pero wala naman tour services if ever.....

Feel free to comment please...

Salamat po...

• 10 months later...

start ka muna sa medium gears(peso 5k is good) these includes pole , reels with line and hooks of different sizes(small)...good for pond fishing / laguna de bay / along the waters of manila bay.

for baits... start with night crawlers and small shrimps.

try to see if you like it. fishing is a sport of patience. do not expect big fishes. the bigger the hook the bigger the fish. start with small hooks for fishes with small mouths.

laguna de bay will give you tilapias..

if you like it...then go for bigger fishes( using live baits)...i am still searching a buddy that will take me to gen-san for tunas.......

gears for the big boys will run around peso150k while the trip to locations will be around peso100k.

this is the reasons you try to see if fishing is really what you like....there are times that you spend 100k and come back with nothing or everything....depending on where you go.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good rods run around usd100 > 1000 depending on what and where to use.

If you want to get your own rig then you must be ready to shell out approx usd500 > 3000.

You do not buy all kinds of rig all at one time, you accumulate them in time.

Fishing is an expensive sport and takes a lot of planning base on what and how you want to fish. A sport of patience,

intelligence and stamina....example, how are you going to land a 1ton halibut on a 150lb line?

Another is how are you going to land a 850lb blue fin on a 300lb line and 20ft swell?

My suggestion, build a selection of medium rig and fish...i mean go out there and fish...

See if you really like it. If you enjoy your trip...you will know if the sport is for you.... then it gets expensive.

Enjoy and good luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...