• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Tips For The Newly Graduates

If you're applying for your first job, don't apply for one job opening at a time. It will take too long to get an ideal job offer. Send out 10-20 applications, or more if you can manage it. Make that 50. Not all job openings are advertised. If you want to work for a company, send them a letter.

Not all of them will reply but every reply that you get will benefit you one way or another. Why? Because job interviews and exams are free. Going to the interview site will give you an idea about the daily commute. You will also get to see the insides of the offices and see what the employees are wearing. Use that knowledge to choose your business attire.

Make it your full-time job to send out applications, attend job interviews and take job exams. Don't let a week go by without having any. Use that experience as practice. You will get better after a few tries. The exams and interviews become easier after you get the hang of it, because they ask the same questions and make you write the same essay.

Once you've had a few job offers it will come in handy when the interviewer asks: "Do you have any job offers?". If your answer is Yes, the next question will be: "How much did they offer you?". That means they are deciding how much to offer. Your previous offers can make your next offer higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Wag kang mayabang. I swear... di porke't nakapagtapos ka sa magandang school eh kailanga. 20k+ na ang demand mo sa sweldo.

And always be hungry. I personally dont like hiring from the top 3 - UPD, ADMU, DLSUM. Because the hunger is not there. Or at least it's not as much as candidates from the other school.

Disclaimer1 : I have hired from all those 3, but I usually just dont get good hires from those 3.

Disclaimer2 : Im animo myself.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...