What's Your Video Card?

nope but i like to try. kaso isa lang lcd ko eh.

The problem with playing with 3 monitors is the 3rd monitor should have a connector for displayport - which unfortunately is not available in the Philippines.

You can use a 'active displayport to vga connector' but it is very expensive (about USD100) and it is not available in the Philippines.

The problem with playing with 3 monitors is the 3rd monitor should have a connector for displayport - which unfortunately is not available in the Philippines.

You can use a 'active displayport to vga connector' but it is very expensive (about USD100) and it is not available in the Philippines.

good thing i only have one monitor in my house. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have a fat wallet - gtx480 + water cooling

If money is an issue - gtx460

if you plan to get a gtx 480, it's actually better to get two(2) gtx 460 and go dual SLI rather than getting a single gtx 480. You'll end up spending a little less or about the same, but the benchmarks of 2 gtx 460 obliterates that of a single gtx 480. Here's the link of a credible review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-460-sli-geforce-gtx-480,2694.html I have 2 gtx 460's with 2GB, and it runs Crysis in max settings(very high) with 4xto8xAA at 1920x1200 resolution without hiccups, well that and I have i7 950 as the cpu.

Also, I'm doing fine with air cooling on my dual sli gpu's added 2 cooler master 120mm case fans rated at 2000rpm and 69cfm each. It keeps the gpu1 @ 32C idle / 61C full load and gpu2 @ 35C idle/ 64C full load, but I don't live in the tropics where ambient temperature is much cooler than manila. The cpu is water-cooled though as I plan to overclock to about 4Ghz.

Edited by TasmanianDevil

if you plan to get a gtx 480, it's actually better to get two(2) gtx 460 and go dual SLI rather than getting a single gtx 480. You'll end up spending a little less or about the same, but the benchmarks of 2 gtx 460 obliterates that of a single gtx 480. Here's the link of a credible review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-460-sli-geforce-gtx-480,2694.html I have 2 gtx 460's with 2GB, and it runs Crysis in max settings(very high) with 4xto8xAA at 1920x1200 resolution without hiccups, well that and I have i7 950 as the cpu.

Also, I'm doing fine with air cooling on my dual sli gpu's added 2 cooler master 120mm case fans rated at 2000rpm and 69cfm each. It keeps the gpu1 @ 32C idle / 61C full load and gpu2 @ 35C idle/ 64C full load, but I don't live in the tropics where ambient temperature is much cooler than manila. The cpu is water-cooled though as I plan to overclock to about 4Ghz.

btw, I forgot to mention that a single gtx 460 isn't so bad and is quite the performer. It still could run Crysis at 1600x1050 resolution, high settings at 4xAA. If I bumped it up to Very high settings, I had to drop to 0xAA. I don't have my exact fps rates but by playable I mean smooth and no lagging - so definitely had to be above 30fps.

Edited by TasmanianDevil

Just bought a Inno3d GTX460 1Gig DDR5. Super sulit especially since my monitor can only go up to 1680x1050 resolution. I can play everything at max settings (though haven't tried Crysis yet). Although I really wanted an ATI 5850, but couldn't get it for less than the GTX 460 here... but if you have friends in the US, just have them buy ATI there.