The Legal Side of Real Estate

rickyv

Im looking for good at ma-aasahang LAWYER,para hawakan ang kaso na isa-sampa ko sa mga nakatayong kabahayan

sa iniwan ng aming mga magulang na pamana sa aming magkakapatid..Lugar ng LEMERY,BATANGAS....

I suggest you get a local lawyer (from Lemery or the Batangas area), he will probably personally know the judge and the court staff and won't be a bother to go to court.

Thanks for the reply, sir pol22366, I have a followup question:

Can Mr Santos do the affidavit of self-adjudication with all the necessary procedures and publication just for this property to be sold to me? I understand, he may have other properties still in the name of both he and his deceased spouse. I am interested in purchasing only one of their properties. Is it necessary for Mr Santos to settle all of the properties first?

It is of concern to me, since extra judicial settlement of all the properties will take time and I am interested only in one property.

Thanks in advance again.

If that is the only REAL property, I think this can be done, but if there are several, then he has to include all real properties into the affidavit. He will enevitably adjudicate the others also, so why do it peicemeal???

If personal properties are left, aside from the real property, then he can adjudicate seperately, the personal properties are usually unaccounted anyway, unless they are bonds or shares.

Matatransfer pa rin yan pero kasama pa rin annotation ng sec. 7 sa tct. Kung ako buyer, masmaganda mapatangal sa seller yan dahil pagpatanggal nyan sa korte pa magpepetition at gagastos sa abogado at fees kaya libolibo rin yan. Problema lang pag sa seller pagawa, matatagalan rin yan patangal. Pag trial by commissioner mas mabilis pero may extra bayad usually. Kaya ano usapan while in process yung removal of encumbrance. Puede rin, padiscount mo price dahil sa annotation na yan para ikaw na lang magpatangal. Mahirap sa sec. 7 na yan, pagsinanla mo lupa, baka irequire banko na patangalin mo annotation ng sec. 7.

Parang yung nabili ko sa Quezon City through Bank Loan, nirequired ako ng BPI na ipatanggal ang Sec 7A. narelease naman ang loan ko habang nakafile sa korte ang cancellation , I filed it with the help of a lawyer Dec 11, First hearing should have been last week February pero nareset sa April.

Hello po,

7 years ago, my family and I bought a vacant lot. nasa pangalan po ng brother ko yng titulo, but we have a verbal agreement na sa akin yng kalahati.

Napatayuan na po ng house yng s side ng brother ko.

Ano po yng procedure para mailipat n sa name ko yng kalahating lupa? Plano ko na dn kc po patayuan ng house yng lupa ko.

Do I need to get a lawyer to do the paper works?

salamat po.

Hello po,

7 years ago, my family and I bought a vacant lot. nasa pangalan po ng brother ko yng titulo, but we have a verbal agreement na sa akin yng kalahati.

Ano po yng procedure para mailipat n sa name ko yng kalahating lupa? Plano ko na dn kc po patayuan ng house yng lupa ko.

salamat po.

There are two ways to do this. First is you can have yourself registered as a co-owner to the lot. Your brother will have to transfer to you (more likely via sale) of 1/2 of the property so that your name will appear on the title. Then you can have the title annotated showing who owns which house on the title. The second option, which is the ideal option is to subdivide the property. Again there has to be a transfer to you of your half of the lot and you will have to go to the LRA to have the title subdivided in two, which means having it surveyed. But at least, you will have your own title. Take note though that if the lot is too small, the LRA won't approve the subdivision. You don't have to get a lawyer, you can also get help from a competent real estate agent or broker.

Hello po,

salamat po.

There are two ways to do this. First is you can have yourself registered as a co-owner to the lot. Your brother will have to transfer to you (more likely via sale) of 1/2 of the property so that your name will appear on the title. Then you can have the title annotated showing who owns which house on the title. The second option, which is the ideal option is to subdivide the property. Again there has to be a transfer to you of your half of the lot and you will have to go to the LRA to have the title subdivided in two, which means having it surveyed. But at least, you will have your own title. Take note though that if the lot is too small, the LRA won't approve the subdivision. You don't have to get a lawyer, you can also get help from a competent real estate agent or broker.
Dr. Pepper is my idol when it comes to these things.
There are two ways to do this. First is you can have yourself registered as a co-owner to the lot. Your brother will have to transfer to you (more likely via sale) of 1/2 of the property so that your name will appear on the title. Then you can have the title annotated showing who owns which house on the title. The second option, which is the ideal option is to subdivide the property. Again there has to be a transfer to you of your half of the lot and you will have to go to the LRA to have the title subdivided in two, which means having it surveyed. But at least, you will have your own title. Take note though that if the lot is too small, the LRA won't approve the subdivision. You don't have to get a lawyer, you can also get help from a competent real estate agent or broker.Dr. Pepper is my idol when it comes to these things.

And SINless is my idol when it comes to anything about scoring with really pretty girls.

mga sirs question naman po. still having ome problems with the estate tax settlement with regards to my dad.

May sinasabi yung BIR na transfer tax para maprocess yung titolo sa pangalan namin and malaki daw yung hinihingi sabi ng mom ko hinahanap ko sa BIR website yung transfer tax ang lumalabas lang sa forms nila is donors and estate. Could anyone provide me additional info on this?

thanks po

mga sirs question naman po. still having ome problems with the estate tax settlement with regards to my dad.

May sinasabi yung BIR na transfer tax para maprocess yung titolo sa pangalan namin and malaki daw yung hinihingi sabi ng mom ko hinahanap ko sa BIR website yung transfer tax ang lumalabas lang sa forms nila is donors and estate. Could anyone provide me additional info on this?

thanks po

The transfer tax usually refers to the tax levied by the municipal or local government where the property is located. That is usually paid to the Registry of Deeds as opposed to the capital, donors and estate taxes which are collected by the BIR.

thanks po

The requirements for the municipality is easier than the BIR. Once you have settled the estate tax of your dad, all you have to do is furnish the Real Estate Division of the City or Municipal Treasurer's Office with the Deed of Extrajudicial Settlement, the Estate Tax Payment proof, Tax Declarations of the property and a copy of the title so they can compute and issue a receipt for the transfer tax which you would pay. After payment of the transfer tax at the city or municipality, you submit the documents again including receipt of transfer tax payment to the Real Estate Division for the tax clearance. After you get the tax clearance, you submit all the documents to the Register of Deeds to transfer title to the heirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Nais ko po sanang humingi ng tulong sa inyo ako po ay isang OFW sa UAE nung nkaraang taon 2008 nag loan po kami ng bahay sa pilipinas nakapag bigay na po kami ng mga dokumento para sa pag loan ito po ay thru PAG IBIG din at ito po ay nkapangalan sa akin fiance nkapag hulog na po kami ng mahigit 80 thosand pesos para sa equity ng bahay at buwan buwan po iyon wala pong palya sa pag hulog itong 2009 sa kasamaang palad nawalan po ng trabaho ang aking fiance dahil narin nga po sa GLOBAL CRISIS at siya po ay umuwi sa pilipinas at sa pag uwi niya nkatangap po siya ng sulat sa DEVELOPER na nanghihingi ng JOB CONTRACT siya po ay tumungo sa opisina ng developer at sinabi niya nga po ang nangyari sa kanya ang sabi po ng DEVELOPER kung hindi daw makapag provide ng nasabing DOKUMENTO ay forfeit daw po nila ang aming mga nahulog at wlang makukuha. April 7, 2009 nagtungo ang aking fiance at agent na contact namin sa Opisina ng developer at sinabi nga po na Cancelled na daw ang aming mga papel dahil Lack Of Document po daw ni wala pong formal na sulat na natangap ang aking fiance na cancelled na ang aming mga dokumento at loan sa nasabing developer at ang advise ng agent sa head office ay magbayad daw po ulit ng 10 libo para sa reservation fee po ulit at binibigyan kami ng 1 buwan para ayusin ang JOB CONTRACT at kami nga po ay nagbayad sabi na din kasi ng agent na subukan daw pong pekein ang dokumento dapat po kasi ang aking fiance ay babalik d2 ngunit ang bagong employer nman po nya ay hindi na ata naasikaso ang VISA nya at hindi ko na din po ma contact. ako po ay natatakot dahil hindi ko po alam kng ma aaprove po kung pekein ang Job Contract at kung hindi nga po ma approve pano na po ang mga nahulog namin sapagkat kami pong 2 ang nag huhulog nun hindi po kami kasal. Nais ko pong malaman sana kung ano ang mga dapat namin gawin. At maari po ba nilang forfeit ang aming pera miski kami po ay nakapag hulog ng maayus. Hindi po ba masyado nila kaming ginigipit sa sitwasyon na nangyari sa aking fiance? at may mkukuha pa po ba kaming pera sa kanila? kami po ay wala pang 2 taon naghuhulog sana po ay ma tulungan nyo ako sa aking mga katanungan. Maari po sana kung kayo ay may kasagutan sa aking katanungan sulatan nyo po ako sa jolmedilla@hotmail.com at kung maari din po na mahingi ang contact # ng kung sino man na pwede kaming assist sa aming problema sa DEVELOER

• 5 weeks later...
Nais ko po sanang humingi ng tulong sa inyo ako po ay isang OFW sa UAE nung nkaraang taon 2008 nag loan po kami ng bahay sa pilipinas nakapag bigay na po kami ng mga dokumento para sa pag loan ito po ay thru PAG IBIG din at ito po ay nkapangalan sa akin fiance nkapag hulog na po kami ng mahigit 80 thosand pesos para sa equity ng bahay at buwan buwan po iyon wala pong palya sa pag hulog itong 2009 sa kasamaang palad nawalan po ng trabaho ang aking fiance dahil narin nga po sa GLOBAL CRISIS at siya po ay umuwi sa pilipinas at sa pag uwi niya nkatangap po siya ng sulat sa DEVELOPER na nanghihingi ng JOB CONTRACT siya po ay tumungo sa opisina ng developer at sinabi niya nga po ang nangyari sa kanya ang sabi po ng DEVELOPER kung hindi daw makapag provide ng nasabing DOKUMENTO ay forfeit daw po nila ang aming mga nahulog at wlang makukuha. April 7, 2009 nagtungo ang aking fiance at agent na contact namin sa Opisina ng developer at sinabi nga po na Cancelled na daw ang aming mga papel dahil Lack Of Document po daw ni wala pong formal na sulat na natangap ang aking fiance na cancelled na ang aming mga dokumento at loan sa nasabing developer at ang advise ng agent sa head office ay magbayad daw po ulit ng 10 libo para sa reservation fee po ulit at binibigyan kami ng 1 buwan para ayusin ang JOB CONTRACT at kami nga po ay nagbayad sabi na din kasi ng agent na subukan daw pong pekein ang dokumento dapat po kasi ang aking fiance ay babalik d2 ngunit ang bagong employer nman po nya ay hindi na ata naasikaso ang VISA nya at hindi ko na din po ma contact. ako po ay natatakot dahil hindi ko po alam kng ma aaprove po kung pekein ang Job Contract at kung hindi nga po ma approve pano na po ang mga nahulog namin sapagkat kami pong 2 ang nag huhulog nun hindi po kami kasal. Nais ko pong malaman sana kung ano ang mga dapat namin gawin. At maari po ba nilang forfeit ang aming pera miski kami po ay nakapag hulog ng maayus. Hindi po ba masyado nila kaming ginigipit sa sitwasyon na nangyari sa aking fiance? at may mkukuha pa po ba kaming pera sa kanila? kami po ay wala pang 2 taon naghuhulog sana po ay ma tulungan nyo ako sa aking mga katanungan. Maari po sana kung kayo ay may kasagutan sa aking katanungan sulatan nyo po ako sa jolmedilla@hotmail.com at kung maari din po na mahingi ang contact # ng kung sino man na pwede kaming assist sa aming problema sa DEVELOER

If the developer had accepted installment payments from you since 2008, I assume that you're application for home loan was approved by them. Notwithstanding the change on your job employment, for as long as you have been regularly paying the monthly instalment payments, they should not have unilaterally cancelled the loan nor can they forfeit the installment payments.

could someone please help me with this scenario... Mr. A is an OFW... nakasanla ang bahay at lupa nang nanay ni Mr. A kay Mr. B, who is a private individual, for 1 million pesos.. ang taning nang sanla ay upto dec 2009 only... nakay Mr. B ang titulo nang bahay at lupa... gusto na sanang tubusin ni Mr. A ang bahay at lupa kaya lang di sya makakaabot sa 1 million by the end of the year... Susubukan nyang mag apply sa pag ibig nang housing loan para matubos ang pagkakasanla...

is this the best move for Mr. A?

ano ang ma aadvice nyo na altenative methods para ma save ni Mr. A ang bahay at lupa?

tnx in advance...

Subukan nya rin makipagrenegotiate ng loan sa mortgagee, kung ano kayang bayaran, bayaran tapos ang balance loan extension, kung papayag creditor.

Yung sa pagibig naman, pano gagawin makautang? Palalabasin nya ba nabibilhin nya ang bahay at lupa ng nanay nya? Hinde kasi sya makautang na isanla ang bahay at lupa ng nanay dahil hinde naman sa kanya ang lupa at bahay.

could someone please help me with this scenario... Mr. A is an OFW... nakasanla ang bahay at lupa nang nanay ni Mr. A kay Mr. B, who is a private individual, for 1 million pesos.. ang taning nang sanla ay upto dec 2009 only... nakay Mr. B ang titulo nang bahay at lupa... gusto na sanang tubusin ni Mr. A ang bahay at lupa kaya lang di sya makakaabot sa 1 million by the end of the year... Susubukan nyang mag apply sa pag ibig nang housing loan para matubos ang pagkakasanla...

is this the best move for Mr. A?

ano ang ma aadvice nyo na altenative methods para ma save ni Mr. A ang bahay at lupa?

tnx in advance...

Mr. A will encounter some difficulty because PAG-IBIG will require the TCT to be annotated. Mr. A will have to produce the TCT. He will have to talk to Mr B to borrow the TCT. Whether Mr B will agree depends on Mr A's persuasive power. Maybe Mr A can offer to pay a portion of the P1MM in cash as well as give MR. B a document whereby Mr. A assigns his PAG-IBIG loan proceeds to Mr. B.

An alternative which maybe costly is to get a loan for the deficiency from another loan shark, to be paid from the proceeds of the PAGIBIG loan.

Mr. A will encounter some difficulty because PAG-IBIG will require the TCT to be annotated. Mr. A will have to produce the TCT. He will have to talk to Mr B to borrow the TCT. Whether Mr B will agree depends on Mr A's persuasive power. Maybe Mr A can offer to pay a portion of the P1MM in cash as well as give MR. B a document whereby Mr. A assigns his PAG-IBIG loan proceeds to Mr. B.

An alternative which maybe costly is to get a loan for the deficiency from another loan shark, to be paid from the proceeds of the PAGIBIG loan.

halos ganito rin ang binigay kong advice sa kanila... tnx... pag may problem ulit me ask ko kayo ah... salamat ulit...

Dear Dr. Pepper,

May tanong lang ako. Nakatira kami ng parents and siblings ko at one of the apartments na tinayo ng grandparents ko. It was verbally communicated to my father and us na ipapamana ang isang unit na iyon sa amin. Although yung unit is core lang namin nakuha, kung baga unit lang talaga at kami na ang nagpagawa ng loob, mga cabinets, flooring and such... and just recently, we have renovated the back door, kitchen adjacent to the bathroom. Last September 2008, there was a misunderstanding between my father and lola, which resulted to mother-son war. Which in turn affected everything. My Lola is now asking us to leave the house as their life, she mused, are now in danger because of my father (he drinks beer everyday and sometime tends to really be quite loud -- speaks his mind out loud). My question is can we ask them to pay for all of the expenses incurred in renovating the place? we don't have the receipts of course as we really didn't see that it would all come to this. It is in no doubt that the place was renovated as it is very different from the other 3 units; and gano kaya katagal bago kami mapalayas sa bahay na akala namin eh sa amin? As of to date, my lola & lolo has asked the help of our brgy and petition for our eviction. My father and lola are scheduled to meet and talk this saturday. Can you give inputs pls? Ano sa tingin nyo ang laban namin or ng papa ko... btw, my grandparents has informed my father na wala syang mana na matatanggap from them.... Sana mabigyan mo ng linaw ang aking mga questions. Salamat sa iyong time and attention. :unsure:

Dear Dr. Pepper,

May tanong lang ako. Nakatira kami ng parents and siblings ko at one of the apartments na tinayo ng grandparents ko. It was verbally communicated to my father and us na ipapamana ang isang unit na iyon sa amin. Although yung unit is core lang namin nakuha, kung baga unit lang talaga at kami na ang nagpagawa ng loob, mga cabinets, flooring and such... and just recently, we have renovated the back door, kitchen adjacent to the bathroom. Last September 2008, there was a misunderstanding between my father and lola, which resulted to mother-son war. Which in turn affected everything. My Lola is now asking us to leave the house as their life, she mused, are now in danger because of my father (he drinks beer everyday and sometime tends to really be quite loud -- speaks his mind out loud). My question is can we ask them to pay for all of the expenses incurred in renovating the place? we don't have the receipts of course as we really didn't see that it would all come to this. It is in no doubt that the place was renovated as it is very different from the other 3 units; and gano kaya katagal bago kami mapalayas sa bahay na akala namin eh sa amin? As of to date, my lola & lolo has asked the help of our brgy and petition for our eviction. My father and lola are scheduled to meet and talk this saturday. Can you give inputs pls? Ano sa tingin nyo ang laban namin or ng papa ko... btw, my grandparents has informed my father na wala syang mana na matatanggap from them.... Sana mabigyan mo ng linaw ang aking mga questions. Salamat sa iyong time and attention. :unsure:

I am not too familiar with eviction. Having said that, your lola will have to go to court to file an eviction case, which cannot be settled at the barangay level, and as all of us knows, this could take some time. I doubt that you could ask for the costs of the renovation. You are entitled to take what you can dismantle without damaging the premises but the rest you will have to leave behind. Perhaps you could post this in the legal thread to get more inputs.

I am not too familiar with eviction. Having said that, your lola will have to go to court to file an eviction case, which cannot be settled at the barangay level, and as all of us knows, this could take some time. I doubt that you could ask for the costs of the renovation. You are entitled to take what you can dismantle without damaging the premises but the rest you will have to leave behind. Perhaps you could post this in the legal thread to get more inputs.

Thank you for your advise. Have posted already...

• 2 weeks later...

the situation is hard. it is more of a family issue. just hope walang mortis causa ginawa ang lolo at lola mo na hinde sinali sa mana ang dad mo pag pumanaw na sila. if none, your dad will be a heir. pede pa siguro yan ma-solve. try lang.

Edited by -wet-
Dear Dr. Pepper,

as i undertand it, both of your grandparents are still alive. and that the title to the property is under their name. yours is basically a family problem which sometimes unavoidable and the only solution would be to go to court. If you can get a good lawyer, it could take years to resolve. the low side of this is that your family will be the talk of the town.

if i were to give an advise, i suggest you settle this among yourselves. discuss it with your family. humility is the key.

wishing you the best.