6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

commercial muna.. napulot ko lang somewhere.. sana malapit na! :thumbsupsmiley:

Stoudemire Goes One-on-One

By Steven J. Koek, Suns.com

Posted: Feb. 22, 2006

Nikoloz Tskitishvili received some valuable playing time on Wednesday. The 7-foot forward was the other “one” in Amaré Stoudemire’s first one-on-one action since microfracture knee surgery last October.

STAT, cleared to begin contact play after a positive MRI on Tuesday, won the competition, three games to two, but the final tally was not nearly as significant as the play itself.

“It felt pretty good today,” Stoudemire said afterward. “I felt pretty comfortable out there. I was trying to get the feel up, especially defensively. I’m moving my feet a little more, just trying to play solid defense.

“Right now, it’s just a little stiff; not really pain, just a muscular endurance. We’re trying to get over that now.”

At one point, Stoudemire got tangled up with Skita and hit the US Airways Center practice court in a heap. After a moment of complete silence, Stoudemire jumped up and pumped his fist in the air. When play continued, he drained a baseline jumper.

Also on display was an addition to Stoudemire’s arsenal, the three-point shot. He drained several long-range jumpers, including swishing two from beyond the arc in the final game.

“That’s something I’ve been working on this past offseason,” he said. “Also, since I’ve been injured I’ve been shooting more jumpers and just trying to get the feel of the all-around game.”

While there seemed to be a couple of moves Stoudemire finished off by laying the ball in instead of the throwing it down with the power fans have come to expect from the 2002-03 Rookie of the Year, that power is still there and will be on display more as his return nears.

“I think my inside game is based on quickness,” he said. “And my quickness is back to where it was, so I’ve just got to get that explosiveness back.

“My feet were just a little slow. I haven’t moved them so fast (all season). I’m just trying to get back and get a feel for the game.”

When he will get back all the way is still a question, but Stoudemire, who maintains he is at about 70-75 percent, is happy to continue his rehabilitation and let things fall into place naturally.

“I still can’t call it quite yet,” Stoudemire said of his return to game action. “Today was the first day of one-on-one. Five-on-five is a lot different from one-on-one. We’re still going to take our slow steps and eventually graduate.

“I just sit back and let the trainers give me an okay to proceed and that’s the way I go about it. I’ll probably play one-on-one for about a week, maybe a week and a half. Then I’ll get a little two-on-two and graduate from there.”

Today’s match up was a valuable measuring stick to determine how far Stoudemire has come and how much work there is left to be done, but was also an opportunity to get the competitive juices flowing again.

“The game was tied 2-2 and someone had to leave as the champ,” he said. “It’s just that competitive spirit that gets you over that hump in the mental aspect of the game.”

i dunno guys, but i have this thing for sue bird... and becky hammon (?) of new york... cute gals who can outperform me on the court, but definetely not in bed  :lol:

yeah, Becky really is cute :wub:

but I like Jennifer Azzi more, too bad she already retired... :(

back to business, my third pick would be Sheryl Swoopes... :lol:

good first day for me, I didn't get blown out despite Jamison's outstanding performance today for Katrina's team... :D

Edited by cheeselogger

ayasadai.. :D

prince+mihm for davis+filler (?)

prince+iggy for jamison

commish.. :D

prince+mihm for murphy+filler (?)

R@mpaging.. :D

prince+frye for dalembert+nocioni

gwaps.. :D

prince+fisher for j. johnson + filler

hopeless team.. :D

prince for diaw

:unsure:

hmm. medyo askew altho peja isn't making as many 3balls as he should be...

yeah.. i have to recall my offer din.. i just realized fisher is ultra hot right now.. :D

for 2 games last week he had 18.5ppg, 4rpg, 7apg, 5.5spg 2.80A/T

this week in 2 games 19.5ppg, 3rpg, 10apg, 1.5spg 2.86A/T.. and with davis' consistent DNPs i expect d-fish to continue this hot streak.. :thumbsupsmiley:

i was away for a few days... na-ospital kasi yung panganay ko eh... down na pala yung team ko.... :cry:

ayasadai.. :D

prince+mihm for davis+filler (?)

prince+iggy for jamison

:unsure:

pwede yang offer mo bossing pero kay Emeka... hehehe

Prince or Mihm or Iggy for Emeka..... one on one!!!

nga pala, bakit parang give-up ka all of a sudden sa dating bata ko Bossing?

wow, hurricane Katrina benched Vince today... :huh:

was that accidental or intentional? :unsure:

either way, hope it wasn't intentional as it would take the competitive spirit of the week... :)

that's unintentional bro... I set my line-up last Monday when Vince suffered an injury (sprain ata :huh: ) and did not returned to the game... hindi ko na naayos coz nagkasakit yung panganay ko eh, hindi ako naka-online for 3 days... sayang yung stats ni Vince..... niweyz, hope makahabol pa!

Edited by ayasadai