6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Sigh.

Boozer plans return before All-Star break

By DOUG ALDEN, AP Sports Writer

February 9, 2006

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Carlos Boozer doesn't want to wait until after the All-Star break to play his first game in nearly a year.

Boozer, who missed the first 49 games with a strained hamstring, said he will play Friday night when the Utah Jazz visit the Minnesota Timberwolves.

don't know how long I'll play. You've got to ask Coach that. But I'll be in the game," Boozer said before practice Thursday.

Coach Jerry Sloan, who along with the Jazz training staff will have the final say on Boozer's comeback, said it would depend on the team shootaround Friday in Minneapolis.

After several setbacks with Boozer's rehabilitation since training camp, the Jazz are being cautious. Sloan said he is looking forward to Boozer getting the injury woes behind him.

"That's why I keep my fingers crossed for him, because he's gone through a lot to get to this point," Sloan said.

Boozer hasn't played since last Feb. 14, when he strained his right foot during a game at Phoenix. Boozer said his foot was healthy by the end of the season and ready for training camp, but he strained his left hamstring and missed the preseason.

He said he was close to returning a few times since the season began, but "tweaked" the hamstring again and started over on his rehabilitation.

Boozer returned to practice Wednesday and took part in a 4-minute scrimmage. He said Thursday the hamstring felt fine when he woke up and he expected to be ready for the Timberwolves.

"I had a great workout yesterday," Boozer said. "Had a lot of fun. We won the scrimmage and my leg felt great."

The injuries have prompted local skepticism of Boozer's toughness and whether he's worth the six-year, $68 million contract he signed in 2004. But when he was healthy, he led the Jazz in scoring and rebounding and Sloan would like to see Boozer back at forward soon.

The Jazz play Friday at Minnesota, Saturday at Houston and Monday at the Lakers before getting the rest of the week off for the All-Star game.

"I feel that he wants to get back so he can get back to playing basketball -- the quicker the better -- and doesn't have to worry about the All-Star break," Sloan said.

Boozer's position at forward has been taken over by Mehmet Okur, who leads the Jazz in scoring and rebounding. But having both would give Sloan a nice rotation, even if Boozer's playing time is limited for a while.

With the injuries the Jazz have had this season, Sloan wasn't making any early decisions on how to divvy up playing time when Boozer is back.

"I've got to worry about the guys being healthy," Sloan said. "When they're sitting on the bench and ready to play, I'll worry about the minutes then."

Boozer and point guard Deron Williams, who sprained an ankle before Monday's home game against Chicago, are listed as game-time decisions for Friday.

Kaya eto na lang, although it might be too late then.

THE NEWS (from fanball.com)

Clippers swingman Corey Maggette was at practice Thursday for the first time without a soft cast since being sidelined for the last 27 games with sprained left foot. Maggette hopes to be cleared for light workouts next week.

Our View

Maggette is likely to be out at least another three weeks as he rehabs the ankle and gets himself into game shape. Maggette owners playoff-bound are salivating for his 21.7 ppg, but for those whose teams were crippled by the loss of Maggette, his return will come far too late to do any good.

Our View

Maggette is likely to be out at least another three weeks as he rehabs the ankle and gets himself into game shape. Maggette owners playoff-bound are salivating for his 21.7 ppg, but for those whose teams were crippled by the loss of Maggette, his return will come far too late to do any good.

heheh.. ayos ito commish ah.. kinuha mo rin naman cia sa fa pool. i thought his return will come far too late to do any good. gambling ei? heheh :lol:

another nice FA catch by bro cactus jack on matt harpring... 20+ pts, 8rebs and 0 TOs last 2 games...

after the failed disbandment of the team, he's giving bro cheese's team a hard time this week 5 - 6 with FTM close 99 - 100 in favor of cheese... mukang sa FT magkakatalo tong 2ng teams na to.... :)

yep, he's really giving it to my team. :(

the bright spot for me are the categories I wanted to improve (assists, TO's, and A/T) are showing significant changes that's good enough for me... :)

even if Jameer and BK are out... :angry:

master bubuy, request, could you post the league (over-all stats) that you used to post here before??? so as we may know how our teams fared against the league in specific stat categories... :thumbsupsmiley:

bro di ko ma-update kase nalilito na ako sa mga team names eh.. :wacko:

who wants to take charge of the excel file? :D puro encoding lang naman gagawin, automatic na nagcocompute yun ng averages.. :thumbsupsmiley: