• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Part 4

Donaghy Bookies

- Stat, Bosh, Captain Kirk and Kev Mart are four great picks to build a team around. Man-child and the one-time Yellow Jacket provide double-double performances almost every game with a healthy dosage of blocks and high % which are more than welcome coming from the frontline positions. Latvian sensation Biedrins had a breakout season last year for the fan favorite Warriors especially during the regular season and it will be very much interesting to watch out how much improvement he will again show this year. rounding out the bigs for boss bubs' team are Gomes and the Bucks starting PF Yi that will be more than solid contributors/role players for their NBA teams so good production will be much anticipated to come from these two. the backcourt is manned by UK alum Kirk, Sactown hotshot Martin, ex-Longhorn star Ford and teammate-for-life-and-death S-Jax. these 4 perimeter players will and can take care of the assists, FT%, 3ptM and steals without even having any breakout games in the week. D-Fish coming back to LA means more 3ptM coming from him and couple of steals every week but not much can be expected as he will be coming back to the Lakers to become a vet presence that will stand as a mentor to the young guard corps that Kupchak has assembled for the purple and gold. ex-Spartan Bell has some questions on what exact role he will be playing for the reinforced Bucks but his role is pretty much defined as the first guard off the bench to replace either Redd or Mo. but with Charlie V and Bobby Simmons also part of the bench, Charlie's high-scoring exploits last year might not happen as often this year. Aggie grad rookie Law will be in a favorable position for the Hawks as he is pressed to be their starting PG and if he does concentrate in distributing the ball around, boss Bubs will do nothing but love getting him cheap with his last pick in this year's draft.

Boomtown Bolitas

- the international flavor is well good and alive especially in bro G_o_G's squad. led by Chinaman Yao and Mr. Longoria, this team also has South Americans Horford, Noc, and Hermann in the fold. the Truth, T-Mac and Mo Williams will provide the firepower along with Yao and the French dude so it is safe to say that there will be no scoring shortages in the Bolitas' near future. unless of course the dreaded bug hits the Wall of China, Tracy or any other of this squad's top 5 picks. with Horford and GH33 also in the fold, bro G_o_G's sleeper picks have been showing so far this preseason that they are both worth the gamble despite some issues against them performing well this year. Hermann will and might provide those solid numbers he dished out at the end of last season when the Bobcats ran out of bigs which so far this offseason, looks like is bound to happen again. AndOne's poster boy and ex-LSU standout Swift provide great potential as very late round value picks but odds are way too much against them except to expect less than 20 breakout games this season.

Chain Gang 3.0

- one word best describes this version of the Chain Gang, S-I-C-K. led by young studs, most probably future HOF's, this squad can easily be mistaken for a keeper's league team. CP3, J-Smoove, former Longhorn stud Aldridge, Sudanese-born Deng and New Mexico State alum Granger are well rounded young players that are more on their way to having a great season this year especially with all the chances they will be getting this year. the Hornets floor general will provide the assists and scoring, Josh putting up the points, blocks and rebounds, Lamarcus holding the fort down for the Blazers with rebounds, blocks and points, and Luol & Danny giving across the board stats that will certainly be more than welcome to bro gwaps. the supporting group are a great collection of ballers that will plug in and fortify the stats the top 5 picks will give. cornrowed Purdue grad Miller, former collegiate player of the year Jameer, ex-Notre Dame star Murphy and collegiate champ Williams will be great contributors for this team especially if they stay healthy and consistent for their respective NBA teams. Brad and Troy's inside and outside game, Nelson's scoring touch, and Marvin's versatile skills will prove valuable for the Gang's campaign this year. four year UCLA star Kapono, Spaniard Calderon and NY's resident fat-dude Curry all proved as a great source of certain stats (including TO's) that if they do get to continue their great showing from last year, a third straight trip to the finals is not too far-fetched for bro gwaps' squad. but my bet though is that only Calderon would prove to be a valuable pick with maybe a bit more improvement from his last year's stats while Curry, IMHO, would only see his touches and opportunities decrease with Zach's arrival in MSG.

Joshiasi

- the stretch that is picking D-Wade as a first round pick especially in a most competitive league like ours I guess would be the dilemna bro Josh would be facing this year. by picking EB, this team will be shorthanded coming in to the season already and will be relying heavily on the former Marquette's star recuperating powers to not fall behind too much in our league. anyway, in this two all-world stars absence this squad will be depending on U-Conn legend Ray Allen, ex-Florida Gator Mike Miller, former UNC star Sheed and the versatile HS-to-pro's tweener Harrington. all 4 ballers can score from anywhere on the court and that would only mean good things in the absence of bro Josh's first round pick. EB's frontcourt partner for the Clips' should step up for the other LA team and this also bodes well for this squad. red-haired beanpole's son, ex-Georgia Tech star Jack and former Michigan star Crawford are expected starters that can and should provide solid numbers also for the backcourt positions. the last 2 picks, Can't-See-Me proprietor Deshawn and energizer big Mikki Moore are hustle players that can and might provide great numbers if and when their NBA star teammates gets injured and they will be expected step up and fill the void. a starting PG other than Jack can be of great help to this team to round up the stats though as I only see Allen, Walton and Jack providing the dimes and this may not be enough.

Edited by cheeselogger
Chain Gang 3.0

- one word best describes this version of the Chain Gang, S-I-C-K. led by young studs, most probably future HOF's, this squad can easily be mistaken for a keeper's league team. CP3, J-Smoove, former Longhorn stud Aldridge, Sudanese-born Deng and New Mexico State alum Granger are well rounded young players that are more on their way to having a great season this year especially with all the chances they will be getting this year. the Hornets floor general will provide the assists and scoring, Josh putting up the points, blocks and rebounds, Lamarcus holding the fort down for the Blazers with rebounds, blocks and points, and Luol & Danny giving across the board stats that will certainly be more than welcome to bro gwaps. the supporting group are a great collection of ballers that will plug in and fortify the stats the top 5 picks will give. cornrowed Purdue grad Miller, former collegiate player of the year Jameer, ex-Notre Dame star Murphy and collegiate champ Williams will be great contributors for this team especially if they stay healthy and consistent for their respective NBA teams. Brad and Troy's inside and outside game, Nelson's scoring touch, and Marvin's versatile skills will prove valuable for the Gang's campaign this year. four year UCLA star Kapono, Spaniard Calderon and NY's resident fat-dude Curry all proved as a great source of certain stats (including TO's) that if they do get to continue their great showing from last year, a third straight trip to the finals is not too far-fetched for bro gwaps' squad. but my bet though is that only Calderon would prove to be a valuable pick with maybe a bit more improvement from his last yaer's stats while Curry, IMHO, would only see his touches and opportunities decrease with Zach's arrival in MSG.

love the review bro :thumbsupsmiley: ... make me feel optimistic :rolleyes: ... makes me feel light :hypocritesmiley: ... makes me feel like i'm in my fantasies :upside: ...

hey, this is fantasy, btw :lol: ...

yeah, nice point... i am really hoping jose calderon pans out (and even overtakes tj in t-dot, if possible), coz jameer jacks em up more than he passes... honestly, da crew need help on the boards (curry doesn't do em)...

with this, i'm officially putting troy murphy on the block... need boards or blocks...

...btw, mega monster props to bro cheese for the league wide review...

Baptism of fire agad ang team ko. Ubod ng lakas pa naman team ni Gwaps. :cry:

(Bibbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....... :cry: )

Part 4

Chain Gang 3.0

- one word best describes this version of the Chain Gang, S-I-C-K. led by young studs, most probably future HOF's, this squad can easily be mistaken for a keeper's league team. CP3, J-Smoove, former Longhorn stud Aldridge, Sudanese-born Deng and New Mexico State alum Granger are well rounded young players that are more on their way to having a great season this year especially with all the chances they will be getting this year. the Hornets floor general will provide the assists and scoring, Josh putting up the points, blocks and rebounds, Lamarcus holding the fort down for the Blazers with rebounds, blocks and points, and Luol & Danny giving across the board stats that will certainly be more than welcome to bro gwaps. the supporting group are a great collection of ballers that will plug in and fortify the stats the top 5 picks will give. cornrowed Purdue grad Miller, former collegiate player of the year Jameer, ex-Notre Dame star Murphy and collegiate champ Williams will be great contributors for this team especially if they stay healthy and consistent for their respective NBA teams. Brad and Troy's inside and outside game, Nelson's scoring touch, and Marvin's versatile skills will prove valuable for the Gang's campaign this year. four year UCLA star Kapono, Spaniard Calderon and NY's resident fat-dude Curry all proved as a great source of certain stats (including TO's) that if they do get to continue their great showing from last year, a third straight trip to the finals is not too far-fetched for bro gwaps' squad. but my bet though is that only Calderon would prove to be a valuable pick with maybe a bit more improvement from his last year's stats while Curry, IMHO, would only see his touches and opportunities decrease with Zach's arrival in MSG.

Baptism of fire agad ang team ko. Ubod ng lakas pa naman team ni Gwaps. :cry:

(Bibbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....... :cry: )

WOW...

eto na yung the "anti-FPJ" tactics... "usog" tactics...

pasalamat ako ng lubos-lubusan kung matatalo kita... haaaaaaaayyyyyy... partida wala pa si bibby mo...

GAME TIME!!!

those who reached for aldridge in drafts are getting their picks worth....hehehe

ahem.. present...!

yeah boy, this is the main league

its that freakin damn big

that i'd care less for the other gig

and here i go with the biggest gun

gonna trample em, prisoners none

shoot the down like an outlaw

never turnin' back and look below

coz frankly said, there no tomorrow

yo boy lamarcus, go lead my crew

even brought yo bud joel to the brew

and cp3, yo, dont let me be

dont let me rank below the last three

j-smoove my hommie, phenom they call

the key to it all, go take em all

hey danny g, go get em stats

coz you and loul are the big bats

and wingmen, yeah, their numbers bloom

marvin and bucky, go spell their doom

yeah, tall white men might never jump

brad and troy, give em stats some bump

and yo, to hell with the timeshare

jose my dawg, go andale-andale!

and please, no diss to my boy jameer

u'll never know, its his contract year

so yo haters in da hood, better watch out

the bridesmaid's back for the knockout

and if y don't care, well, be aware

coz all the geniuses, they'd say beware

the chain gang, boy, hungrier than ever

the time is now, win it all or never...

peace...

Snitch Devil 24

- the guard-heavy or should I say big men-heavy lineup of krusty boy is one mean son of a b*tch, pardon my language. Agent Zero, B-Diddy, former Cyclone Tinsley and rookie Italian import Belinelli are the small men of this team that will provide and may even dominate the points, 3 points made, FT's made and, to some extent, the assists & steals department. there is that rather large question mark about how many games will the ex-Bruin star and the Pacers' lead guard would be able to play for their respective teams without any injury impacting their play. obviously, it would be far worse for the SD24 team if they missed a lot of games too. another thing to watch out for would be how effective Belinelli would be for the whole season, playing a lot more competitive games than what he has experienced so far. though if these fears would come true, even for a bit, krusty boy does have "contigency" plans in the 5th Beattle Rondo and surfer-boy-turned-baller Korver. this two can and will provide solid numbers that will complement well the other guards for this team. heading on to the equally impressive collection of big men, Minny's new main man Al-Jeff will be the centerpiece of this team and obviously of the T-Wolves franchise as well. with NCAA champ Okafor, comebacking David West, another Italian sensation in Barnyani (spelled as it is pronounced) and hobo man's Mailman Millsap here to also backstop the team, Jefferson will be the center of attraction and will be much observed at if he will be able to continue to impress everyone with his skill especially with all those tall trees out in the Western Conference. one thing going for Minnesota fans (if there's any left) and krusty boy is that it looks like Al has really worked on his conditioning so don't expect too much time/games wasted for him sitting on the bench because of an ankle sprain. unless though Jefferson would have a setback in his conditioning program during the season. the x-factor/sleeper pick for this team would have to be Jameer's former college running mate Delonte. if he somehow wins that timeshare/competition for the starting gig in coffeetown (or is it Oklahoma now?), this team should be a lock for the playoffs.

Thanks for the review bro. Cheese!

Bubs, yung trade prop mo sa Hoops Freak, just cancelled it muna.

I just want to see first how my team would fare sa roto.

And remember this is my first roto league.

Deng is "too temtpting". (man-crush)

edit, Damn bro gwaps, you did it again!

another edit, naninibago ako kay fafa ajb, FPJ mode?! WTF???????????

Edited by KB24
Thanks for the review bro. Cheese!

Bubs, yung trade prop mo sa Hoops Freak, just cancelled it muna.

I just want to see first how my team would fare sa roto.

And remember this is my first roto league.

Deng is "too temtpting". (man-crush)

edit, Damn bro gwaps, you did it again!

another edit, naninibago ako kay fafa ajb, FPJ mode?! WTF???????????

yeah, ajb going fpj @ week 1... wassup wid dat...

...jinxing mode, perhaps... LOL