6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Ouch.

Andrew Bynum, according to coach Phil Jackson, could miss significant time after spraining his right knee on Friday in Memphis.

Jackson called the injury "a great disappointment" and said he didn't know when Bynum would play again. "Everyone knows we’re probably going to have to go on for quite a while without him," Jackson said. Bynum's season ended about this time last year when he suffered a partially dislocated kneecap in his other knee. Ironically, both injuries happened against the Grizzlies. Feb. 1 - 5:31 am et

Yup, 7. That made Bynum (who has an estimated return timetable of 8 to 12 weeks) a must drop for my team.

Bynum

Despite facing eight to 12 weeks of rehabilitation with a torn ligament in his right knee, Andrew Bynum sounded relieved on Monday.

"It’s actually better news than I expected to hear," Bynum said. "They tell me I shouldn’t be out for the season." Phil Jackson even said the Lakers "have to be happy" with the diagnosis. This is probably just collective relief that surgery isn't necessary and Bynum should return for the playoffs -- as we noted earlier, the rosiest scenario has him playing in just eight regular season games. Feb. 2 - 7:38 pm et

Source: Orange County Register

Edited by agentjackbauer