6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

^

the guys have super-agent types and it helped them get jobs in the league.

parang wala rin naman kasing formal scouting system ang PBA eh so there's a tendency to go by name rather than actual performance.

pound for pound, there's probably more raw talent in the NCAA, taob lang sila sa media mileage.

that said, I agree with jong, the league seriously needs to expand.

OT: I dunno about you but the UAAP seems to have a bit more "order" and "team discipline" compared to NCAA teams. it seems the NC style of play is more run and run and run a whole lot more more often than not. the only teams that I see a semblance of system were/are the Lions, Knights and the Bombers. even these teams nowadays seem to just overwhelm other teams with sheer talent alone, though they deserve credit for knowing where they are really good at and pushing it at their opponents throats. UAAP teams seems to have a whole lot more emphasis on team system, the Archers and Warriors' full court press, the Eagles inside and out play. and lastly, no pun intended, the Parrots give-it-to-the-designated-scorer-and-then-pray-he-does-make-a-basket tried and tested (failed) system that seems to never get old...

hehehe

i only talk of facts and not fiction. :D

yesterday same number of players, today +8 kalaban.

Counting Azubuike and your extra guy tomorrow (you have 10 guys playing tom), you actually have 38 total games this week. I have 39. But since Azubuike didnt play and your extra guy tom does not count, you have 36 total games (4,1, 9, 3, 9, 9, 1) while I have 39 (3,9, 7, 1, 8, 5 ,6).

The game sked isnt as lopsided as it seems. Im actually afraid of your back to back ful rosters on Friday and Saturday. Most likely, you will have the lead going into the final day. Im just hoping my 6 guys (against your 1) on the last day will be able to bridge the gap or lessen your lead.

Edited by agentjackbauer

in other words, the NCAA is crude and their coaching style outdated...

I really can't and won't argue with that as their style of play pretty much bares that one out.

but my point here really was talent and upside.

perhaps UAAP teams rely more on the team system primarily because they don't really have as much in terms of raw ability---despite repeatedly poaching on the NCAA's well-stocked juniors pool---and depth remains a problem.

no point reinventing the wheel as ultimately, when you have enough raw athletes, best way to make hay in college ball is to run and gun anyway...right?

didn't really argue with the raw talent thing, perhaps the NCAA juniors circuit still has the best "grassroots" scouting in all the Philippines hence the source of raw talent/potential. just pointing out though that some pro (local) teams though, just like the NBA, prefer polished and "disciplined" players over raw talent that they still have to teach how to play the right way. all aspiring basketball stars should know the right way that though, since they want to be known as "PROFESSIONAL" players andnot just get paid & party the night away....

a bit funny that you mention professional since I do hear that some schools (over)pay to win over talented recruits...

glue guys are nice and always welcome.

if the local hoops league second-guesses their choice of raw talent, again, that belies the fact that player development isn't given enough emphasis at the pro level...which makes sense since there's a limited number of roster spots to begin with---who's got the time to wait on a bunch of kids?

as of now hindi pa... pero ang pinaka star na nila sa team, sina baguio and espinas na lang.... wala na sina EVil, Penissi, Junthy, Alvarez..... then sooner, te-trade na rin nila yang 2ng yan pag contract time na! actually, cyrus just renewed his contract pero hindi pa ata sya max this year, pero next season, sigurado trade na rin yan!

^

the guys have super-agent types and it helped them get jobs in the league.

parang wala rin naman kasing formal scouting system ang PBA eh so there's a tendency to go by name rather than actual performance.

pound for pound, there's probably more raw talent in the NCAA, taob lang sila sa media mileage.

that said, I agree with jong, the league seriously needs to expand.

That expansion thing is not gonna happen though.

On the contrary, what happens is one franchise gobbling up the other franchises to become one mega-franchise (San Miguel, Purefoods, Coca-Cola and Ginebra). :thumbsdownsmiley:

I dunno, but as my former pro friend (NCAA star pero bangko for only one season sa PBA) said, mahirap raw makapasok at magtagal sa PBA kung hindi galing sa UAAP, specifically Ateneo or DLSU. Kasi raw, these players are already more or less assured na ring mada-draft since these alumni are the same guys running these giant companies.

But I agree: NCAA has the better juniors pool.

Mas mayaman lang talaga ang alumni ng UAAP member schools. :lol:

Edited by Jongkers

well for one, if they could expand, they would've done it already, right?

problema kasi it's still an old-boys-club and they want to protect their own interests any way they can.

the mere fact that they still have this old rule where competing brands can't join is...pathetic.

as for said super-agents, well, I do know for a fact that a certain group of alumni went out of their way to help a certain player from their school get drafted first overall...

not to say that the dude didn't deserve it then (he did have a dominant senior campaign and well, his draft class was lean anyway) but when you have guys like that working the phones for you, it goes a long way.

pero syempre mas maliit na yung pool kung ganun bro...

sayang nga yang kevin dp kung ganun...that kid can play.

si borboran ok sana pero may good chance malaglag agad yan kung hindi niya ma-outgrow yung inconsistency niya.

edit:

btw, meron pa ba nung Johnny O's Juice?

LOL!

best product and team name ever!

Edited by gift_of_game