6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Malakas team mo sa dynasty. I think kulang ka lang ng isang big (trade Corey M. for a big man?) at isang pg (Acie Law didnt pan out).

yeah, looks like the Suns/GSW version of small ball isn't really a good enough of a strategy to win the chip. but with B-Diddy, AI and Calderon (especially this breakout year), I don't foresee me prioritizing another PG acquisition unless trading one of the 3 away. and yeah again, Atlanta dropped the ball there for my dynasty team in acquiring Bibby and setting Law's PG-of-the-future tag in doubt now for the Hawks.

I'm thinking I go the bro Gwap's way next year here in the main league in building around great PG plays and surrounding them with a more than solid cast of wingmen. that is actually, I think, a slight variation of my team that basically had the same formula except I didn't put much emphasis on my PG spot and also bro Gwaps' great fortune in having those breakout seasons from Calderon and other FA pickups that are more than a welcome bonus for any fantasy team coming from it's lowest picks...

Your team was a victim of injuries to Yao and Bynum. With those two around, your team would have been right there in the thick of things.

Having said that, the records indicate that your team needs a boost in 3pts. (3-19 record in 3pts) Another observation is that, your team did not dominate a single category. By dominate, I mean attaining a win-loss record of 20-plus wins in one category, there being 23 match-ups whole year round in that league. It is crucial that you have categories you can rely on week in and week out. For instance, I could rely on my team more or less winning four categories any given week: FTM, pts, rebounds, assists. (On the flipside, I could also rely on my team "winning" the turnover category since I had a league-worst record of 1win-22losses there. :lol: ) In all those four categories, I had 20 wins or more, so kahit paano I have a core number of categories I could rely on. Your team's best record was 14-9 in pts. and in the rest of the categories, your record was more or less even.

Your core of pgs (including CP3), forwards (Melo and Deng) and centers (Yao and Bynum) is absolutely to die for. CP3 is the best fantasy pg and will dominate for years to come. Melo is a known scorer with high fg% and his rebounding improved this year. Your team's fate for next year though will depend on the kind of season Ming and Bynum will have. Yao has to show he can finish a season. Bynum will have to prove he can be as productive with Pau around. As for the rest of your crew, Durant will have to show some maturity in his shot selection otherwise, your team will never dominate the fg% category (and you actually should, with Melo and Yao being high percentage guys). Deng ought to be better next year.( The Bulls were a disappointment this year, especially Hinrich). Bargnani? He is an enigma. So promising and yet so inconsistent. Perhaps this year was all about the sophomore jinx for him?

speaking of fantasy keepers, ano kaya ang kulang sa team ko dun ajb? 2 straight seasons out of the playoffs...
Edited by agentjackbauer

Managed to make the score a bit more respectable, 3-7. :lol:

Lets make it official:

3rd MTC NBA Premier League

First : Gwapogi (becomes League Commissioner for next season)

Second: Agentjackbauer

Third : Ayasadai

Congrats to the winners and all the other managers!! Huge props to Jumpman and MTC Saints who jumped right in from the D-League and finished a strong 4th and 5th, respectively. It was a fun, competitive season.

Until next season!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Congrats to gwaps, agentjackbauer and ayasadai. I believe we will be fielding a strong contingent for next year's Champion's League. :) Congrats also to the rest of us who fell short, it was a great season. I learned a lot from a fantasy perspective. I've been reading this thread since the first season and it's come a long long way.

Also, let me be the first to welcome those coming up from the D-League next year. Till next season guys. :thumbsupsmiley:

Participants for Champions League s.3

Champs League s.2 Champion - KobeWanKenobi / Kobe69Cheerleaders / Solar (handle / team name / forum represented)

Champs League s.2 Runner up - gwapogi / Chain Gang / MTC

Champs League s.2 3rd placer - john_paul_manahan / Ateneo LA Clippers / Solar

Forum league - forum handle / team name

Solar Champion - j_xaint / J-Zizzle

Solar Runner up - adiksau / TheRejects

MTC Premier League Champion - gwapogi (to be replace by 3rd placer ayasadai/The A Team)

MTC Premier League Runner up - agentjackbauer / skyhook

MTC D-League Champion - chad_moneyshot / VL Salle

MTC D-League Runner-up - Ankiseth / Ankiseth

Mukamo! Champ - betamax / Team Kamote

Mukamo! Runner up - gift_of_game / House of Hoops

PEx - n/a

myPBA Champion - fernz / Falcons

myPBA Runner up - epenid / Temecula Redhawks

Commissioner

^ yes!

i'd expect you to be on my side on next year's draft ok? haha..

with that, i'd officially hire gwaps as my scouting consultant for next year's d-league draft.. impressive, knowing i'd be having the champion of the premier league backing me... heheh

i almost came close to coming back here.. just 3 missed FTs on the last day hurt my cause...

Edited by hoopburners