6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

thanks for the jermaine tip, ajb... will hold to him for the meanwhile...

and btw, u've mentioned some pages back - my team's got muscle - well, i'd beg to disagree... my supposedly best big man, aldridge, i becoming eddy curry 08, oak's in a board / time share with nazr right now, j-smoove and j-boone's too freakin' erratic... most reliable big on my team is brad miller, and he aint anywhere near the likes of camby / kaman / chandler / dwight howard...

As of this writing, you are number 1 in total rebs, number 1 in total blocks. You got a 12-6 record in the rebound category and a league-best 14-3 record in blocks.

No matter how you cut it, the stats bear me out. Your team has a lot of muscle, he he:-)

really? in rebounds?

man... honestly, i didn't know that...

the blocks, well, i have a slight idea i guess...

Today's game between Toronto and the Magic shows Hedo's value. The dude has more assists than Calderon. He should have gotten that All-Star spot instead of Rasheed or Ray Allen, IMHO.

the fan boy in me says Allen deserved the spot even without the eye-popping stats we know he could give. Sheed, on the other hand, just plain out said he didn't want or even think of going to the weekend before Stern chose him. the Pistons though deserve the recognition of sending out more than one (or was that 2) representative to the All-Star games for they have had a continuing success of being a great team out of the Eastern Conference and that obviously Sheed plays a big part of...

regarding the trade, maybe we can call it as the deadline rush... :D

but seriously, I desperately need a PG and I almost accepted the Arenas offer by Cal! last week for Hedo... I need the Asst, FT% and A/T boost that Calderon can give my team and I honestly feel that the FTM, Rebs and Pts that I will lose with the departure of Hedo can be taken care of by my mainmen LBJ and Superman.....

at wag kayo mawalan ng pag-asa mga bro, remember 2 seasons ago, i also had a star studded team that dominated the league for the entire elimination period pero after the 1st round bye, olats na sa 2nd round.... hindi natin alam kung ano mangyayari sa playoffs, baka biglang may magpahinga sa team ni gwaps for the "real" nba playoffs, hehehe!

regarding the trade, maybe we can call it as the deadline rush... :D

but seriously, I desperately need a PG and I almost accepted the Arenas offer by Cal! last week for Hedo... I need the Asst, FT% and A/T boost that Calderon can give my team and I honestly feel that the FTM, Rebs and Pts that I will lose with the departure of Hedo can be taken care of by my mainmen LBJ and Superman.....

at wag kayo mawalan ng pag-asa mga bro, remember 2 seasons ago, i also had a star studded team that dominated the league for the entire elimination period pero after the 1st round bye, olats na sa 2nd round.... hindi natin alam kung ano mangyayari sa playoffs, baka biglang may magpahinga sa team ni gwaps for the "real" nba playoffs, hehehe!

yeah boy... actually, from the onset, my strategy is to draft players that will be playing for the longhaul... i mean, being victimized by the "annual kevin garnett pre-playoffs hiatus" left me with so many things to ponder...

looking at my boys, i dont see anyone sitting it out besides brad miller... most of them are young & hungry (paul, j-smoove, j-boone, granger, etc.), playing for contracts (carter, okafor) and proven ironmen (jj - except last season, parker)...

well, if all things go as planned, well... :rolleyes:

I expect Paul to sit out a/some game/s but I'm not sure it would matter as they'd probably the final one or two games of the season for the Hornets...

actually, that is one of my fears...

...however, with the uber tight western conference playoff race, i doubt even if cp3 will rest... heck, if sactown turns it on, even brad may be in for the race...

however, as far as the paul thing is concerned... well... there's a reason why i have 2 other pg's in my team (nelson, carter), 2 demi pg's (jj and possibly hedo) and a good passing big (brad)... :hypocritesmiley:

edit:

though, if there's one thing i might regret, well, it is drafting aldridge... i hate that guy... wussy...

Edited by gwapogi

calderon playing fantastic right now.... well... bon voyage dude... i wouldn't be here w/o you...

edit:

man, if i only played my PG's (nelson, carter) instead of boone & parker, i would've locked up the A/T for the week (with the phenomenal dime totals)...

Edited by gwapogi
“It was good to beat them in the regular season and win the series, but this is a team we’re probably going to see in the playoffs,” said Paul Pierce, who scored 15 points. “They’ll be a better team by then.”

this is the kind of brash, misguided talk that will undo the C's in the 2nd round (against LeBron and the Cavs).

I can't help but shake my head just reading it.

c'mon now Truth, you ain't done nothing yet and you very well know it.