6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

^^^ actually, i'm laying out any combination of joe johnson + anthony parker / lamarcus aldridge for him... no, im not offering larry hughes or jameer or josh boone as fillers - it would be far from fair... coz i'm serious at it...

look at this

jj + parker = will give you the combined scoring, rebounds, perhaps better assists and lesser TO's, and much more 3's that black mamba himself... not a bad deal if you would look at the numbers rather than the names...

jj + aldridge = its like getting a virtual complete player (scores, rebs, asts, stls, blk) for one... same as above, but instead of better 3's, LMA will guarantee blocks production / better interior stats , and is known as a 2nd half sensation...

hook me up, just in case...

^^^ hehehe... scary... bird-to-bird violence...

anyway, moving back...

looking @ saints' lineup... i think it'd be better for him to dig my jj + aldridge offer... why? though jj aint really a 1, his addition will bring a solid, reliable PG eligible guy... and well, he's kinda shallow in the PF spot (drew? noah? well...)

just lobbyin'...

geez.

the Suns really are quitting on Marion and his off-court brattiness. I don't freakin' believe this.

plus O'Neal will start wearing Orange/Purple/Grey.

was Steve Kerr seen anywhere near Memphis lately?

actually, its a no brainer for miami...

get rid of an aging big heading south... figuratively, literally, whatever... get an athletic wing who can compliment your franchise 2 guard and hope that the balls bounce your way come june (and perhaps get a similar combo forward - who's the next lefty sensation as they say)...

...and as for phx... anyone expecting shaq to play for them??? i have a hunch that big diesel will call it a career this season or next... though if he plays for them, well, it'd be interesting...

and steve kerr's either a genius or nuts... or forced to clear cap...

talk about loyalty...

Shaq should just retire as a Heat for them to enjoy the benefits of the cap relief...

on the contrary, being traded will help miami more...

why?

they get an all star in marion, a solid back-up G in banks, and they get a bit more promising w/ a lottery pick...

if shaq retires in miami prior to being traded, then... they get cap relief, yeah... but remember chicago post skiles era? tons of cap, no free agent wanna come in... its a total mess there...

actually, its a no brainer for miami...

get rid of an aging big heading south... figuratively, literally, whatever... get an athletic wing who can compliment your franchise 2 guard and hope that the balls bounce your way come june (and perhaps get a similar combo forward - who's the next lefty sensation as they say)...

they can actually opt NOT to keep Marion---he can get out of his deal next year anyway.

and if they do that and he walks---that's a whole lot of cap space which they can use to sign someone else, probably steal a frustrated, young, up-and-comer (what up Iggy?).

so yeah, it does work---at least on Miami's end of things.

it's just interesting what the Suns get out of this aside from the business end of things.

and even more intriguing---how the Shaq/Nash kinetic happens with some disparaging words coming from Big after Nash won his MVP a few years back.

on the contrary, being traded will help miami more...

why?

they get an all star in marion, a solid back-up G in banks, and they get a bit more promising w/ a lottery pick...

if shaq retires in miami prior to being traded, then... they get cap relief, yeah... but remember chicago post skiles era? tons of cap, no free agent wanna come in... its a total mess there...

but getting to play with Wade would be a great enough benefit for any FA to come and play in South Beach too. with the watered down big men in the East, no diss to Howard or even KG, I think Brand or maybe even Wilcox can do great things when teamed up with Dwyane...

but getting to play with Wade would be a great enough benefit for any FA to come and play in South Beach too. with the watered down big men in the East, no diss to Howard or even KG, I think Brand or maybe even Wilcox can do great things when teamed up with Dwyane...

well, won't it be better to re-sign an in-house marion w/c is a better fit to wade and run and gun than any of the 2 mentioned...

^re-signing Marion might cost them a bit more than they'd want.

word out is that he was asking Kerr for superstar money approaching 20 mil/year spread over a new long term deal last summer. this might be a bit risky since the Matrix will be approaching the the tail end of his prime soon enough.

and for someone with a game built around energy and athletic skill, it's gonna be ugly.

so if they can steal away Iggy at the same or Deng at a smaller tag price, well, I'd roll the dice on either one instead.

Edited by gift_of_game
^re-signing Marion might cost them a bit more than they'd want.

word out is that he was asking Kerr for superstar money approaching 20 mil/year spread over a new long term deal last summer. this might be a bit risky since the Matrix will be approaching the the tail end of his prime soon enough.

and for someone with a game built around energy and athletic skill, it's gonna be ugly.

so if they can steal away Iggy at the same or Deng at a smaller tag price, well, I'd roll the dice on either one instead.

i dunno... iggy commands the ball the same way wade does... so does deng... not considering cash, i say still get matrix...

but i think a change of scenario, a chance to be a pippen to a jordan, and good beach could make marion come to his senses and realize less cash can make them compete with the C's (celtics, cleveland) and the D (detroit) of the east...

^

it's gonna be even more difficult to build around Wade-Marion since the front office would be tied down by Marion's contract.

I'd probably give this a smaller window as well---3 years but more than enough to make it to a middle-of-the-road seed in the East, possibly get into a conference final by year 2 depending on how the pieces around them shake out.

Blount/Haslem/Marion/Wade/Banks

---this is not a bad lineup at all (moreso out East) but it does limit their options for the future.

I just have this inkling that Iggy won't get the superstar deal he wants so if he ends up with something in the 10-14 mil/yr range off a BYC and Miami pushes the issue and succeeds in stealing him away from Philly, they still have enough cap space to fetch a useful piece down the road, possibly dealing Ricky Davis for better complementary pieces to shore up the frontcourt.

Blount/Haslem/Iggy/Wade/Banks

---not bad either.

^^Iggy's not really suited to be the numero uno player as his game is really more of an all around second fiddle much like Pip. same thing can be said for Luol IMHO...

but yeah, seeing Marion's finished product and Wade already showing how great he can be when 100% healthy will probably make more sense than waiting for Iguodala/Deng to be come the consistent offensive beast they can be. though it would be wiser to go with the younger legs especially with the Heat already having gone the opposite direction already the past couple of years...

Edited by cheeselogger