6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

The Lakers have acquired Pau Gasol in a three-player trade with the Grizzlies, SI.com has confirmed.

The deal, which was first reported by the Memphis Commercial Appeal, sends Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie and first-round picks in 2008 and 2010. The Grizzlies also will receive the draft rights to Pau's brother Marc, the Lakers' second-round pick in the 2007 draft.

** Commish AJB,

my trade with bro rip will reflect on sunday if not vetoed... paki ayos na lang yung line up ko on sunday if needed, though i dont think it will affect my setup since fisher is my lone guy playing on sunday.... just to be sure lang, tambak ako kay cal! eh, hehehe!

thanks bro! ;)

^yeah, I got that. I actually said more of the same in the Lakers thread.

it's not that bad for a cash-strapped club like the Grizz if we're thinking long-term---provided of course that they get to make all the right moves in between.

it just tends to eat at me thinking whether there was a better deal out there for them.

anyway, moving on...

Lakers-Celtics finals?!?!?!

pwedeng pwede!

Edited by gift_of_game
^yeah, I got that. I actually said more of the same in the Lakers thread.

it's not that bad for a cash-strapped club like the Grizz if we're thinking long-term---provided of course that they get to make all the right moves in between.

it just tends to eat at me thinking whether there was a better deal out there for them.

anyway, moving on...

Lakers-Celtics finals?!?!?!

pwedeng pwede!

exactly why it has david stern written all over it...

want more trippy ideas?

the biggest reason why Stern can't mess with the Knicks is `coz, according to some sources, Stern still owes Zeke bigtime.

for what?

well, as you all well know, Zeke chaired the CBA for a while (some say that he acted as Stern's agent in this whole affair) and successfully put it out of business.

and in doing so, this paved the way for the NBA to put up its very own D-League.

I don't believe this hand-me-down tale either but it's out there...

I thought Stern wanted Zeke out of NY already? last I read he was putting a lot of pressure for Dolan to fire Zeke and start cleaning up the once-fabled franchise?

Believe it, Dave wants to make it happen.

He admits that he could've levied a whole caboodle of fines and penalties on the team for all the improprieties they've pulled so far--GOODELL style--- if he wanted to. But the thing is, he's done exactly jack about it.

this may very well be his way of handling things, he just doesn't want to get it bigger than it already is.

ahem, again, Goodell-style.

even Letterman takes shots at them: "If I wanted to see some clowns, I'd go to watch a Knicks game."