6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Congrats Blankface & Jumpman! :)

meron pa D-League next year!

===

D-Leaguers..

gawin natin si Uncuts or hoops ang commish.. Oks ba?

medyo busy na sa training kaya "inactive' ako sa pag-post. :)

kayang-kaya ni hoops yan... :)

Oo nga hoops... kaw nalang commish ng d-league next season!

naku.. flattered naman ako dito.. wag nyo namang ipilit, baka seryosohin ko yan.. heheh :D

seriously, basta may d-league ok ako jan.. yung commish, si fatso muna unless magkaroon ng vote (daanin natin sa magandang sistema.. heheh). pero kung ako maging commish, required kayong lahat makipag-trade sa akin.. hehe jok lang..

peace!

oist, congrats bro gwaps at commish ajb.. kahit sino manalo sa inyo pareho pa rin kayong winners... :cool:

Current read: Head-to-Head Uncertainty Principle; "No Collusion, No Veto Policy"

Authoring: Principles of the Trade and Veto: Not only a supply & demand issue

-->care to enlighten us on these perceptions bro? :cool:

Here is the H2H Uncertainty Principle. And I found out about it when we were already mid-season in our NBA league. I was punting the BLKs cat and as per this principle it was never a good idea. But hey, it nearly worked for me. :D

The Head-to-Head Uncertainty Principle

In quantum theory, the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle tells us that the more precisely we know a particle's position the less precisely we know its velocity, and vice versa. This has something to do with photons and wavelengths and the characteristics of very tiny things. But you probably didn't come here to get tips for your fantasy quantum physics league. So let's get to baseball.

The head-to-head uncertainty principle tells us that when the season is parsed into week-long slices, we can't accurately predict any individual player's performance. It's only seven days. Baseball is a game in which it literally takes years for a player's true ability to express itself. Over a full season, we can confidently say that Mariano Rivera will get 35 saves, Juan Pierre will steal 45 bases, Adam Dunn will hit 40 homers, and a healthy Chris Carpenter will win at least 15 games. But what will those guys do next week? Maybe nothing. Maybe a lot. None of them can guarantee you a win in any stat in a given week. If you want to regularly win a category, get multiple players who excel in that category. Redundancy is key. Don't simply rely on one player's proficiency in any given area. They won't distribute their stats evenly throughout the season. Nobody does that. Players tend to binge, then fast.

To better understand the uncertainty principle, let's take a look at an elite base stealer. Carl Crawford led the American League in thefts last year with 58. He's a top-tier fantasy outfielder and a clear first-round pick. Basically, Crawford is to fantasy experts what the ACC is to Dick Vitale: an institution with mythic talent that cannot be overhyped. In roto leagues you can draft Crawford and feel confident that you've addressed stolen bases to a reasonable extent. No need to think much about them in your later picks, really. If you accidentally get a couple more league-average base stealers, you're no worse than middle of the pack. But head-to-head leagues are trickier. You can't lean on any individual player too heavily. Take a look at Crawford's stolen base totals from April 2006:

Week One: 1 SB

Week Two: 2 SB

Week Three: 1 SB

Week Four: 2 SB

Useful, sure. But two stolen bases are never enough to win the category. If you don't have other sources for steals, you lose. Crawford did have an eight-steal week in May, though. That was probably more than enough to win the week. Later in the year he posted a six-steal week and a five-steal week – that's a third of his total stolen bases in only three weeks, for those keeping score. After a three-steal game against Boston on July 5, Crawford stole exactly one base over his next 26 games. That's four weeks with only one steal. It happens. It's not unique to Crawford. He can certainly help you in head-to-head leagues, but don't expect him or anyone else to single-handedly deliver a bunch of category wins. That takes redundancy. If you're determined to control steals every week (which is kind of silly, because steals aren't strongly correlated with other categories), you need to draft multiple guys who are better than league average.

Even though one guy by himself can't win a category very often, one guy is still better than no guy. Don't use the head-to-head uncertainty principle as justification to totally ignore a category in your league. That's never advisable.

The "No collusion, no veto policy" employed in some fantasy leagues state that as long as there is no cheating (one team dumping his better players to another team), trades shouldn't be vetoed.

The question of course is how to prove "pre-meditated" connivance between the two GMs.

The one I'm authoring, I haven't finished yet. It's about the "NCNV Policy" and how it affects league balance or to put it properly league imbalance, 2 for 1 trades, when is the best time to make a trade, etc etc.

:cool:

What a stupid decision on my part not to play Chris Bosh in the dynasty league finals against PBP. Blocks and fg% are close and Bosh could definitely help me in those categories. Might cost me the finals. Damn, damn.

As is usual in finals match-up which cover the final round of the regular season, DNPs will determine the fate of teams in the finals. I dont remember if the option is available for a commissioner to choose to have the finals week during the penultimate week (instead of the final) of the NBA regular season. That way, may katuturan pa ang mga laro at maiiwasan ang mga DNPs.

Congrats to Gwapogi and Snitch Devil, mukhang dalawang talo ako sa finals. Sawi.Bigo.

Oh well, at least nakaabot sa finals. Pampalubag loob na lang yun sa akin.

Edited by agentjackbauer

Really cant win 'em all I guess. Under one yahoo i.d. I have, (good for 4 fantasy basketball teams), Im in the finals of 3 (out of 4) and in the fight for 3rd in the other. Im almost sure to win 2 of three finals match-up while Im poised to lose the MTC finals (yeah, ang lakas ng kutob ko). My fight for 3rd in my other league is close to too call as well, halos every day palitan kami ng lamang. Thus, Im poised to win 2 leagues, finish 3rd or 4th in another and finish either second or first in the MTC league which, if it happens (and i doubt it will), will make it 3 out of 4 for me. Worse case, 2 out of 4, pwede na rin. Dapat ikatuwa na.

Edited by agentjackbauer

Gwaps,

If you win the fg% and the 3s and I get the blocks department, the score will be 6-5 in my favor. Extremely close right now.

I started the day with a lead of 2 in the 3PTM category. Your team has made 6 3s thus far with your Devin Harris and Luke Walton still playing. My team has also made 6 3s today with Odom and Garcia still playing (lousy game from Deron Williams!!!!!).

I have a lead of one in the blocks department. So far, your team has not made any. Odom has two for today. As for fg%, Baron Davis' fg% (3-14 so far) is killing my team. I just hope he hits a couple of 3s to compensate. Good thing for me though is that JRich and Harrington are having decent shooting nights thus far. I just hope that one of my Nellie boys will give me an extra block shot or two.

Edited by agentjackbauer

well, i already knew it since the day kevin garnett went for vacation...

you win commish... :D

with KG (my all), steph (my "next" all), ,darko (my blocks), posey (my 3's) and even motha freakin' udoka not playing, i really have no chance of winning... 10 mins from tayshaun didn't help, too...

well, if there's any consolation, i guess this time, my FPJ predictions came true :boo: