6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

awww f#&k...

1st day of a bad scheduled week and i'm down 2-9... CRAP!!!

...IMO, if nash is injured, PBP has the right to call of the trade... i mean, it's not yet finalized, no steve nash stat contributed to his team yet, and, it's not like he's giving up mike james or something...

...let's do it right, guys...

I don't know guys.

Of course, it would be too risky for me to get an injured Nash, but I'm also considering that when we conceived the idea of a 3-team trade all the players involved are healthy.

But as for me, I'm still leaning towards that trade.

But still..........

So I need your help and thoughts about this, including chu's and commish's.

Thanks.

PBP, this is my take...

why go for another point guard? you already have delonte west, monta ellis (injured?) & rondo (who is perhaps a filler at the moment, but read more)... you could gamble on comeback of PG's like jason williams (via FA) or brevin knight (via trade) or even f#&kin' mike james (via trade) which would cost you less than okafor & j-ho - both w/c have cost you a certain guy named kobe bryant (one which you value)...

...remember, our league leader & reigning champ, rip city, only has a single legit PG - billups - on his line-up (duhon is in the dog house, barry is a sub - and by no means a true PG) - still, he's making things happen... play with your strengths, man...

in that scenario, you would've virtually traded kobe & sean may for nash & david lee... still, i believe the pieces involved in the 3 team trade is quite equal (by combination or by single value)...

... but still, you've already hit the jackpot on the j-ho / okafor deal - why not test your team for a couple of weeks before you push for another trade???

...still, it's your choice... no beef on y'all GM's out there... just my piece for a playa'...

I don't know guys.

Of course, it would be too risky for me to get an injured Nash, but I'm also considering that when we conceived the idea of a 3-team trade all the players involved are healthy.

But as for me, I'm still leaning towards that trade.

But still..........

So I need your help and thoughts about this, including chu's and commish's.

Thanks.

it's still up to you bro. i'll be getting knight who still not playing but i'm still all for it.

if you want to veto it, do it now or forever hold your piece.. hahah parang kasal ah..

ang sa akin lang, i won't trade nash if i'm not getting marion. period.

and i'm happy if i'd still keep him even he's injured. though di naman ganun kalala injury nya. max 1 week. plus the all star break siguro then good to go..

wait for commish too. but i'm sure he'd be glad to cancel this one too....

as for the trade, everyone wanted someone as per the clauses of the trade. pbp wants another pg and nash is the best there is right now. commish needs shakeup. plus me, the initiator, is dying for some marion lovin.. heheh :mtc:

F********************CCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Injured si NASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBP,

If you want to veto the trade because Nash is injured then by all means let your wish be known immediately. I'd be glad to keep my Marion and Knight naman eh. But if your reason for vetoing is because you are having second thoughts about the trade because of the points made (for example) by gwapogi that you dont need another pg and you are better off with what you have now, then I think that is not a valid reason to call for a veto. You made the decision to trade for a pg when we talked. Remember, ako pa nga yung ayaw di ba coz I really wanted to hold on to Knight.

Honestly, it doesnt seem as if Nash's injury is serious. But if you want a veto due to his injury then by all means. Just say the word.

I say stick with it...

you guys decided on the trade in "good faith" before any other injury happened on the players involved. it would be quite unfair, IMHO, to push through with a deal then all of a sudden back off it because something bad happened. kinda being harsh and cruel here but I just think it would set a bad precedent on all other trades in the future that will be worked too hard on to be done and with just an unforeseen and unfortunate incident that occurs, the deal doesn't push through...

just my two cents though...

i will go with whatever the 3 of them decide.. but as hoops said, better let it out now.. if the current trade should push thru on feb 9, the other trade must push thru also..

yeah... believe it or not, despite my opinions, i've never clicked on the VOTE AGAINST TRADE button...

...just let us know...

I'm fine with the TRADE.

I just need your thoughts about it.

As I've said on my post, I am still leaning towards the trade even if Nash is injured.

My PREMISE is simple, when we conceived the idea of this trade, everyone is healthy, period. I am a MAN of HONOR (bwhahahahaha)

well, then... it is as good as done!!!

...btw, still interested in mike james :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nash to sit out Portland game with sore shoulder

February 6, 2007

PHOENIX (AP) -- All-Star point guard Steve Nash will miss the Phoenix Suns' game at Portland on Tuesday night because of inflammation in his right shoulder.

The NBA's two-time defending MVP didn't play in the second half of the Suns' 113-108 victory in Denver on Monday night.

That didn't stop him from lecturing his teammates after a lethargic first half. The team responded with a strong second half for its 38th victory of the season.

Nash said he first felt soreness in the shoulder when he got out of bed Thursday and it has worsened since.

After Tuesday's game, the Suns don't play again until Friday, when they are home against Atlanta.

Nash is averaging career highs of 19.3 points and an NBA-leading 11.8 assists per game.

---

he'll be fine after the all-star break...

Edited by teio
PBP, this is my take...

why go for another point guard? you already have delonte west, monta ellis (injured?) & rondo (who is perhaps a filler at the moment, but read more)... you could gamble on comeback of PG's like jason williams (via FA) or brevin knight (via trade) or even f#&kin' mike james (via trade) which would cost you less than okafor & j-ho - both w/c have cost you a certain guy named kobe bryant (one which you value)...

...remember, our league leader & reigning champ, rip city, only has a single legit PG - billups - on his line-up (duhon is in the dog house, barry is a sub - and by no means a true PG) - still, he's making things happen... play with your strengths, man...

in that scenario, you would've virtually traded kobe & sean may for nash & david lee... still, i believe the pieces involved in the 3 team trade is quite equal (by combination or by single value)...

... but still, you've already hit the jackpot on the j-ho / okafor deal - why not test your team for a couple of weeks before you push for another trade???

...still, it's your choice... no beef on y'all GM's out there... just my piece for a playa'...

Couldn't said any better gwaps.

As always, a very objective post.

One word, why I am pushing for this trade, BALANCE!!!!!!!

My line-up boast a great frontcourt in OKAFOR, BIGBEN, BIEDRINS, MILICIC, VILLANUEVA, whom can all generate REBOUNDS and BLOCKS for me.

So giving one of them is a no brainer. At the end of the week, leading by 1 reb/blk or 30 rebs/blks is one and the same. You win that category.

As far as I can see, my line-up badly need ASSISTS (hand in hand with A/T ratio) and 3 pointers (I'm glad that Rashard is already nearing his comeback, because this f*cking Korver is making me sick lately).

And Nash can definitely rack me needed ASSISTS, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM.

Giving j-ho is just GRAVY. Howard, as versatile as Marion, will not give me ASSISTS and 3PTM, he will give me REBOUNDS, STEALS and others but not ASSIST which I badly need.

Now in getting David Lee, it will still solidify the REBS that I will be missing when Okafor and J-ho leaves. A workhorse and will also solidify my FG% category.

All in all, I think this trade will REALLY benefit me (and the other GMs involved) in the long run.

Mind you, I am not after the playoffs (but entering the playoffs is still mathematically possible!), I just want to make it as descent as possible.

By getting NASH and LEE for KOBE, nuff said! Now, my team has IDENTITY again, Thanks NASH!

My 2 cents.