6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Doc Steve Alexander's fantasy NBA notes

Utah Jazz

My email inbox is full of Andrei Kirilenko notes right now, as desperate owners are dropping him at an alarming rate. And other owners are suddenly seeing AK on waivers are licking their chops, rightfully so. I don't know if or when he's going to get it together, but I think he can be cut right now. However, I'm not actually recommending that in most cases, and if he is dropped in your league, you have to think about getting him. He can't be this bad all year, can he? The Jazz visit the Pistons tonight, and AK will have his hands full with Chris Webber and Rasheed Wallace.

NOK Hornets

Jannero Pargo, Desmond Mason and Rasual Butler all had nice games again last night, and fantasy owners continue to be amazed by the fact these guys actually have fantasy value. Pargo scored 25 points, Butler had a double-double and Mason just missed one in a loss to the Magic. Devin Brown had 11 points and four steals, but hit just 3-of-17 shots from the floor. Ouch! Peja Stojakovic said last night that he hopes to play again this season, which is not good news if you own him. David West, on the other hand, says he hopes to be back in action a week from now, but it remains to be seen as to what kind of shape he's in.

may bagong news...

Lamar Odom will likely return to the Lakers' lineup next week.

There had been some talk that his knee injury could sideline him until February, but it appears that Odom will be back much before then. Brian Cook's value will likely decrease as a result.

Sent offers to Josh, Roughnecks, Launchpad, Rip City and Boomtown Bucks

damn commish, your making my fantasy NBA GM life a little bit more harder!

hehehe

as I really need some help up front, I'm inclined not to tinker with my lineup yet as it has been giving me some good performances the past few weeks...

can I just get back to you on this?

Hirap makipag-trade. Yung ibang mga pinadalhan ko ng offers, reject agad without any counteroffer. Mukhang masaya na kayo sa team nyo ah. Naiinis ako sa impatience ko. Didnt hang on to Delonte West kahit na alam ko na one week lang talaga sya mawawala. Ayun nakuha na ni Chain Gang (GoG or Gwapogi, until now di ko alam, haha). Maganda value ni West lalo na at Pierce will be out until after the All-Star Break.

From fanball

The News

Paul Pierce could remain sidelined until the All Star break because of the stress reaction in his left foot. "They're treating it like a break," Pierce said in an interview with Fox Sports New England. "It's close to a break. At the beginning, everybody thought it was going to be like two or three weeks. But as time went on, we've been taking X-rays every week, and it's been worse than everybody thought."

Our View

The Celtics have 14 games before the All Star break, and it now appears probable that Pierce will miss most, if not all, of those games. Fantasy owners don't have much choice but to hang on to Pierce until he returns, unless they are willing to part with their fantasy stud while his value is at its lowest.

J. O'Neal on the move?

According to Hoopsworld.com, informed sources near the Pacers suggest that Jermaine O'Neal could be on the verge of being traded.

A move reportedly is likely this summer, but something could come down before the trade deadline that involves Marcus Camby or Brad Miller. The rumor suggests that Camby would then be shipped to a third team. A trade involving O'Neal obviously would have great impact upon the fantasy landscape; stay tuned for more on this situation. Jan. 19 - 7:06 pm et

Source: hoopsworld.com

Hirap makipag-trade. Yung ibang mga pinadalhan ko ng offers, reject agad without any counteroffer. Mukhang masaya na kayo sa team nyo ah. Naiinis ako sa impatience ko. Didnt hang on to Delonte West kahit na alam ko na one week lang talaga sya mawawala. Ayun nakuha na ni Chain Gang (GoG or Gwapogi, until now di ko alam, haha). Maganda value ni West lalo na at Pierce will be out until after the All-Star Break.

well... just got lucky... tuned in to the game and saw red west playing...

...and speaking of west - david west just played... good for g0g... hehehe...