6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

iverson-melo combo. matindi. sabi sa analysis, their respective fantasy values will not take that much of a hit since there will enough shots to go around. that remains to be seen though. for now, sure na talaga ang pagtaas ng value ni AI2 with AI1 not being traded for a superstar. May pass-first pg na si AI2 with Andre Miller around.

I'm guessing it would only be JR Smith who's gonna lose some fantasy value...

... once he comes back from suspension though...

I'm guessing it would only be JR Smith who's gonna lose some fantasy value...

... once he comes back from suspension though...

the question is always be who can ride with iverson style of play, for years we have seen a lot of good and above average sulked and wasted in the process of playing with AI. but remember when they got to the nba finals there were games iverson was dishing assist! one game he even dished out 16 assists. i was shock to see he can pass.

i think melo is a gifted offensive players, when you see him in his rookie year compare to lebron, melo was a much more smooth operator. teammates could be a reason but denver always struggled that time, i was really watching and the moves could show in an offense style of play lebron always likes to run while melo is the manipulator of moves inside and out set plays. of course i never like melo for his 20-0-0 stats then.

fantasy value melo might get affected a little bit but all i know is compare to AI, he needs less shots to get his groove unlike iverson who needs 15-30 shots a night to get his game going. most probably camby is gonna get a lot of rebs but in the process jr smith numbers might get hit the most. gosh! bye bye 30 pts a game for melo and iverson gulp! someone teach melo to rebound more and even block shots for a change

I need everyone's expert opinion on this as your input will be very much appreciated...

I've just been propped in one of my leagues:

LeBron James and Shaun Livingston (other team)

for

Gilbert Arenas and Dre Iguodala (my team)

I would love to pull the trigger and get the King, sure, and if this were one for one, it'd be brainless as Arenas has a knack to tune out on the road (making that 60-point barrage in LALA land extra special).

But Dre Ig's on the cusp of getting to the next level and at best, he'd be a poor man's LBJ...I love Shaunboy's ceiling as well but consistency seems to be a problem for this young buck.

So if you were in my shoes, deal or no deal ba tayo dito? :unsure:

p.s.

the only other player I want on the other dude's roster is chauncey billups. i'm not too sure kung kakagat yung loko pero hmm...what if...

GoG,

It would help if you tell us your team's strengths and weaknesses, the composition of the rest of your team and if you are in a roto or hth league.

But without those inputs, I'd say: Stick with your duo. You'd be surprised, but in a league such as ours which has more than 8 categories, Arenas is ranked higher than Lebron. The only clear-cut edge Lebron has over Arenas is that he shoots better from the field and he gets more rebs. In the other categories, Arenas either has a clear edge or both are practically dead even.

What would tempt me though is Livingston's upside. Nakakalaway ang stats nya recently. Inggit nga ako sa nakakuha sa kanya sa liga natin.

i would say if you want billups then get i think you have an upper hand,

kse why he wants arenas and andre iguo is because one thing andre is the fanstasy pickup with iverson leaving. a lot of players are waiting for the assist man at philly. imagine webber and korver and igou hehehe and andre of all has the all around game.

arenas also a star man, who else can you get from washington that is consistent and inconsistent when hell break lose! hahaha

i would say if you want billups then get i think you have an upper hand,

kse why he wants arenas and andre iguo is because one thing andre is the fanstasy pickup with iverson leaving. a lot of players are waiting for the assist man at philly. imagine webber and korver and igou hehehe and andre of all has the all around game.

arenas also a star man, who else can you get from washington that is consistent and inconsistent when hell break lose! hahaha

Kung walang A/T category, GoG does not need to get Billups.

Zach and Murphy both out due to injuries. Argh. :cry:

Edited by agentjackbauer

Thanks commish and cheese...my squad's currently at the top of this other league:

Here's my team:

Luke Ridnour

Andre Iguodala

Devin Harris

Matt Barnes

Hakim Warrick

Josh Smith

Al Jefferson

Tim Duncan

Luke Walton

Ricky Davis

Gilbert Arenas

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Charlie Bell

The other guy's team:

Stephon Marbury

Jamal Crawford

Kevin Martin

LeBron James

Chris Webber

Marvin Williams

Carlos Boozer

Zaza Pachulia

Ron Artest

Chauncey Billups

Zach Randolph

Shaun Livingston

Corey Maggette

My team's doing awfully well in pts, rebs, asts and stls (only 1 loss for all 4 categories over the past 7 weeks); but otherwise mediocre everywhere else. It's especially pathetic with TO's and 3PTM (2 wins combined)---which is just why I tabbed Barnes and Bell.

CBills, Martin and Boozer sure are enticing options...

*(This is an H2H league and we only have 9 categories: FG% FT% 3PTM PTS REB AST ST BLK TO)

Thanks commish and cheese...my squad's currently at the top of this other league:

My team's doing awfully well in pts, rebs, asts and stls (only 1 loss for all 4 categories over the past 7 weeks); but otherwise mediocre everywhere else. It's especially pathetic with TO's and 3PTM (2 wins combined)---which is just why I tabbed Barnes and Bell.

CBills, Martin and Boozer sure are enticing options...

*(This is an H2H league and we only have 9 categories: FG% FT% 3PTM PTS REB AST ST BLK TO)

looking at your team, I would say that rebounds would probably the source of 1 loss for the 4 cats you mentioned and I'd agree with commish's analysis of the stats, as he is better with the exact numbers. I'd stick with my first advice that you try out first if he'd bite the LBJ-CBills offer. Chauncey will surely help in the 3ptM and TO's and it would be really smart to sell AI2 high. if he doesn't accept, I still like your chances with your current team especially with Al Jefferson who's taking advantage of the PT available in Beantown...

Stay put pare. Lebron wont be able to help you in the categories na mediocre ang team mo such as ft% and blocks. With Arenas gone, hihina ka pa nga sa 3s nyan.

That being said, I would understand though why you would want to accept the offer. Having Tim and Lebron in one team is a mouth-watering possibility indeed.

mouth-watering with saliva drying up din naman ung duncan-arenas combo ah.. heheh

Stay put pare. Lebron wont be able to help you in the categories na mediocre ang team mo such as ft% and blocks. With Arenas gone, hihina ka pa nga sa 3s nyan.

That being said, I would understand though why you would want to accept the offer. Having Tim and Lebron in one team is a mouth-watering possibility indeed.

i totally agree... reality-wise, that would be fantastic...!!!

...fantasy-wise, stick with your horses... AI2 (or should i say, AI1, coz he's the main dog in philly now) would give you near lebron stats, perhaps between a -3 or -6(lesser by 3 or 6 pts) on all stats... but gil is the man, man... he's playing outta his mind right now... keep him... he'd give you better scores, 3's, FT's, FT%, assists (on some days) than LBJ, IMO...