6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Anybody wants Curry?

Eddy Money

By Chris Bracke (fanball.com)

Associate Editor

December 6, 2006 7:00 AM ET

The Knicks are hardly a powerhouse that provides fantasy owners with answers to their team's shortcomings. Over five seasons prior to the current one, only three Knicks (Allan Houston twice) have averaged over 20 points in a season. All of them have been guards, which makes the recent surge by center Eddy Curry that much more surprising.

2006-07 stats

Min/Gm PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% FT%

32 16.6 7.1 0.6 0.30 0.4 55% 56%

The Stat: Curry has topped 20 points in a career-best seven straight games.

The Quote: "He's playing great, really good basketball right now," guard Stephon Marbury told the New York Times regarding Curry. "When you've got a guy rolling like that, you've got to continue to ride him."

Fantasy Analysis: Curry began the season in our top 20 in five-cat and eight-cat formats, but just outside the realm of being a fantasy starter. Then the Knicks underwent an unforeseen makeover, placing more emphasis on post play and less on their guards, particularly on Marbury. That was the start of Curry's gaudy numbers.

To put into perspective the importance of his recent stretch of games over 20 points, he had just 12 games of 20 points or more last season. His team's commitment to continue getting him the ball is reason enough to assume he'll have plenty of opportunities to continue to be productive for fantasy owners. While there is truth the fact that the most impressive stretch of Curry's season has come while Channing Frye is sidelined by a sprained left ankle, but there was very little reason to believe that Frye would be a threat to Curry's playing time during his first 15 games.

Trend or Mirage? Curry's scoring

TREND

damn sched, it just gave the commish's team an additional advantage I don't think his team needs against my team...

Actually pare, the sked does not give my team any advantage. On the contrary, if Im not mistaken, your team will have a total of 43 games played for the entire week of our match-up. My team will only have 42. So lamang ka based on the sked. The only difference is that you will have 4 less games because Gasol isnt playing yet. Make that 5 since Allen didnt play today. But that has nothing to do with the sked anymore. :)

di naman masyado, halos pareho lang dami ng players natin na maglalaro this week.. partida pa nga dahil di pa naglalaro yung 03 connection mo na ang ngalan ay LeBron James at Carmelo Anthony. :boo:

masama nga ang kutob ko this week eh.. :upside:

hahaha, baka sabihin ni commish nag-FPJ na rin tayo, wehehe :lol:

Anybody wants Curry?

ako nga commish, kaso hindi ko alam kung sino gusto mo sa team ko..... o wala kang gusto? :blush: :D

o ayan commish, nag send ako ng offer sa yo, ewan ko lang kung type mo.... sa pagkakaalala ko, ayaw mo ng GAY sa line up mo.... :lol: send ka na lang ng counter..... :D

Masyadong lopsided pare. Curry is now the focal point of the Knicks offense and will continue to put up huge numbers. Si Gay naman... ano mangyayari (sa kanilang dalawa ni Warrick) pag bumalik na si Gasol.

Edited by agentjackbauer
Masyadong lopsided pare. Curry is now the focal point of the Knicks offense and will continue to put up huge numbers. Si Gay naman... ano mangyayari (sa kanilang dalawa ni Warrick) pag bumalik na si Gasol.

ako, mag-ooffer sana ako, kaso, baka di mo tanggapin... i know you need a PG...

marbury for curry...???

amf... naunahan ako ke shaun livingston... grrrr...

same here dood... 'yun nga lang... tigang na tigang ang team ko sa assists... talk about being dead last in that category... and nearly 200 assists behind the leader... :cry:

Commish, ayoko talaga kay Curry. Basically, I need a PG na mahilig sa assists. Kasi? Kulang na kulang ako sa assist. Damn!
ako, mag-ooffer sana ako, kaso, baka di mo tanggapin... i know you need a PG...

marbury for curry...???

amf... naunahan ako ke shaun livingston... grrrr...

Matindi ka talaga mag-offer pare. Napaisip ako. Di ko tuloy alam ang gagawin. :rolleyes:

o ayan commish, nag send ako ng offer sa yo, ewan ko lang kung type mo.... sa pagkakaalala ko, ayaw mo ng GAY sa line up mo.... :lol: send ka na lang ng counter..... :D

Curry for J-Ho? :hypocritesmiley:

^I actually meant the first day where you had 8 players playing and I had only 3 (not counting Gasol)...

and yeah, now my other top guy is now not playing. bottom of the standings, here I come...

crap, now it really got worse. Allen's out indefinitely...

talk about being ironic, I got my two dream players and now they're both out. I better start scouting my future competition in the D-League...

Commish, ayoko talaga kay Curry. Basically, I need a PG na mahilig sa assists. Kasi? Kulang na kulang ako sa assist. Damn!

pareho tayo bro, kaya susugalan ko na si Brandon Roy mo.... antayin ko na lang!

Curry for J-Ho? :hypocritesmiley:

pass muna commish at kulang na kulang din ako sa guards (1 and 2)

bossing bubs, langya laban natin, 8-1 to 8-2 to 8-3, sana tuloy tuloy ang pag akyat ng score ko, wehehehe!

pareng ayasadai, oo nga, kaya lang matagal tagal pa yang si Roy! Pero sana sulit ang paghahantay mo!!!!!!

Gwaapppppppppppppssssssssssssss, hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin napapakinabangan si Ronron! Pero at least si warrick maganda ang ginagawa! Imagine, wala si Ronron, pero dikit kami ni Chu!!!! Wow! Bwenas! I hope dikit lang kami ni chu this week!

pareho tayo bro, kaya susugalan ko na si Brandon Roy mo.... antayin ko na lang!

pass muna commish at kulang na kulang din ako sa guards (1 and 2)

bossing bubs, langya laban natin, 8-1 to 8-2 to 8-3, sana tuloy tuloy ang pag akyat ng score ko, wehehehe!

Ok lang pare. Mukhang napapaganda rin kahit paano ang paghawak ko kay Curry. Di ko akalain na bubulusok sya ng ganito. I guess blessing in digise na rin. Perfect na sana kung maging 75% percent man lang ang ft% nya. :lol:

pareng ayasadai, oo nga, kaya lang matagal tagal pa yang si Roy! Pero sana sulit ang paghahantay mo!!!!!!

Gwaapppppppppppppssssssssssssss, hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin napapakinabangan si Ronron! Pero at least si warrick maganda ang ginagawa! Imagine, wala si Ronron, pero dikit kami ni Chu!!!! Wow! Bwenas! I hope dikit lang kami ni chu this week!

Magdasal ka lang pare na di babalik agad si Pau para tuloy ang playing time ni Warrick. Pero balita eh ngayong buwan na raw babalik.