6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Im no master Gwaps. Im just trying to reconfigure my team for the possible playoff match-ups. If the positions hold, Im either gonna face MTC Saints or Rip City. I beat RIP City 6-5 and lost to MTC Saints with the same score. I dont think my team now is stronger than it was then so Im very very concerned.

^^^

WOW...

the master working the wires...

Assuming the playoffs start today, Gwaps might face either Jumpman or Roughnecks in the second round:

Gwaps matches up well against Roughnecks coz his team has more muscle inside. Jumpman's team offers a better match-up against Gwaps. But the question is, can Jumpman prevail against Roughnecks? Jumpman has lost twice to Roughnecks this season.

Edited by agentjackbauer
Arenas has been dropped. Somebody (a team with more or less a sure shot at the playoffs and can manage a couple of weeks with an injured player) might want to pick him up as he has been cleared to practice, although there has been no timetable yet for his return. Methinks he could be playing in a couple of weeks or even less. I have no chance of getting him since im way down low in waiver priority. Roughnecks has no. 2 priority and if he gets Arenas and the latter comes out smoking in two weeks, watch out... my fave team (Roughnecks) just might make it all the way.

Edit: Roughnecks and Rip have the best TO and A/T records in the league.

and i have one of the worst TO outputs in the league... :thumbsdownsmiley: <_<

I have the most TOs in the league (TO totals) and second to worst TO record. And Im currently tied with three others for the worst A/T record in the league, nyahaha.

well... you can't win em all cats...

it goes to show that one may not win all cats, but still can dominate and be one of the league leaders...

Arenas has been dropped. Somebody (a team with more or less a sure shot at the playoffs and can manage a couple of weeks with an injured player) might want to pick him up as he has been cleared to practice, although there has been no timetable yet for his return. Methinks he could be playing in a couple of weeks or even less. I have no chance of getting him since im way down low in waiver priority. Roughnecks has no. 2 priority and if he gets Arenas and the latter comes out smoking in two weeks, watch out... my fave team (Roughnecks) just might make it all the way.

Edit: Roughnecks and Rip have the best TO and A/T records in the league.

as much as I'd like to have Agent Zero, I'd have to take a bigger risk in going for him than sticking with Korver's every other game (at best) offensive "explosions". I 'have a feeling I'm making a big mistake in not making a play for Gilbert but my head really says he'll save himself to be healthy 100% next season...

I was taken aback with that TO and A/T record as all of my teams ever since I started fNBA has been racking up TO's. I guess it's just the luck of the draw most of this season as my team might have caught 13 other teams at their worst weeks, TO-wise...

Assuming the playoffs start today, Gwaps might face either Jumpman or Roughnecks in the second round:

Gwaps matches up well against Roughnecks coz his team has more muscle inside. Jumpman's team offers a better match-up against Gwaps. But the question is, can Jumpman prevail against Roughnecks? Jumpman has lost twice to Roughnecks this season.

my team, sad to say, doesn't hold a candle to bro Gwaps' team. he's the antithesis/kryptonite/Delilah/Achilles' heel to my team.

and to think I don't have a plethora of great PG's unlke his team, I still have a decent record in the assists and a/t department. go figure!

Following a flagrant foul by Dirk Nowitzki, Andrei Kirilenko left tonight's game with a bruised right hip.

Kirilenko was struck in the shoulder and neck before landing on his back and staying on the floor for a few minutes. He was able to walk to the free-throw line and sink two shots, but he was taken to the locker room and a hospital for X-rays, which were negative. Kirilenko returned to the arena in a wheelchair for the second half, and the Jazz are listing him as day-to-day. Kirilenko could miss the next few games, so owners should bench him immediately. Mar. 3 - 9:55 pm et

(rotoworld.com)

My cyrstal ball was wrong

The Washington Post's Ivan Carter is guessing that Gilbert Arenas will go through "two or three weeks" of practice before returning to action for the Wizards after his second knee surgery.

It sounds like March 25 at Portland might be a possible return date, but Arenas has not set a date to return. If he were to return on the 25th, he would play in the team's final 13 games of the season, barring a setback. He could also return sooner than that if things continue to go well in practice. Mar. 4 - 3:33 pm et

Source: Washington Post (rotoworld.com)

countered you bro....

hedo - calderon, one-on-one?

accepted...

though i'd lose big time in the assists department, i'd be better all around...

oh anthony carter, be a good boy and continue dishing dimes...

same goes to you mr. nelson, it's never too late to turn things around since ur homeboy hedo's coming aboard...

guys... need ur inputs...

i still have jermaine in2 of my "critical" leagues - the FPJ and the Champions league... as surprising as it seems, i am 1st in the former and 3rd in the latter (sans JO for about a month or more)...

the question is: do i drop him?

Hedo has averaged 6.5 assists over the past month. Calderon has a 8.8 assist average over the same period. So you are not losing a lot in assists, especially if you factor in TJ Ford's emergence in the equation. With Hedo, you get more FTM, rebs, pts. And with more free throws at an average of around 83 to 84 % you are getting a boost in that category as well (compared with Calderon's higher ft% but lower FTM).

Like Cheese said, the rest of the league is just playing for 2nd place. This trade sent your team over the top.

accepted...

though i'd lose big time in the assists department, i'd be better all around...

oh anthony carter, be a good boy and continue dishing dimes...

same goes to you mr. nelson, it's never too late to turn things around since ur homeboy hedo's coming aboard...

^^^ oh my...

...i hope all those "hype" will be met well... i mean, man, i've never been in a situation where im pegged to be the MDT (most dominant team)...

...honestly, i like playing the underdog role... i dunno... i've paid my dues (being 2nd twice) - i hope this time, it'd be mine...

edit:

BTW, ajb... my season, as i would describe it, is a hit or miss... i've been quite successful at some (as of today, 1st in FPJ, MTC Premiere, 3rd in Champions League) and miserable at some (14th in Solar, 14th in the Roto League [my personal favorite, all andre named crew, weeeee] 10th in the Superleague, and i dont know how low in my neglected UFC league team)

...sa salitang tagalog, ala- tsamba lang ako... im not good...

(and the miserable dynasty league campaign doesn't count - i'm tanking for rose or bayless, weee)

Edited by gwapogi