6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

For Yao Ming owners... bad news....

Yao Ming's season is over.

Yao has a stress fracture in his left foot that likely will require season-ending surgery.

"This is unbelievable," Rockets owner Les Alexander told KRIV-TV in Houston. "This is the most heart-breaking. This is the worst I've felt."

Houston, currently on a 12-game winning streak, is in fourth place in the Southwest Division. The streak followed a loss in the one game that Yao has missed all season.

The 7-foot-6 Yao is averaging 22.0 points and 10.8 rebounds in 55 games this season.

Arenas has been dropped. Somebody (a team with more or less a sure shot at the playoffs and can manage a couple of weeks with an injured player) might want to pick him up as he has been cleared to practice, although there has been no timetable yet for his return. Methinks he could be playing in a couple of weeks or even less. I have no chance of getting him since im way down low in waiver priority. Roughnecks has no. 2 priority and if he gets Arenas and the latter comes out smoking in two weeks, watch out... my fave team (Roughnecks) just might make it all the way.

Edit: Roughnecks and Rip have the best TO and A/T records in the league.

Arenas update

Gilbert Arenas was told by team doctors that he can again practice with the Wizards, but he's leery about getting back on his surgically repaired knee.

"I've been cleared to practice and play," said Arenas, who may practice on Tuesday. "I think I'm scared to go out there right now...I'm still going to try and take it slow...I don't want to get hurt again," he said. He's torn because he fully rehabbed after the first surgery last year and lasted only eight games before needing another knee surgery. He'll play again this season, but he may not look like Gilbert Arenas until the NBA playoffs roll around. There is still no target date for his return. Mar. 3 - 5:34 pm et

Source: Washington Post (rotoworld.com)

Edited by agentjackbauer