6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

the Hawks better not deal this young 2-way stud just for them to solidify their squad. better yet, they better build around him and not Joe J. 'coz at least the ex-HS phenom can play consistent defense night in and night out while the former Razorback sometimes glides through the game especially when he's having a bad scoring night...

he wants to win... now... before he blow up PHX and rebuild...

why, nash and shaq's in the high 30's already... grant hill too... and everyone else is crap w/o nash... amare would be the only stud in 3 years time, and the dude's defense is pathetic...

win now, then blow it all up...

^I don't wanna oversell this but something tells me that Shaq's injury isn't really as big as he's playing it up.

I don't think it's something he really can't play through or keep him out for long stretches.

That's not to take away anything from established facts though---that's he's too fat for his own good, that his body has taken more than its fair share of hits and that he's practically a shadow of his former self.

part of him sitting out for long stretches was because he was frustrated and wanted out of South Beach and Riles' turf ASAP.

My team's problem: It can compete with most of the other teams in the league but it has no chance against the top dog, Gwaps. If winning is the goal, then a team revamp is a must. Or perhaps, I should just pray that my team makes the playoffs, avoids Gwaps in the first round and another team beats Gwaps (perhaps Jumpman or Roughnecks?) in the first round, he he.

Edited by agentjackbauer

aysus ginoo... pambihirang expectations yan...

hay naku pasalamat ako kung seeded ako for the playoffs... historically, my boys (oak, brad, jameer, joe joe) kinda tank it in the latter part of the season...

if the playoffs happened today, well, i'd mightly say i can wipe you all out (LOL)... but come the time when the standings are set, those who made it and not are known, things kinda get far more tricky, to say the least...

can somebody please tell me this is just a dream? that the Suns traded out one of the integral parts of their run and run and run attack for a slowpoke center who just isn't the same as he was before on both sides of the court???

look at it this way---none of those Suns seemed too bothered when they lost Marion.

I don't know why but the team expression seemed a lot like relief, like they just got to force a brick or two out of their butts.

or maybe they were still all a bit too numb to know the difference?

and for gwaps sake, I'm not greeting it too much yet lest his squad (somehow, though admittedly improbable) falls short of that `chip.

yeah, I sensed the same thing from the reactions/statements coming from D'Antoni, Nash and I think Stoudemire too. but I was thinking that that may have just been necessary to get on the Diesel's good side as we all know he has to feel very much welcome and happy in the Desert for them to get the better end of this senseless (at least for the Suns' interests) deal...

^

I only got that vibe `coz there wasn't really any goodbye/goodluck Marion talk.

if there was, there just wasn't enough love doled out and this for a guy who was with the franchise for the longest time.

but I guess that just reminds us again that pro sports is, first and foremost, a business.

and besides, Marion was dumb and/or egotistic enough to want out.

they were probably so sick of his whining in the locker room that they knew they'd be better off without him.

love the comment from D'Antoni though: "Shaq didn't come here to lay an egg."

and as if to prove a point that their fast car wasn't going to follow the speed limit anytime soon, the Suns drop 130 in a double OT loss to CP3 and the Hornets.