6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

OT:

^tough loss that one. but there's one more Manning standing so...go get `em kid bro!

I'm with you bro. guess that's just how it is when fanhood clouds perception and impairs reason so much.

the perfect team can indeed do no wrong...`coz they can get away with it anyway.

Edited by gift_of_game
^

it's getting tedious bro. them freaks so high on that crunk, it's crazy.

sometimes it feels like arguing with a bunch of 8-year-olds.

oh wait, 8-year-olds would probably take offense to that...

as for this league, all I know is that gwaps and cheese are headlining and will likely duke it out for the cup...

lol...

headlining... hmmm... i wish i could have outright semis berth, but tis too early, and from where i came from, i've had more success duking it out from the lower seed of the playoffs...

These are the teams' number of Games per week from Week 13 up to Week 25. For purposes of our league, the end of the regular season will be on the 21st week while the playoffs will be on Weeks 22 to 24.

2nd Half Sked Breakdown (by Dr. Steve Alexander, rotoworld.com)

The first number you see is Week 13, which starts this Monday, Jan. 21, while the final number you see is Week 25, which starts on April 14. All-Star Weekend occurs during Week 16, so beware that most teams play just two games in that one, as well in Week 25.

I've also included the number of 4-Game weeks and total number of remaining games played, which is how I've ranked each team. I also bolded random two-game weeks that don't' fall at the All-Star Break or the final week of the season. The Raptors play just twice this coming week, for example, when many other teams play four games.

46 Games

L.A. Clippers 4-4-4-2-3-4-4-4-4-4-4-3-2 = 46 games, 9 four-game weeks.

Chris Kaman and Corey Maggette are obviously money here, while Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley, Sam Cassell and possibly Elton Brand see a surge in value given the great schedule for the Clippers. This schedule is as good as it gets the rest of the way and if you can trade your Orlando Magic players for Clippers in weekly leagues, you might be too guilt ridden to sleep at night.

45 Games

Atlanta Hawks 4-3-4-2-4-4-4-4-3-4-4-3-2 = 45 games, 8 four-game weeks.

Marvin Williams, Al Horford and possibly Josh Childress look like decent second-half plays, Joe Johnson and Josh Smith look like superstars, and Anthony Johnson and Acie Law could even have some value with this great schedule.

44 Games

Boston Celtics 4-2-4-2-4-4-3-4-4-4-3-4-2 = 44 games, 8 four-game weeks.

Good news for owners of the big three, while Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Eddie House and Tony Allen will all flirt with value the rest of the way. The C's have that awesome schedule despite the two-gamer in Week 14, just so you're aware.

L.A. Lakers 4-4-4-2-4-4-3-3-4-4-3-4-1 = 44 games, 8 four-game weeks.

Kobe, Kobe, Kobe. With Bynum out for the bulk of the above schedule, it should be the Kobe-show in L.A., with some Lamar Odom thrown in on the side. Derek Fisher, Luke Walton, Trevor Ariza, Ronny Turiaf and Kwame Brown will also be popular waiver-wire fodder the rest of the way.

San Antonio Spurs 4-3-4-2-3-4-4-4-4-4-3-3-2 = 44 games, 7 four-game weeks.

No matter what San Antonio's schedule says, nothing changes. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker have value, while the Brent Barry's and Michael Finley's of the world wait for one of them to get hurt in order to shine in fantasy leagues. Duncan is going to be a beast during that stretch of five straight 4-game weeks.

Washington Wizards 4-4-4-2-3-4-3-3-4-4-4-3-2 = 44 games, 7 four-game weeks.

Do you think Gilbert Arenas will be back for that 4-4-4-3-2 stretch to end the season? You might be right. DeShawn Stevenson and Antonio Daniels will continue to tease, discourage and please owners all season, Caron Butler will finish with a career year (again) and Antawn Jamison will prove his worth despite being under-appreciated. Etan Thomas will eventually come back and make it even tougher to own Brendan Haywood and Andray Blatche.

43 Games

Chicago Bulls 4-3-4-2-3-4-4-2-4-4-3-4-2 = 43 games, 7 four-game weeks.

These are the "average" schedules. Keep your eye on Thabo Sefolosha, who could replace Chris Duhon in the starting lineup at some point.

Denver Nuggets 4-3-4-2-3-4-3-4-4-3-4-4-1 = 43 games, 7 four-game weeks.

It will be interesting to see if Anthony Carter is still racking up assists two months from now. It will also be interesting to see if Allen Iverson and Marcus Camby are still healthy then, and if Carmelo Anthony is still living up the hype. Linas Kleiza is a super-hot pickup right now, and I can't wait to see if he pans out.

Cleveland Cavaliers 4-3-4-2-4-4-3-4-4-3-3-3-2 = 43 games, 6 four-game weeks.

Six four-gamers from LeBron and 43 remaining games? That helps ease the suffered from his current 2-game week. If you're in a super-deep league, keep your eye on Donyell Marshall's pending return. Oh, did I fail to mention Larry Hughes? It was not an oversight.

Dallas Mavericks 4-3-4-3-3-4-3-4-3-3-4-4-1 = 43 games, 6 four-game weeks.

Not a bad schedule for the Mavericks, but it looks about as mediocre as their record thus far.

Minnesota Timberwolves 4-3-3-2-3-4-4-3-4-3-4-4-2 = 43 games, 6 four-game weeks.

The Wolves' schedule is one of the most interesting because many players who will be getting minutes down the stretch are still available in leagues. The schedule is nice, the players are at the mercy of Randy Wittman and the entire thing is a crapshoot. But keep your eye on guys like Craig Smith, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green and Corey Brewer (among others), who could emerge with some value out of this mess. Al Jefferson, of course, is still the man here, while the fantasy world waits to see if Randy Foye is going to show up or not.

New Orleans Hornets 4-3-3-2-3-4-4-3-3-4-4-4-2 = 43 games, 6 four-game weeks.

No surprises here, although I predict that Jannero Pargo and Bobby Jackson start getting swiped up off waivers before the season ends. It would take an injury for that to happen, but Chris Paul isn't exactly a man of steel. And for the record, I think Tyson Chandler has a big second half.

Sacramento Kings 4-3-3-2-4-4-4-3-3-4-4-3-2 = 43 games, 6 four-game weeks.

The Kings are causing as much fantasy angst as team in history right now. They have a decent schedule the rest of the way, but not great. Will John Salmons, Francisco Garcia or Beno Udrih have value during that 4-4-4 stretch in a month? I don't know.

Edited by agentjackbauer

42 Games

Seattle Sonics 4-3-3-1-4-4-4-4-3-4-3-4-1 = 42 games, 7 four-game weeks.

The Sonics play just once over the All-Star Break and final week, which is important to keep in mind. But that also leaves them with seven four-game weeks, which is pretty good. That being said, who on the Sonics is dependable enough to produce for your team? That's right…No one. Maybe Kevin Durant, Chris Wilcox, Nick Collison, Jeff Green, Earl Watson, Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak or Damien Wilkins (RIP) will be rolling for that 4-4-4-4 stretch a month from now, but the odds are not in your favor. I say trade your Sonics, including Durant, and use the good sked as an incentive to get them off your team.

Miami Heat 3-3-4-2-2-4-3-4-4-4-4-3-2 = 42 games, 6 four-game weeks.

The Heat has that crucial stretch of four straight four-game weeks around the fantasy playoffs. If Shaq and Dwyane Wade are both still playing by then, I will be surprised. Udonis Haslem and Ricky Davis should have value all season, while Wade and Shaq will be brilliant when healthy. The rest of the team is a mess, with Dorell Wright constantly up an down, Jason Williams constantly injured, and Daequan Cook and Chris Quinn constantly wondering how many minutes they're going to play each night. Oh, and they have that annoying two-game week immediately following the All-Star Break. Ouch.

New York Knicks 3-4-4-1-4-3-4-3-3-4-4-3-2 = 42 games, 6 four-game weeks.

I don't even know what to say here. Decent schedule, Jamal Crawford looks great, Eddy Curry is once again useless and the fact Isiah Thomas still has a job is one of the most interesting sports stories in history. All kidding aside. Nate Robinson should be owned in all leagues, even though he won't start at point guard for the Knicks. And if you're planning a protest at the Garden prior to the end of the season, let's have some "Free Lee!" shirts made up. I'll buy one, or a couple dozen.

Portland Trailblazers 4-2-4-2-4-4-3-4-3-4-3-3-2 = 42 games, 6 four-game weeks.

An average schedule for the league's most pleasant surprise. Keep your eye on Travis Outlaw, Joel Przybilla, Jarrett Jack and Martell Webster, as usual. And vote to get Brandon Roy onto the Western Conference All-Star Team. He deserves it.

Milwaukee Bucks 5-3-3-2-3-4-3-3-2-4-4-4-2 = 42 games, 5 four-game weeks*

With five games coming this week, Bobby Simmons goes and sits out Saturday's game with a neck problem, leaving those of us who picked him up for the occasion in a quandary. I imagine that Simmons, Charlie Bell and Charlie Villanueva will be starting in many leagues this week with five games, while the rest of the schedule isn't great. Once this week passes us by, their schedule is one of the worst, especially given that 2-gamer the first week of the fantasy playoffs. The 4-4-4-2 finish is strong though, which is great news for Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut owners in H2H leagues.

Charlotte Bobcats 4-4-3-2-3-3-4-3-3-4-4-3-2 = 42 games, 5 four-game weeks.

Nothing to love about this schedule, but it could be worse. I expect the Nazr Mohammed emails to roll in after the last couple games from the big man (or should I day "non-games"), while Gerald Wallace and Jason Richardson will continue to dominate as long as they're healthy. As for Raymond Felton and Emeka Okafor, I've given up. I can't figure it out. Oh, and Matt Carroll is worth a serious look right now, as he should continue to sparkle off the bench the rest of the way.

Houston Rockets 4-3-3-2-4-3-3-4-4-3-4-3-2 = 42 games, 5 four-game weeks.

Tracy McGrady is back, Yao Ming never left and Rafer Alston seems to be in a good place right now. Outside of that, you're rolling the dice with any of the Rockets. Of course, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Luis Scola deserve a watchful eye, while Steve Francis, Mike James and Bonzi Wells are due to emerge from the dust again at some point.

Memphis Grizzlies 4-3-3-2-4-3-3-3-4-4-4-3-2 = 42 games, 5 four-game weeks.

Talk about a fantasy mess…As I write this, Juan Carlos Navarro is on fire, Darko Milicic has been benched, Rudy Gay is the next superstar, Mike Miller has a back problem and Pau Gasol is finally playing like himself. Oh, and Mike Conley is now the starting point guard. That leaves Kyle Lowry out of the mix and he should be avoided at all costs, while Bobby Jones suddenly looks like a potential pickup in deep leagues – If he sticks with the team after signing that second 10-day contract. It's nice to see Marc Iavaroni channeling Hubie Brown this season. We'd hate to see fantasy owners ever becoming comfortable with their Grizzlies.

New Jersey Nets 4-3-4-2-3-3-4-3-4-4-3-3-2 = 42 games, 5 four-game weeks.

Nothing good here, but nothing bad, either. The fact the Nets get two games at the break and end of the year is good.

41 Games

Philadelphia 76ers 4-2-4-2-4-3-3-4-3-4-3-3-2 = 41 games, 5 four-game weeks.

41 games is the bottom of the barrel, for the most part, just like the Sixers in reality. Trade them, especially with that nasty 2-game week in the near future. I love Samuel Dalembert the rest of the way, and owners can expect more of the same from the Andre's. But you wanna know what's wrong with Philly? The fact that they only have three players worth discussing. Yes, Lou Williams, Willie Green and Thaddeus Young are intriguing, but are they really going to make a difference this year? In fantasy or reality? Nope.

Phoenix Suns 4-2-4-2-3-3-4-3-3-4-4-3-2 = 41 games, 5 four-game weeks.

The Suns have one of the worst remaining schedules and two games in an upcoming week. If you haven't traded Steve Nash, Shawn Marion or Amare Stoudemire by now, you probably won't. But look into some trades with teams at the top of this list. Trading Matrix for Josh Smith gains you four games and three additional 4-game weeks…I'm just saying…

Toronto Raptors 2-3-3-2-3-4-4-4-4-3-4-3-2 = 41 games, 5 four-game weeks.

With two games this week most Raptors are sitting in weekly leagues, with the exception of Chris Bosh. The Schedule's not great, but that middle run is great, when it goes 4-4-4-4-3-4…Hopefully T.J. Ford will be back for that, while owners of Jose Calderon need to start making other plans. And yes, this means that you can pick up Jamario Moon if you've been sitting on the fence.

Utah Jazz 3-4-4-1-3-4-4-4-3-3-3-3-2 = 41 games, 5 four-game weeks.

If you own Jazz players in weekly playoff leagues, you'll want to start moving them. You don't want that 3-3-3-3 schedule at the most crucial point in the season, do you? Especially from someone like Andrei Kirilenko, who has been so unpredictable lately.

Detroit Pistons 3-3-3-2-4-3-4-3-3-4-3-4-2 = 41 games, 4 four-game weeks.

Four four-game weeks left for the Pistons? Ouch. In reality though, they're going into the real playoffs rested, that's for sure.

Golden St. Warriors 3-3-2-2-3-3-4-3-4-4-4-3-2 = 41 games, 4 four-game weeks.

As if Baron Davis' banged up body and injury history wasn't enough of a reason to trade him…What an awful weekly schedule for the Warriors, although that 4-4-4-3 finish is nice for the playoffs. Baron for Kobe? You gain three games and four 4-game weeks in the deal if you're getting Mamba. Wow.

Indiana Pacers 4-3-3-2-3-4-3-3-4-3-4-3-2 = 41 games, 4 four-game weeks.

Outside of Mike Dunleavy and Danny Granger, forget about the Pacers the rest of the way. Hopefully Jermaine O'Neal is back in time for that 2-gamer prior to the All-Star Break. Ugh.

40 Games

Orlando Magic 4-3-3-2-4-3-3-4-4-2-3-3-2 = 40 games, 4 four-game weeks.

Got Dwight, Turk or Shard in a weekly-lineup playoff league? See that playoff schedule? Get on the phones and make a deal…Now!

Jermaine O'Neal is thinking about sitting out the rest of the season in order to let his left knee injury fully heal.

"That's really the prime option for me," O'Neal said Sunday, of sitting out the rest of the season. "We're going to rehab now like it was the summer, with an extensive rehab. If that consists of a month or the rest of the season, I need to take the necessary steps to not come back on something that's not really healthy." Troy Murphy and Jeff Foster, along with most Pacer forwards would see an increase in value if O'Neal shuts it down. Jan. 21 - 10:28 am et

Source: Indianapolis Star (from rotoworld.com)

Carmelo Anthony left Monday's game with a left ankle injury mid-way through the second quarter, after landing awkwardly on Kobe Bryant's foot. X-rays are being taken, but it's doubtful that he'll return to the game.

The injury looked pretty bad, and Melo could be facing an extended absence, which the short-handed Nuggets cannot afford. We'll update his status as soon as more information is available. Jan. 21 - 11:39 pm et

(from rotoworld.com)