San Miguel Beer

1. Endorsements are given on a per annual basis and is based on the popularity of a player.

2. Advertisements are given on a per advertising deal basis.

3. Merchandise sales are driven by the popularity and success of a team.

Adding extra game/s in the finals won't affect the three items above. The only one affected by more games are gate receipts.

But how much is the income from gate receipts? Assuming that the average price of tickets for the entire Araneta is P100 and there are 15,000 people watching the game. That results in a gross sales amount of P150,000. Subtract 12% local taxes and you're left with P132,000. Of that amount half goes to Araneta which leaves the PBA with just P66,000.

Assuming the PBA and the two teams equally share the remaining sales, it leaves them with just P22,000 each. (Actually the winning team gets more but I remember the exact percentages of the ticket sales share between the three). That's not even 1/10th of the amount a star player gets.

Just for clarification:

By your example, 100*15,000 should be 1.5M not 150K.

So either all your figures (except the ave price of tickets) lack one zero or the ave price of tickets has 1 extra zero (i.e. the ave price is P10).

Just for clarification:

By your example, 100*15,000 should be 1.5M not 150K.

So either all your figures (except the ave price of tickets) lack one zero or the ave price of tickets has 1 extra zero (i.e. the ave price is P10).

Thanks for your clarification. Still at the end of the day P220,000 isn't enough to cover the salary of one star player. And its a drop in the bucket if you consider that the monthly salaries of a PBA team totals P2.5M (P30 M annually), the income from ticket sales is just a drop in the bucket.

this time no excuses... SMB tried their best bust just couldn't beat BGK tonight!

they were unable to stop Helterbrand... and during the times they were able to...

they couldn't capitalize on the chances being given them!

so it all boils down to this... BGK basically has a twice to beat advantage for the championship

why smb would win game6:

-game 7 was to a sunday..more people would watch that game than on a friday

-pba is on a recovering stage, they badly need all the $$$

-game 7 will win them tv ratings, and that would be a good boost to pba in ending the conference

-they need to end the conference on a high note. why? because the next conference will be without some top heAd coaches and 12 superstars. even though may import, masmasaya parin manood ng pure locals. kaya i believe that they'll use game 7 to give the next conference some push.

-they also need money for the new pba arena. so a game 7 would surely increase their profit.

why gins would win game 6:

-they're just too good of a team even though the refs would side with smb in game 6.

-coach chot wants to start the practice for the national team.

why smb would be the champs:

-they'll be without chot, danny s., and dondon in the next conf. in short, baka boring sila next conf unless they get a good import.

-chot wants to prove that he is the best coach for the national team.

-pba says, "it's not yet time ginkings, the next conference would be boring, we'll get u a championship after the next conference so that we'll recover from the drop of the ratings". in short, gugutumin nila ang fans ng gins para pagdating ng next next conference, todo suporta na ang fans at meron ng cinderella story ang pba

why gins would win the championship:

-a top honcho in the refereeing told me that coach jong wants to prove something since he was not chosen as the national coach.

-h-bomb backs his words:"i will win the championship, and there's nothing that can stop me". (if i heard it correctly). watch out for his triple H pose after they win the big one.

-they won't be the same team next conference, so they will win the championship this conference. i see two strong teams battling for the finals next conference, purefoods and redbull. sad to say but i think gins and smb won't make it to the finals next conf.

my pick:

game 6: smb by 7

game 7: gins by 5

im a fan of both teams but smb is my no.1 team... but i guess this conference isn't theirs.

just my thoughts here :)

Edited by echronic
^ Finally! Someone who accepts reality.

Great efforts by LA Tenorio and Danny Seigle. Lordy Tugade gave BGK fans a scare. Proof SMB is definitely a worthy opponent, not just because of the SMC backing...

IMHO the 4 teams that made it to the semis have the strongest line ups in the PBA today...

Purefoods would have been included but they're a legit big man short... malas lang nila TNT nakalaban nila...

my only hope is that both SMB and BGK go into the second conference with an intact All Filipino line up...

wag na sila mag import... mas ok pa! yn nga lang they risk playing players that are tired and worn out by the seasn

Finals na 4-0? eto po mga sweeps sa history ng PBA Finals

All-Filipino Great Taste 3-0 Beer Hausen

Reinforced Northern 4-0 Manila Beer

All-Filipino Great Taste 3-0 Hills Bros.

Third Conference Swift 4-0 7-Up

this time hindi na.... though i still feel ref's call was off. but they lost because BGK executed better...

sa mga conspiracy theories nyo, if ever it is true that no game has ever been sold

could you give me an example of a finals that ended 4-0????