San Miguel Beer

Perhaps, the match-ups were just not right for this series. Rommel has played well in the eliminations when SMB faced BGK. Perhaps, he'll be used more. As for Tugade, he still needs to find consistency and his place in the SMB rotation.

I do think this will be an interesting series. Last time I watched at Araneta, the coliseum was divided. Somehow, SMB also has that very important 6th man -- the fans. But, I guess, no one can match the 6th man of BGK once the chant of GI-NEB-RA roars around the big dome.

This is too close to call!

I beg to disagree that Lordy hasn't found himself into the rotation of SMB

if you would notice... esp towards the end of the eliminations... he has slowly eased his was into the rotation...

mas priority na sya ni coach chot kaysa sa kay calaguio... even in this series this was evident...

nabibigyan pa rin sya ng chance to showcase his talent... it was only during the times he wasn't doing well that he was replaced by calaguio... and kapag maganda ipinakikita... sya na muna kukuha minutes ni Lordy...

giyera na sa friday....ano kaya feeling ni coach jong?

mixed feeling I guess... I mean kahit pano matagal din bond nila ng SMB team...

but sabi nga nila... business is business...

actually si valerie dating gf yan ni alex cabagnot pero break na sila ngayon. medyo la time si alex for gf as he is more focus now especially siya na magiging captain ball ng san miguel next conference

alam mo bro, lahat nalang eh nirerelate mo kay alex no? sobrang obssesed ka ata, sige unahan na kita si danny S at si Alex ay iisang tao lang...nag babago lang siya ng anyo...pati si dorian at dondon alter ego ni alex...hmm...just quit it dude before we petition you...

Para di OT Siegle for conference MVP... :cool:

chot is right. smb is a young team. they've been together for just 6 months. that's why guys like lordy cant seem to get going. they had there moments but they still lack consistency. they still dont knw each other that well. unlike, the other guys, racela know exactly where and when to give them the ball. those 2 corner treys by dondon din rb in.

chot is right. smb is a young team. they've been together for just 6 months. that's why guys like lordy cant seem to get going. they had there moments but they still lack consistency. they still dont knw each other that well. unlike, the other guys, racela know exactly where and when to give them the ball. those 2 corner treys by dondon din rb in.

Just think about this guys, if SMB is considered a new team then just imagine what BGK is going through. At least with SMB the core of Ildefonso, Paña, Seigle, Dondon & Racela is still intact with additional fire powers in Tugade, Calaguio, Tenorio and at times Wilson. BGK's core was practically overhauled, putting in Hathfield (who came from a layoff), Abbarientos, Tubid, Mamaril etc. This are good players but this is the first time they have played with each other. So I say when it comes to team work SMB has the edge on that, it's just a matter of the new recruits blending in the system.

Edited by peep_tom

Ok na, champion na SMB. BGK fans don't get me wrong. I don't mean we are sure winners against your team. Before the start of the Semis I said that the series with RB is my championship. Now that they thought those bastards a lesson I'm already happy. With that said LET THE BORING FINALS BEGIN!!!

I just based my opinion in this actual post. It's your fault dahil mali-mali post mo pre.

By the way, I'm not a Red Bull Fan and will never be.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Professor Ecko madami din mga mali English sa previous page, care to correct them too? hahahahahah English 101 professor ecko in the house!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :lol:

What seems to be the prob about that dude? :wacko:

What seems to be the prob about that dude? :wacko:

The problem is you corrected me and not the others. So you made it personal. YOU HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST ME DUUUUDE? SABIHIN MO LANG! Yan ba tinuro sa iyo ng magulang mo na mangpahiya ka ng ibang tao in front of others? Highly speaks of your parents don't you think? It's ok to correct me, thank you for that but if your intention was clean YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT PRIVATELY now gusto mo pa malaman ano ginawa mo mali? At least ako nagkaron ako ng konting mali with my english, ikaw ang mali sa iyo UGALI which is harder to correct!!!

Ang problem sa iyo hirit ka ng hirit na off topic na, kaya kung gusto mo magturo ng english 101 create a thread about it and do your thing there, expertise mo yon di ba. Dun ka manira ng ibang tao personally and dun ka magyabang. Hopefully you get to learn from those people and learn to act properly.Now sa tingin mo sino sa ating dalawa ang mas meron dapat icorrect sa sarili?

Edited by peep_tom

CAGUIOA—SEIGLE DUEL FOR BPC HONORS TOPBILLS FINALS SUBPLOTS

Big men, backcourt matchups also of interest

Thursday, 08 February 2007

OTHER than a showdown between the top two teams in the 2006-07 Talk N Text PBA Philippine Cup, the best-of-seven series for the season-opening championship also showcases a battle between two of the league's best players.

Mark Caguioa of Barangay Ginebra and San Miguel's Danny Seigle find themselves locked up in a potential scoring face-off beginning with Game 1 of the Finals Friday at the Araneta Coliseum.

The two scoring machines are currently the bitter contenders for Best Player of the Conference honors.

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

<!--[endif]-->

Going into the series opener between the league's two most popular ballclubs, Caguioa holds a slight edge over Seigle in the statistical race for the tournament's highest individual honor, averaging 38.7 statistical points (SP) against the 37.6 SP of the 6-foot-6 Seigle.

Averaging a league best 23.8 points, the 6-foot-1 Ginebra stalwart is seeking his first Best Player of the Conference trophy, an honor Seigle already won twice in the past (1999 and 2006).

The scoring duel between Caguioa and Seigle is just one of the many subplots expected to dramatize a potentially explosive title series.

Seigle fired a conference-best 36 points in lifting the Beermen to a 119-115 victory over the Red Bull Barakos in the decisive Game 7 of their semifinal series Wednesday night at the Big Dome.

The win sealed a third title showdown between the two teams that earned outright berths in the semifinals after finishing 1-2 at the end of the eliminations.

For the Kings to fulfill what Rudy Hatfield expects "nothing but a championship" season for the franchise, Ginebra has to buck history.

In the two times the Kings and Beermen met in the PBA Finals, San Miguel twice emerged winner – in 1999 (Reinforced Conference, 4-1) and 2001 (All-Filipino Conference, 4-2).

Ironically, both San Miguel victories were pulled off with coach Jong Uichico still at the helm.

The mild-mannered mentor has since transferred to Ginebra, putting him under the microscope in his own personal coaching duel against the Beermen's Chot Reyes, who himself is back in the Finals following a two-year absence in the league after accepting the head coaching job of the RP men's basketball team.

"This is very emotional for me, I have my personal reason," said Uichico after the Kings made it first to the Finals by trouncing the Talk N Text Phone Pals, 98-89, in Game 6 of their own best-of-seven semifinal series.

"If I get emotional, it's because you try your best to get to the championship. My first goal is to really get to the championship. Now you have a great possibility of playing against your former team," added Uichico, winner of six titles in nine Finals appearances with the Beermen before transferring to the Kings' camp at the start of the season.

Like Uichico, San Miguel back up center Romel Adducul may also hold the same motivation against his former team, whom he helped steer to the 2004 Fiesta Conference title and the 2004-05 Philippine Cup championship.

The power-playing 6-foot-6 former San Sebastian stalwart was traded by Ginebra early into the conference in a three-team deal that also involved one-time Red Bull star Lordy Tugade.

Also of interest is the backcourt matchup pitting the league's current resident superstar guard in Jayjay Helterbrand against emerging backcourt wizard Lewis Alfred Tenorio, and the retro encounter between San Miguel veteran Olsen Racela and Ginebra counterpart Johnny Abarrientos.

With Eric Menk still a doubtful starter for the Kings, Hatfield and Rafi Reavis will have their hands full trying to contain San Miguel's bruising big men Dorian Pena and two-time league Most Valuable Player (MVP) Danny Ildefonso.

Game one tonight guys, lets all hope that our players continue to play very well and that they stay away from any injuries. Goodluck Beermen!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

sigurado panalo na san miguel!!!!!!!!!!!!!kasi jong uchico wala naman alam sa coaching. nag champion lang sya dahil sa turo ni ron jacobs. after that wala na sya. even with all the all star cast...itlog sila for the past few years. ewan ko nga bakit pa ni recycle yan dapat tinapon na...palibhasa ppaarang gobyerno kasi ang san miguel corp. palakasan kahit walang kwenta. Go siegle! go san miguel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is you corrected me and not the others. So you made it personal. YOU HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST ME DUUUUDE? SABIHIN MO LANG! Yan ba tinuro sa iyo ng magulang mo na mangpahiya ka ng ibang tao in front of others? Highly speaks of your parents don't you think? It's ok to correct me, thank you for that but if your intention was clean YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT PRIVATELY now gusto mo pa malaman ano ginawa mo mali? At least ako nagkaron ako ng konting mali with my english, ikaw ang mali sa iyo UGALI which is harder to correct!!!

Ha?! Personal? :huh: kaw lang nag isip nyan. Why would I intend to do that? I don't even know you. I just read that certain page, saw your post and corrected it. that's it! Is it wrong to correct someone to show concern? Sa mga na correct kong mga tao dito sa MTC at sa ibang Online discussion group, Kaw lang ang nag-react violently.One more thing, I don't have anything against you. Bakit,Sino ka ba? :thumbsdownsmiley:

Ang problem sa iyo hirit ka ng hirit na off topic na, kaya kung gusto mo magturo ng english 101 create a thread about it and do your thing there, expertise mo yon di ba. Dun ka manira ng ibang tao personally and dun ka magyabang. b]

Hirit lang yun pre, hirit ng hirit marami na yun eh. Para minsan lang yun ah. pinahaba mo lang :rolleyes: Di ako mayabang kasi I can accept criticisms from people.

Hopefully you get to learn from those people and learn to act properly.Now sa tingin mo sino sa ating dalawa ang mas meron dapat icorrect sa sarili?

I don't have to because that's a question for you to answer. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by clutch_player

congrats fellow beermen! we drew first blood! kudos to tugade, pena and tenorio! we just gave those Gin Kings one hell of an ass whipping! 118-94.

tenorio is playing just like the uaap days. and what better time to bring his game a notch higher than the playoffs and finals.

finally a breakout game from lordy. nice job!

peña just overpowered every Gin King that stood his way.

great game beermen!!!

Ha?! Personal? :huh: kaw lang nag isip nyan. Why would I intend to do that? I don't even know you. I just read that certain page, saw your post and corrected it. that's it! Is it wrong to correct someone to show concern? Sa mga na correct kong mga tao dito sa MTC at sa ibang Online discussion group, Kaw lang ang nag-react violently.One more thing, I don't have anything against you. Bakit,Sino ka ba? :thumbsdownsmiley:

Hirit lang yun pre, hirit ng hirit marami na yun eh. Para minsan lang yun ah. pinahaba mo lang :rolleyes: Di ako mayabang kasi I can accept criticisms from people.

I don't have to because that's a question for you to answer. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sino ako? Ikaw ang sino ka dahil if I remember it right si Professor Ecko ang kausap ko about this so stop using alterniks. It is not wrong to correct somebody as long as hindi ka nangpapahiya, again kung malinis intentions mo you would have done it PRIVATELY. and kung maka correct lang hanap mo di sana lahat nung may mali sinabihan mo, now ask ko why only me? Tama ba yung concern pero ang banat mo tagalugin mo na kse making it appear na ang bobo bobo ko when my only mistake is 1 word. Salamat na lang sa pang kokorek mo pero stay away from me and stay away from my posts. Yung iba na lang pakialaman mo ok.

Madami ka na nga hirit, bilangin mo yung posts mo, more than 1 di ba? So isa lang yon? Congratulations sa magulang mo for raising a very bright son. STAY AWAY Mr ecko or mr clutch. Make up your mind first kung anong nick talaga gagamitin mo kse it seems your mixing it up. ALTERNICK!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by peep_tom