San Miguel Beer

ayus mga kasamang beermen!!! pasok na tayo sa finals!!! SMB wins 119-115. Best Player of the game, who else, ehdi yung nasa avatar ko! Dondon Hontiveros 31 pts, 7 rebs, 4 ast.

Honorable mention din to Danny Seigle who had a double double, 30+ pts and 10+ rebs, and to LA Tenorio for keeping the beermen in the game in the first half.

Bring it on Barangay Ginebra!

well, im now expecting danny to get bloodied.

yun ang surprise ng redbull

buti na lang hindi! I too was waiting what surprise they were referring to...

ganda ng laro!!! muntik na... kala ko hahabol na naman RB!

hats off to Danny S. and Dondon! monster effort by the two!

"We are San Miguel...

We should play like San Miguel..."

- Chot Reyes

ayus mga kasamang beermen!!! pasok na tayo sa finals!!! SMB wins 119-115. Best Player of the game, who else, ehdi yung nasa avatar ko! Dondon Hontiveros 31 pts, 7 rebs, 4 ast.

Honorable mention din to Danny Seigle who had a double double, 30+ pts and 10+ rebs, and to LA Tenorio for keeping the beermen in the game in the first half.

Bring it on Barangay Ginebra!

Don't forget the heads up play of Dorian, thats what I'm talking about. When you get rattled by RB's D give the ball to Pena and let him do his thing under the basket. Kudos to the quality minutes of Wilson, they didn't use Calaguio & Tugade in that most crucial minutes, Willie held his own and fought for those rebounds. Bravo Beermen!!! Thank you for not letting us fans down.

Ok na, champion na SMB. BGK fans don't get me wrong. I don't mean we are sure winners against your team. Before the start of the Semis I said that the series with RB is my championship. Now that they thought those bastards a lesson I'm already happy. With that said LET THE BORING FINALS BEGIN!!!

Ok na, champion na SMB. BGK fans don't get me wrong. I don't mean we are sure winners against your team. Before the start of the Semis I said that the series with RB is my championship. Now that they thought those bastards a lesson I'm already happy. With that said LET THE BORING FINALS BEGIN!!!

You're too hot pre! Let them play first. tsaka tagalugin mo na lang! :cool: :thumbsupsmiley:

Now that they thought those bastards a lesson I'm already happy. With that said LET THE BORING FINALS BEGIN!!!

it's taught not thought... :hypocritesmiley:

good job smb... woooooohhhhh...

while i was watching the game, i held my breath until the buzzer sounds the end of the game...

WOOOOOOOHHHH...

galing nyo lahat!!!!

hats off to the veterans of SMB, they held of end the end.

sana ganun pa rin sila ka aggressive sa offensive rebounds come finals.

minus menk, if they play the same way they did last night, we should own

the rebounds against the gins...

good luck guys, kudos to all of you..

i've been watching Danny S's career and honestly if i were him i would really be fraustrated i mean arguably his has been the best man in the league...but never won an MVP award...i can of feel sorry for him...i really want to see him win the MVP as 2 fil-am players already did ASI and MENK...he certainly desreves it...most likely he will grab the best player of the conference for this one...kudos to San Miguel! Go kick BGK asses :cool:

sibak na naman si valerie concepcion kay dondon nito!

wah!!!

Hehehehehe.... super support nga si valerie... every game ata nanonood siya :)

IT’S GINEBRA VS. SAN MIGUEL IN BEST-OF-7 FINALS

Seigle, Hontiveros solve Red Bull defense in rubber match

Wednesday, 07 February 2007

After everything has been said and done, it’s still the top two teams in the eliminations finding themselves battling for all the marbles.

Danny Seigle saved his best for last and punished Red Bull with an array of shots that powered the San Miguel Beermen to a 119-115 victory over the Barakos in the deciding seventh game of their semifinal duel Wednesday night at the Araneta Coliseum.

The SMB scoring machine proved too good and too evasive for all the defenders thrown at him, coming away with 36 points – the highest output by any player in a game this conference – to show the way for the Beermen, who arranged a titular showdown against the Barangay Ginebra Kings for the 2006-07 Talk N Text PBA Philippine Cup.

After three closely-fought quarters, the Beermen finally put the game away midway through the fourth quarter as Seigle teamed up with Dondon Hontiveros, whose back-to-back three-pointers practically broke the backs of the Barakos.

Hontiveros, who was scoreless in 33 minutes when San Miguel Beer lost to Red Bull in Game 7 of their semis duel in the previous Philippine Cup, finished with 31 points, his highest output in a San Miguel Beer uniform and the second highest in his PBA career, next only to a 33-point output with Tanduay in his first year in the league in 2000.

"Before the game I told the players to forget about the six games and to forget about the records. I told them Game 7 will be won by something different. I don't know if it's heart or if it’s character. So I told them to find it," said SMB coach Chot Reyes.

"But most of all, I reminded them that we are San Miguel. We are the winningest team in the PBA. We have a rich history and we are one of the biggest companies in the country. So we must play as the San Miguel Beermen. I'm glad they responded well."

Game One of the best-of-seven Finals will be played on Friday at the Araneta Coliseum. It marks the first Finals appearance in an all-Filipino conference for San Miguel in six years.

The Barakos controlled most part of the first half as Carlo Sharma and Enrico Villanueva repeatedly found their mark. Villanueva scored 13 of his team-high 17 points in the first half on 5-of-8 shooting and Sharma (14 points) was 4-for-4.

But Red Bull's 12 turnovers in the first half proved too costly and the Barakos found themselves trailing the Beermen 59-64 at halftime. Red Bull committed 12 turnovers in the opening half that netted SMB 11 points.

Red Bull's shaky defense was also part to blame for their collapse. The Beermen capitalized on it and scored lots of points on layups and drives down the lane.

"After being away from the league for two years and to be back in the championship is truly satisfying," said Reyes, who is seeking his fifth championship.

The best-of-seven finale for the league's most coveted championship is a sequel of the 2001 All-Filipino Conference eventually won by the Beermen in six games.

Ironically, Jong Uichico, who coached that victorious SMB squad and the man responsible for the Beermen last six championships, is now head coach of the Kings.

Red Bull seemed to regain its second wind when Larry Fonacier (16 points) nailed a 3-pointer that shoved the Barakos ahead, 69-66.

But Seigle answered with successive baskets and Willie Wilson knocked a 12-footer, then sank a pair of free throws to complete an 8-0 run and put SMB back on top with 8:28 left in the third.

Red Bull was just nine points down with under eight minutes remaining until Hontiveros played the executioner’s role, draining two huge threes to extend the Beermen’s lead to 104-90 with six minutes left. (DBC)

Don't forget the heads up play of Dorian, thats what I'm talking about. When you get rattled by RB's D give the ball to Pena and let him do his thing under the basket. Kudos to the quality minutes of Wilson, they didn't use Calaguio & Tugade in that most crucial minutes, Willie held his own and fought for those rebounds. Bravo Beermen!!! Thank you for not letting us fans down.

dude.. don't forget to mention that he really clamped down on Sharma at the start of the 3rd...

just when RB was really making a run... Danny I. was having trouble containing Sharma...

crucial... crucial substitution by coach chot of bringing in Dorian...

Ayos pasok na tayo sa championship... :cool:

Good luck sa SMB sa finals...

hahaha sila ba?! all the while I thought it was Wesley who's dating Valerie!

I'm really baffled why the two acquisitions of SMB (Lordy and Rommel) weren't much of a factor during the series...

sure they had their time in the limelight every once in a while but nawala yung consistency...

You're too hot pre! Let them play first. tsaka tagalugin mo na lang! :cool: :thumbsupsmiley:

it's taught not thought... :hypocritesmiley:

Eh ikaw yata hindi makaintindi ng english professor ecko eh, di ko nga sinabi na sure winner na smb sa ginebra, ang sabi ko pag nanalo smb sa red bull champion na ang feeling ko kse di katalo BGK. Naintindihan mo professor ecko? Red Bull fan ka siguro.

Meron pa isa poster nga pala dito sa MTC like you na matalino din, ituloy nyo na yung sinabi ko sa kanya na magopen ng thread about english 101 hahahahahahaha enjoy teaching english boy!!!

Edited by peep_tom
I'm really baffled why the two acquisitions of SMB (Lordy and Rommel) weren't much of a factor during the series...

sure they had their time in the limelight every once in a while but nawala yung consistency...

Perhaps, the match-ups were just not right for this series. Rommel has played well in the eliminations when SMB faced BGK. Perhaps, he'll be used more. As for Tugade, he still needs to find consistency and his place in the SMB rotation.

I do think this will be an interesting series. Last time I watched at Araneta, the coliseum was divided. Somehow, SMB also has that very important 6th man -- the fans. But, I guess, no one can match the 6th man of BGK once the chant of GI-NEB-RA roars around the big dome.

This is too close to call!

Perhaps, the match-ups were just not right for this series. Rommel has played well in the eliminations when SMB faced BGK. Perhaps, he'll be used more. As for Tugade, he still needs to find consistency and his place in the SMB rotation.

I do think this will be an interesting series. Last time I watched at Araneta, the coliseum was divided. Somehow, SMB also has that very important 6th man -- the fans. But, I guess, no one can match the 6th man of BGK once the chant of GI-NEB-RA roars around the big dome.

This is too close to call!

The thing is the people responsible for shouting GI-NEB-RA are also the same people who shout SAN-MI-GUEL, I'm sure of that cause I have talked to them once way before but they're still the one doing it now. The difference would come sa number of fans na lang, pero di naman pahuhuli ang SMB when it comes to that but admittedly Ginebra would always have that advantage. Let's see who knows hindi magpatalo SMB fans!

Edited by peep_tom