San Miguel Beer

Red Bull sends Fonacier to SMB for three players

By Abac Cordero

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Larry Fonacier has found a new team in the PBA.

After playing two seasons with Red Bull and winning the top rookie honors in 2005, the former Ateneo Blue Eagle is moving over to San Miguel Beer in exchange for three players.

The three players initially offered or sought in exchange for the sweet-shooting Fonacier are Chris Calaguio, Francis Adriano and Fil-American Brandon Cablay.

"In principle, it's done," said a source, which refused to divulge further details, adding that an official announcement will probably be made tomorrow.

"If there will be any changes, it's with any of the three players from San Miguel," he added. Representatives from the two teams met yesterday in Makati.

Fonacier, the No. 14 pick of the 2005 draft, is leaving behind former Ateneo teammates Magnum Membrere, Rich Alvarez and Paolo Bugia at Red Bull.

Alvarez, Bugia and Membrere have fresh contracts with Red Bull. Fonacier's contract with Red Bull just recently expired.

But by joining San Miguel, Fonacier will reunite with Ateneo teammates Enrico Villanueva, formerly of RedBull, Wesley Gonzalez, formerly of Air21, and LA Tenorio, an SMB draftee.

Another former Ateneo players in the San Miguel lineup is Olsen Racela. Head coach Chot Reyes, on loan to the RP team, is also a former Blue Eagle.

Red Bull coach Yeng Guiao welcomed the development, saying his team has managed to survive despite the departure of quality players through the years.

"We've survived even though we lost a lot of marquee players in the past. The system has remained competitive. It's the system and not the players," Guiao said.

GAGO!!! Ang yabang talaga ng A-hole na kalbo na ito. Its like saying sya ang magaling ang hes getting all the credits. Sira pala ulo mo Yeng, even Phil Jax proven system is not enough to win because he don't have the players to impliment it. Sa mga former and current Red Bull players, I hope you heard what your (former) great coach said, he and his system is the reason for all the Red Bull's success at hindi kayo!!! Iwan nyo na yang hambog na yan!!! He puts Chot Reyes' arrogance to shame. :thumbsdownsmiley:

GAGO!!! Ang yabang talaga ng A-hole na kalbo na ito. Its like saying sya ang magaling ang hes getting all the credits. Sira pala ulo mo Yeng, even Phil Jax proven system is not enough to win because he don't have the players to impliment it. Sa mga former and current Red Bull players, I hope you heard what your (former) great coach said, he and his system is the reason for all the Red Bull's success at hindi kayo!!! Iwan nyo na yang hambog na yan!!! He puts Chot Reyes' arrogance to shame. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Dapat palitan na yan si Yeng Guiao. Ang mga magagaling sa team niya hindi nagtatagal sa kanya. Diba redbull din si Willie Miller at Kerby Raymundo dati? Hindi ata nagtagal sa coaching style niya.

mas priority ng san miguel kunin si alex cabagnot...handang ibigay ng SMB si Seigle, Ildefonso, Tugade at Racela in exchange for Cabagnot....magandang deal ito

sino source nito, si Jobert o si Cristy?

GAGO!!! Ang yabang talaga ng A-hole na kalbo na ito. Its like saying sya ang magaling ang hes getting all the credits. Sira pala ulo mo Yeng, even Phil Jax proven system is not enough to win because he don't have the players to implement it. Sa mga former and current Red Bull players, I hope you heard what your (former) great coach said, he and his system is the reason for all the Red Bull's success at hindi kayo!!! Iwan nyo na yang hambog na yan!!! He puts Chot Reyes' arrogance to shame. :thumbsdownsmiley:

:lol:

Dude, baka kaya nyang mag-laro ng all 5 positions, all at the same time, at walang palitan?!? :lol:

Chot Reyes vs Yeng Guiao: Hmmm...now that's one for the record books!

Sana sa next All-Stars ng PBA meron silang fun game: SINO MAS MALAKI ANG ULO???

Tapos pag-untugin ang dalawa!!! ha ha ha ha

Edited by amante delsexo

relax... honestly kahit pano there's some semblance of truth din naman

I mean RB has no true superstar and yet they remain competitive...

although he did fail to add that besides the system... players who fit in it were also vital to their success

Dapat palitan na yan si Yeng Guiao. Ang mga magagaling sa team niya hindi nagtatagal sa kanya. Diba redbull din si Willie Miller at Kerby Raymundo dati? Hindi ata nagtagal sa coaching style niya.

yeah! but theirs was a different story... believe me when I tell you that until now both players still have a great relationship with coach yeng...

although he did fail to add that besides the system... players who fit in it were also vital to their success

I know OT na ito this being the SMB thread :D.

But I hate to disagree, you have to consider that franchise players si Larry Fonacier, Rico Villanueva, and Lordy Tugade if they were playing in another team, say Welcoat or Air21, right?

And for this past conference, they did have Penny as import.

Aminin na natin na may kayabangan talaga si Yeng Guiao but I have to admit he can back up his arrogance naman.

:D

mas priority ng san miguel kunin si alex cabagnot...handang ibigay ng SMB si Seigle, Ildefonso, Tugade at Racela in exchange for Cabagnot....magandang deal ito

Pag nababasa ko mga Posts ni Jopit Naaalala ko yung isang fan na hindi tumigil sa kakadikit kay cabagnot hanggang di binigyan ng Dollar minsang manood ako sa Ringside ng Araneta.

Dude yan ang understanding mo pero ang sabi ni Yeng "It's the system and NOT THE PLAYERS". Ang linaw non dude. Does he mean if we get all their players and give him 12 of the PBA's worst active players the system hes talking about will still give him the same results? Kung ganon pala eh why would Red Bull pay millions just to get better players? Di magbayad na lang sila ng mga banko ng ibang teams makakatipid pa sila and would win din. KALBO!!!

I know OT na ito this being the SMB thread :D .

But I hate to disagree, you have to consider that franchise players si Larry Fonacier, Rico Villanueva, and Lordy Tugade if they were playing in another team, say Welcoat or Air21, right?

Aminin na natin na may kayabangan talaga si Yeng Guiao but I have to admit he can back up his arrogance naman.

Didn't appear that way when Pido Jarencio got in his face when baldy elbowed Hontiveros

Didn't appear that way when Pido Jarencio got in his face when baldy elbowed Hontiveros

got that one right sir!... namutla c kalbo ky allan k!.... :lol:

ung system cgrong cnasabi nya eh kung pano manggulang at tirahin ung kalaban kpg tambak n cla para makahabol!.... :boo:

Edited by ixnay
Dude yan ang understanding mo pero ang sabi ni Yeng "It's the system and NOT THE PLAYERS". Ang linaw non dude. Does he mean if we get all their players and give him 12 of the PBA's worst active players the system hes talking about will still give him the same results? Kung ganon pala eh why would Red Bull pay millions just to get better players? Di magbayad na lang sila ng mga banko ng ibang teams makakatipid pa sila and would win din. KALBO!!!

only way to find out is to give it a try...

I know OT na ito this being the SMB thread :D.

sorry dude... kaso di talaga ako naniniwala sa capabilities nila as franchise players...

especially when it comes to Rico! he simply can't carry a team on his shoulders!

Got this from manila bulletin

San Miguel eyeing Telan

By WAYLON GALVEZ

MARK CLEMENCE Telan, one of the versatile forwards in the league, will have another "home" in the coming PBA All-Filipino conference.

That is if the negotiation between San Miguel and Telan’s mother team, Air21, would push through.

A realiable source told the Bulletin that San Miguel is keen on getting the 6-foot-7 Telan to boost their title campaign in the All-Filipino tournament.

The Express management had earlier offered Telan a two-year extension but het has yet to sign up pending the offer of San Miguel. Purefoods has also expressed interest of getting Telan.

The Beermen are even willing to give Gabby Espinas in exchange of Telan.

Telan started his career with then Tanduay Rhum when the team made a comeback in 1999. The following year, he was traded to Shell, where he blossomed and won the Most Improved Player award in the 2000 season.

He also suited up for Talk ‘N Text before joining Air21 last season.

Meantime, San Miguel finalized the other day its 3-to-1 trade that sent the sweet-shooting Fonacier to the Beermen while Red Bull took Brandon Cablay, Kiko Adriano and opted for 6-foot-7 center Omanzie Rodriguez, instead of guard Chris Calaguio.

Espinas was selected by San Miguel as the fifth overall pick in last year’s PBA Rookie Draft, but he saw limited minutes in two conferences.

Got this from manila bulletin

San Miguel eyeing Telan

By WAYLON GALVEZ

MARK CLEMENCE Telan, one of the versatile forwards in the league, will have another "home" in the coming PBA All-Filipino conference.

That is if the negotiation between San Miguel and Telan's mother team, Air21, would push through.

A realiable source told the Bulletin that San Miguel is keen on getting the 6-foot-7 Telan to boost their title campaign in the All-Filipino tournament.

The Express management had earlier offered Telan a two-year extension but het has yet to sign up pending the offer of San Miguel. Purefoods has also expressed interest of getting Telan.

The Beermen are even willing to give Gabby Espinas in exchange of Telan.

Telan started his career with then Tanduay Rhum when the team made a comeback in 1999. The following year, he was traded to Shell, where he blossomed and won the Most Improved Player award in the 2000 season.

He also suited up for Talk 'N Text before joining Air21 last season.

Meantime, San Miguel finalized the other day its 3-to-1 trade that sent the sweet-shooting Fonacier to the Beermen while Red Bull took Brandon Cablay, Kiko Adriano and opted for 6-foot-7 center Omanzie Rodriguez, instead of guard Chris Calaguio.

Espinas was selected by San Miguel as the fifth overall pick in last year's PBA Rookie Draft, but he saw limited minutes in two conferences.

Something came into my mind. SMB is getting a lot of very good players and Chot will be the coach? Isn't he the same Chot who coached the all star NT? Would he know what to do with these players talents? Obviously he was lost during the NT stint. :thumbsdownsmiley:

If that pushes through SMb will be one heck of a team :thumbsupsmiley: Trade Enrico instead :evil:

Trade Enrico to Ginebra :goatee:

Something came into my mind. SMB is getting a lot of very good players and Chot will be the coach? Isn't he the same Chot who coached the all star NT? Would he know what to do with these players talents? Obviously he was lost during the NT stint. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sa sinapit ng NT sa Japan chot should file a courtesy resignation sa smc management :goatee: