San Miguel Beer

out na SMB this conference abangan ang next season kung si Agustin pa rin ang coach. para sa akin wrong decision talaga ang pag trade nang mga veterans kse nawala ang chemistry. nag retire na nga si racela at ang naiwan na lang si Danny I na mukhang nagbibilang na lang nang nalalabing conference para mag retire na rin.

some people idolize the player not the team...

The players make the team. Without quality players, where would the team be found? Either at the bottom of the standings, or having an early vacation like what happened to SMB this conference.

Take this "blockbuster trade" for example. Of course, rookies like Al-Hussaini, Baclao, and Rey Guevarra can be essential in the team's future in the league. However, are they really worth taking in all at the same time??? How about team chemistry? Do take note that Paul Artadi, Danny Seigle, Dondon Hontiveros and Dorian Pena are all players with at least 2 championship rings. In comparison, can Al-Hussaini shoot threes as effectively as Dondon can? Can Baclao bring the ball like Artadi can and lead the fastbreak? Can Rey Guevarra be relied upon during crunchtime?

Don't take my criticizing of SMB's decision to trade the said players to Air21 as an insult to the team. I've been a fan of SMB for as long as i have been a Ginebra fan. That's my opinion as a follower of the team. Regardless of whatever is said in this forum or elsewhere, it doesn't deny the fact that SMB was eliminated from the conference early after the trade. I'm not even sure that they even won a game after the trade was done. A bad decision is a bad decision. Period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...