• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

I agree with the post above.

For me, there is no better place than home, which is the Philippines. I voice this not out of acid experience, because I also enjoyed living abroad for sometime and still often travel to other countries even outside Asia for short stay for various reasons. Life abroad may bring comfort to many, often material, but life's meaning, after all, is driven mainly by relationships. Such relationships are quite extensive in the Philippines.

The only thing that riles me most these days in living in Metro Manila is the traffic, but I guess, it is just a little discomfort concomitant to the immeasurable warmth of being with family, friends and relatives. I wish I could always take the traffic then as a blessing, seeing a big middle class base prosper in recent years but on one side, be reminded of the bureaucratic failure to address the strong growth of our beloved country through the needed infrastructure development, as we see in the more developed countries.

• 1 month later...

I am fortunate to experience what life is in the Philippines and living in the U.S. it really depends on your priorities in life and your current financial situation.

There are a ton of opportunities abroad which pays a whole lot better and with health benefits on top of that. Unlike here in P.I. where most of the time when you get hired, you get paid below minimum with no benefits.

Also, in my experience living in the U.S., it's much more convenience over there as to compared to PI. Just the traffic itself in PI would ruin your schedule and wouldn't allow you to maximize the things you can do in a day.

But for some reason, it's really more fun in the Philippines. It's a free for all country. And I kinda like that.

But right now, I'd choose living outside the Philippines since there are more opportunities out there. I gotta hustle and make ends meet first before having a good time. I'd still go back to P.I but not to live but for just vacation

I come home about 6 to 7 times a year but after 15yrs of doing it it gets tiring. I am at a crossroads now whether to stay in Phils for good or Australia. Money here is good and safe but really boring. Manila is opposite but money is hard to come by. I wish I can take a nice lady back to oz then that would make me stop coming.

Edited by tisoy1

For me, biggest advantage of living in the Philippines...cheap labor, cheap vice, best beaches. Most of everything else is better abroad. I'm just being honest. But given the choice I would still stay here because it's my home.

There's an easy way to compare living conditions of countries. Just look at their immigration statistics. If more people are coming in than leaving, then it's good. If more people are leaving than coming in, then it's not good.

Edited by camus