Guitar Talk

Any Godin fans around here...just picked up the Seagull 25th anniversary.

Godin makes very good guitars and basses. I have a friend who owns a couple of them. The only problem is that they are ridiculously priced. You could get a guitar with the same specs of a Godin for half its price.

Godin makes very good guitars and basses. I have a friend who owns a couple of them. The only problem is that they are ridiculously priced. You could get a guitar with the same specs of a Godin for half its price.

or you can get a better Godin for less than the price of Fender or Gibson and it's made in Canada with canadian wood.

The 25th Anniversary Seagull Mahogany Spruce for $600 with Tric case is untouchable by any Martin or Taylor.

Sorry, might be a little biased cause I have met Mr. Robert Godin and understands his passion for the instrument.

I did the scalloping myself. Wala luthiers ako kilala dito sa Phoenix. Bumili na lang ako ng rotational sander ng Black and deckers. Sa pickups para sa single coil get Dimarzio or Hotrails are ok as long as you follow the potentiometer requirement and rthe correct wiring diagram. Maganda talaga dualrail para replacement sa single coil. You get the sharp attack of a single coil combined with the punch of a humbucker and since there are two coils working at the same time the 60 cycle hum is eliminated.

For the price of Seymour Duncans or Dimarzio. Mura lang. I got mine from ebay. Second hand na pero slightly used pa lang for just a small fraction of the brand new price. Check out www.guitarpartonline.com or www.guitarheads.net. If you are looking for affordable replacement parts pero top quality they have it. Ewan ko lang kung saan sila pedeng mag ship. Pero I've tried their products, ok naman. Match sa mga name brand guitar parts. Yung scallopping ko, second attempt ko na yun. Yung una sa squire bullet. I bought it for $20. Pumalpak, sobra lalim. Then nagpalit ako ng sander, ginamit ko dun sa Fender Affinity. It worked. Trial and error lang but it was worth it.

san pede magandang magpagawa ng gitara?pickups and wirings? :goatee:

hanap mo na lang sa google si jun castro saka guitar hospital.

re: Godin

honestly at same price i regret picking my yamaha acoustic over a godin. i was into looks kasi at that time, bindings in the body and neck...sexy drednaught body, ayun! nagsisi ako

kasi yun godin sa totoo lang napaka bare ng hitsura pero pag hinawakan mo sa neck pa lang alam mo na gusto mo na. tapos yun tunog sobrang buo! sayang talaga! your godin is a good buy bro!

• 2 weeks later...

been playing for 6 yrs..pero i still consider my skill to be intermediate..i think its bcoz of my small fingers.?

my arsenal includes:

jasmine s 35 acoustic

squier strat fender

roland micro cube;sp 10 (amps)

boss me-50 for my effects

mura lahat yan pero, they can deliver well

saving for:

simmons sd7k;would want to learn how to play drums too

ibanez rg2ex1 or customized 1 to fit my size

Edited by hardheadeddick
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...