• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

bonjing

you are talking about stem cell treatment for cancer, wherein dendritic cells are harvested either from embryos or bone marrow stem cells (the former raises more controversy than the latter) and transfused back into the patient.

dendritic cells, in layman's term, are cells which are in charge of presenting the antigens (disease-causing) to T-lymphocytes (disease-fighting) in order to stimulate the whole immune system cascade. These are the ones used in the dendritic cell vaccine now used for cancer, albeit in its early stages still. As for the price, i'm not quite familiar with it, but you can inquire in the said hospital or even at UP Diliman Department of Molecular Biology.

i read it already. it was exactly what my wife underwent when she had recurrence of her breast ca in the operative site after about 6 years. she underwent another surgery and 6 rounds of taxotere and xeloda and radiotx and because she is triple negative, we decided to undergo the dendritic cell theraphy under dr samuel bernal. i was asking a lot of opinions from classmates and colleagues but they seem to have different opinions about the said treatment. maybe im just looking for more assurance that the said treatment would work as it was designed but i have learned that nobody can give you an assurance and peace of mind except prayers. thank you very much for your opinion angel...

i read it already. it was exactly what my wife underwent when she had recurrence of her breast ca in the operative site after about 6 years. she underwent another surgery and 6 rounds of taxotere and xeloda and radiotx and because she is triple negative, we decided to undergo the dendritic cell theraphy under dr samuel bernal. i was asking a lot of opinions from classmates and colleagues but they seem to have different opinions about the said treatment. maybe im just looking for more assurance that the said treatment would work as it was designed but i have learned that nobody can give you an assurance and peace of mind except prayers. thank you very much for your opinion angel...

uhhm....sorry to hear that.

here are my unsolicited thoughts:

1. taxotere and xeloda are good drugs, basically for 2nd line tx. another option is combining chemo with avastin. ask your oncologist about it.

2. yes, nobody can give you 100% assurance, moreso if we are talking about recurrences. im sorry if i come across as blunt. i have to be. i hope you understand.......in every patient that i have, i tell them that even if we use the targeted therapies, which are the most expensive ones, it would be impossible to guarantee cure.....partly because cure depends on a lot of factors, and partly because only God can guarantee you that....and that is way beyond what we oncologists can do.....

3. personally, i would still push for the dendritic cell tx, if your finances can support you. i wish i could elaborate on this but im not the proper person to do so.

my prayers for your wife. :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by angel_by_day
uhhm....sorry to hear that.

here are my unsolicited thoughts:

1. taxotere and xeloda are good drugs, basically for 2nd line tx. another option is combining chemo with avastin. ask your oncologist about it.

2. yes, nobody can give you 100% assurance, moreso if we are talking about recurrences. im sorry if i come across as blunt. i have to be. i hope you understand.......in every patient that i have, i tell them that even if we use the targeted therapies, which are the most expensive ones, it would be impossible to guarantee cure.....partly because cure depends on a lot of factors, and partly because only God can guarantee you that....and that is way beyond what we oncologists can do.....

3. personally, i would still push for the dendritic cell tx, if your finances can support you. i wish i could elaborate on this but im not the proper person to do so.

my prayers for your wife. :hypocritesmiley:

thank you very much mam

• 1 month later...
any info on cancer of the larynx.

laryngeal cancer can be divided based on the specific area involved:

supraglottis, glottis, or subglottis.

cancer of the larynx is primarily treated with surgery, as with other head and neck cancers.

it depends if the primary tumor is resectable or not.

if resectable, the surgeon will remove it, tapos depende sa extent (if its locally extensive or not), if adjuvant radiation therapy will be needed or not.

kung may natirang margins na positive after surgery, and the patient can tolerate further treatment, usually we combine chemotherapy with radiotherapy.

but in general, we reserve chemotherapy for metatastatic cases (pag may kalat na sa ibang body parts).

that's the shortest that i can give. depends on what you want to know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

re: FUDA my Mom had her treatment since late last year for stage 4 breast ca, she had undergone cryoablation/chemo/dendritic cell tx. chemo drugs are introduce through the inguinal area. dosage varies from the std tx we are accustomed with. they use PET scan to monitor progression/regression. I would say that success of tx is basically hurdling dreaded survival statistics. so far were 6 months beyond that although latest pet scan showed new lesions. She will had 2 more sessions of chemo and a cryoablation procedure sked for the 2nd wk of june. hope and pray it goes well.

• 4 months later...

mom was operated on and tinanggal yung appendix at pagkababae.

kasi lagi siya nag blebleeding at masakit yung sa bandang tiyan.

pero im waiting for the result of the biopsy.

anong chance na stage 1 lang yung cancer cells na nag develop?

sana hinde malala para hinde kelangan i chemo ? :(

meron bang fruits na pwedeng makatulong para gumanda resulta?

• 11 months later...