Nice Word

Opopanax

I just like the sound it makes in the ear. It's a type of myrrh herb. If I remember correctly, I got introduced to the word in Clive Barker's novel Imajica. It came up again in the Stephen King-Peter Straub magnificent collaboration on the dark fantasy novel titled Black House to describe weird and incomprehensible events in the book. Other dictionaries define the word as "meaningless" or "word not found in the dictionary."

Edited by Lord Superb

Gumption

Everybody needs it, especially when you're down or stressed. The word means enthusiasm, mind-body energy, and just sheer determination and perseverance. There's a "gum" in gumption; it sticks firmly to a metaphorical shoe. When you have gumption, you don't easily give up; you stick from beginning to end, until there's no more taste left.

No wonder Forrest Gump is such an admirable character because his last name is four letters short of gumption, which he had in abundance.

Edited by Lord Superb

HAMISSHU

first saw this on a post by idol TwB.

at first, i thought it was Japanese

or something, but after looking at the

context how the word was used - "hey,

this is cool." it's got that right tinge

of playfulness to tell somebody you miss

her but without sounding too serious about it.
Edited by IttoOgami

THANKS

When somebody says this to me it feels so special because it shows how much I am appreciated. It shows that I am somehow important. Appreciation means a lot to everybody. At work people who got appreciated works happily every working day. I know this is also true to a lot of people not just me. Now who wants to be appreciated here raise your right foot. haha just kidding.